New article on Philadelphia's history in Miami & Trenton

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

New article on Philadelphia's history in Miami & Trenton

Post by B. »

https://mafia.substack.com/p/philadelph ... lorida-man

A lot of info in here that has been previously overlooked and unpublished. As with the other articles, I added more to this after I hit publish a couple days ago.

Deals heavily with Philadelphia's earlier presence in Florida, Freddy Felice's background, John Simone and key members of his Trenton crew, Caltanissetta, and how these elements connect to Angelo Bruno.

Thank you.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: New article on Philadelphia's history in Miami & Trenton

Post by felice »

Great great work
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

B. wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:36 pm https://mafia.substack.com/p/philadelph ... lorida-man

A lot of info in here that has been previously overlooked and unpublished. As with the other articles, I added more to this after I hit publish a couple days ago.

Deals heavily with Philadelphia's earlier presence in Florida, Freddy Felice's background, John Simone and key members of his Trenton crew, Caltanissetta, and how these elements connect to Angelo Bruno.

Thank you.
Great piece. Very informative and interesting.

And thanks for the shout out.
faffy444
On Record

Post by faffy444 »

super work, love the detail. what's up next?
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

I’m glad to see you are getting your eggs in one basket so to speak. If you need help streamlining some of the older stuff compiled on the board like I said I will help you out in my spare time
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

Awesome work
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Just now found out you're doing this, it's pretty great.

You should write the definitive Scarfo piece.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Ivan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:12 am Just now found out you're doing this, it's pretty great.

You should write the definitive Scarfo piece.
Thanks man.

I think Scarfo has been pretty well-covered, especially after the Leonetti book. Hard to write about Philly given Anastasia and Morello have pretty much covered the entire history. Been working on this Trenton stuff for many years so hopefully it dots some i's.

-

Also for the Philly nerds, I think I might have found the identity of the Mike "Lightning" LNU who John Simone sponsored at the same time as Mike "Daylight" Tramontana. I added it to the article, but I suspect this was Tramontana's cousin of the same name. I know years ago we theorized it was another nickname for "Daylight" but they were separate people and the article adds some context.

-

Thanks everyone.
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Looking forward to more as I’m from Trenton and heard all these names growing up.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Daylight is Mike Amico.

There were three Mikes in that crew. Two got made on the same date right after Bruno got in. Daylight and Lightning. Mike Tramontana and Mike Amico. Amico's name isn't stated but can be inferred. There is a wiretap between Angelo Bruno and San Decavalcante where he mentions two Mikes getting made on the same date from Trenton and Sam making a beef because they were both from Trenton and were in his territory. Bruno deflected saying they were proposed before he became boss and had been ok'd by New York. Couple years later there is a list of made guys in that crew and their numbers action found in Bruno's possession. That list included Mike Amico, Mike Tramontana and Mike Cammarotta. Mike Amico appeared on two or three member lists in FBI reports and was definitely in that crew.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Amico slipped my mind but I had him here from years back: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2846

You mean Amico is Lightning, not Daylight I assume. He'd definitely fit the bill. He was another member from Caltanissetta province like most of the others.

Tony Perella was also called "Kid Lightning" but isn't him.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Yes, Mike Amico is Lightning. That is what I meant to type. Died in early 70's.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Ok, makes sense if he is Lightning. Hope your project is going well.