"Mafia Bloodlines: A Society Unto Themselves" articles

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: "Mafia Bloodlines: A Society Unto Themselves" articles

Post by Villain »

@B if you make your voice sound deeper (baritone), you might sound same as the "King" himself lol

Just kidding and again, great stuff. Today i also listened to the podcast while driving and I wasnt able to remember everything and so ill listen to it again.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:48 pm That piece on the Gallos isn't an article, it's almost a dissertation. Great content, and I love your writing skills. You always seems to pick the most appropriate words in your writings.
Agreed. B. has a skill that even MA degrees can't teach.

(I'm still reading them, I'll comment after but so far- blown away by your work.)
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Also, if you do a podcast and need a guest, I'd be down. But, if you want, consider Scott Burnstein as well as some other mutual friends. Depending on your guests you may want to put these up on YouTube. If you wanted, I could create videos for the audio, even if its just images relevant to what's being discussed. It would also be good practice for me to learn Premiere Pro.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:46 am Also, if you do a podcast and need a guest, I'd be down. But, if you want, consider Scott Burnstein as well as some other mutual friends. Depending on your guests you may want to put these up on YouTube. If you wanted, I could create videos for the audio, even if its just images relevant to what's being discussed. It would also be good practice for me to learn Premiere Pro.
Hell, me too. That is, if you don't mind my Stefano Maggadino-like ramblings where I bounce from subject to subject at random.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Snakes wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:48 am
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:46 am Also, if you do a podcast and need a guest, I'd be down. But, if you want, consider Scott Burnstein as well as some other mutual friends. Depending on your guests you may want to put these up on YouTube. If you wanted, I could create videos for the audio, even if its just images relevant to what's being discussed. It would also be good practice for me to learn Premiere Pro.
Hell, me too. That is, if you don't mind my Stefano Maggadino-like ramblings where I bounce from subject to subject at random.
I sent it to DiLeonardo, I think he'll enjoy it and I'll feel him out, maybe he'd be open to appearing on B's podcast. I could also ask Scott Burnstein, Scott Deitche, Kenji Gallo, maybe Fat Sal who'd be awesome with an Agrigento faction discussion given his family's multigenerational links to it, or you can ask him what it was like Jetskiing across Niagara falls.

It's alot to think over and B's already stated he wants it to be article focused, but buddy if you're interested in any of the above, you have my full support and quite frankly, I'd love to hear you interview all the people I listed with questions from your perspective and the answers that they would give. Hell, I'd pay for it.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Listened to the first podcast there and thought it was really interesting. Gonna set some time aside later on to delve into the articles too. It's about time you put something like this together, great work
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Thanks a ton for the kind comments. This is my intended audience so if I can catch a few of you guys I consider it a success. I appreciate it greatly.

I have audio experience but no experience with software for conversations so I need to look into what's needed to do that in my downtime. If someone has any insight into good software/approaches to that, feel free to PM me.

Would be great to have a blend of researchers and guys like Michael and Sal if they were into it. If I get this moving, the idea would be to highlight the sharpest minds on this subject and everyone mentioned so far qualifies 100%.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

would be interesting
richard_belding
Straightened out

Post by richard_belding »

Easy subscribe, your research is impeccable. Thanks for putting this together!
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

I already subscribed , I thought it was amazing.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

B. wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:35 pm Thanks a ton for the kind comments. This is my intended audience so if I can catch a few of you guys I consider it a success. I appreciate it greatly.

I have audio experience but no experience with software for conversations so I need to look into what's needed to do that in my downtime. If someone has any insight into good software/approaches to that, feel free to PM me.

Would be great to have a blend of researchers and guys like Michael and Sal if they were into it. If I get this moving, the idea would be to highlight the sharpest minds on this subject and everyone mentioned so far qualifies 100%.
I sent it to them and I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

Again, your ability to articulate and to find the right wording, I lack. They don't teach your skills in an MA program. You're better at it than me, and it's what has held me back. I work on my project and know you'd explain it so much better. Maybe I should hire you as the writer while I stand over (the phone with) you, dictating what I'm trying to emphasize? How much you charge?

Seriously though, you are a godsend to this genre and to the deeper learning and understanding of this subject/phenomenon. Rick and I may have dug up the grave in terms of the genealogical approach but you took the crowbar and cracked open the casket and are exposing everything. I'm glad our work inspired you to discover new findings using your own approach and incorporating it with what we had to offer. But you've taken it and made it your own. I commend it and find you to be an inspiration in the research of the May-fia. I'm learning alot from you and I'm truly grateful. Salut.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Too kind, my friend. That endorsement makes it all worth doing and it's humbling.

The material you're working on now is incredible but way out of my depth -- can't imagine doing more than offering editing suggestions or being a hype man for it. The details you've mentioned casually will bring about years of discussion for anyone interested in this subject. I've already said too much and I'm sworn to secrecy, but dots won't just be connected, they're being discovered.

Once I get the podcast side figured out you're going to have to come on and talk about whatever, but once your project is done I'd like to do a serious interview with you about it.

-

Thanks again everyone for checking out the substack. I threw up a "formal introduction" episode at Rick's suggestion mentioning how I got into this subject and I almost stayed on topic.

https://mafia.substack.com/p/formal-introduction-audio
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Enjoyed your latest podcast. I suggest for future episodes that you focus on a single topic. Each episode could be a different topic. Maybe use a written outline to keep from going too far astray. If you want to bounce some ideas you know who to contact.

BTW, this is a good site for pronouncing Italian words: https://forvo.com/languages/it/. Google translate is also good.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I appreciate the constructive feedback, buddy -- thanks as always.
TecCal21
Prospect

Post by TecCal21 »

Great stuff well done. Very interesting.