"Mafia Bloodlines: A Society Unto Themselves" articles

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

"Mafia Bloodlines: A Society Unto Themselves" articles

Post by B. »

I had the time recently to go "all in" on the substack I created: https://mafia.substack.com/

- I published these articles prematurely and had much more to add, so I've been staying up way too late for the past week chipping away at them and editing, editing, editing. Typos are destroying me (if you read these, please tell me if you see one -- I do all my writing in Windows notepad and it doesn't tell you).

- Today is the day I am calling them done. Some of you subscribed (you don't have to -- you can read them on the page) and read them already (thank you) but I've added a ton more since then in case you want to really dive in again.

- My goal is to provide interesting research you won't see most places and to help describe the organization as the members see it while explaining the networks, relationships, and formal rules and processes. If you notice, I source members almost 100% of the time and this includes members new and old.

- You won't see linear "storytelling" or biographies, you'll read a story told through intense research that takes turns and jumps through people, time, and place because that is the nature of this organization. There is no other way to discuss it and it is daunting but this is what I've learned about Cosa Nostra and it's what I would want to read, so I'm writing it.

Articles:

Summary: Louis Boschetto, Wyoming, the Colorado Mafia, mafia politicians, jurisdictional protocol, the different types of made members, etc.
https://mafia.substack.com/p/the-mafias ... in-wyoming

Summary: Joe Bonanno's cousins, the Pittston Family, Castellammarese guys, etc.
https://mafia.substack.com/p/the-silino ... nos-secret

Summary: lesser known Bonannos, Sicily, networks, genealogy, murders, San Francisco, the entire history of Cosa Nostra's governing bodies. This one is out of control and maxed out substack's character limit.
https://mafia.substack.com/p/a-different-set-of-gallos

-

Many people on and off this board contributed directly and indirectly to this research. Thank you to all who have contributed, I truly enjoy comparing notes and sorting these things out. What can I say, I caught the bug almost 20 years ago and I still find new angles that hook me. I've been doing a lot of writing on this subject off board and am integrating it in with different people/places/etc. because it all fits together.

Please feel free to correct, criticize, or debate anything I write. My only interest is pure and honest analysis.

Thank you.

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: "Mafia Bloodlines: A Society Unto Themselves" articles

Post by Villain »

Great stuff B and thanks. I just subscribed. Cheers
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Villain wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:27 am Great stuff B and thanks. I just subscribed. Cheers
Thanks, my friend.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

The depth is incredibly impressive.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Already subscribed as you have already seen. It's a great idea that you centralize your past and future projects, I consider you to be one of the best resources (along with others here of course) regarding Mafia research. In addition, it will make it easier to search for your old work.

Keep up the good work my friend
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yeah, I subscribed to this.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Just got a phishing email in my main inbox 5 minutes later. Coincidence?! Just kidding, keep up the good work.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Haha. If I can find a way to scam you, watch out. Thanks a ton guys.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

“Nigerian prince” scam, but instead long lost relative of the Messina Denaro clan.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

That piece on the Gallos isn't an article, it's almost a dissertation. Great content, and I love your writing skills. You always seems to pick the most appropriate words in your writings.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:51 pm “Nigerian prince” scam, but instead long lost relative of the Messina Denaro clan.
Haha, new times call for new scams.
Antiliar wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:48 pm That piece on the Gallos isn't an article, it's almost a dissertation. Great content, and I love your writing skills. You always seems to pick the most appropriate words in your writings.
Thank you so much. Means a lot coming from you.

-

I found out there's a podcast feature that's very easy to use, so I added an audio "introduction". Just me rambling on about how I approach this subject if anyone is interested.

https://mafia.substack.com/p/off-the-cu ... tion-audio

Might be cool to make better use of it in the future.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ha, first thing I listened to when I came into work today. Was a nice refresher before Talking Sopranos.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

I listened to the podcast on my way to work, it was fantastic. Keep it up
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Will do. I will mention the forum and people's work on here, though the audience I'm sure will be from here haha. We'll see how things develop.

Thanks guys.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Very impressive podcast. Reminds me of an NPR program, but without the sleep-inducing dullness. Poor analogies aside, you are a damn good speaker. Not only to you have a very professional smooth voice, but you have a great flow. Sometimes I pause and hesitate, but you quickly pull your thoughts and ideas together with great recall. You also successfully pull off impromptu acting, giving a really good performance. Best of all, although the podcast lasts an hour, you manage to keep us entertained. Content-wise, I surmise this was based on our 3-way call with CC. I hope in your next one you share your background and tell us how you got interested in this subject.