"Mafia Bloodlines: A Society Unto Themselves" articles

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: "Mafia Bloodlines: A Society Unto Themselves" articles

Post by moneyman »

This was excellent, really good synthesis of all the recent Decav info you and others have discovered. Would have been cool to have Giovanni Rocco on as a guest although he probably couldn't give you much in terms of names and info.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Enjoyed the latest podcast. I gotta say though, you need to do something about these abrupt-ass endings for these episodes. Whenever I listen to one I think that my headphones died when it ends. You need some kind of sign-off - might I suggest "Stonefelt.....out."

I was intrigued by the comment about you talking to Fiordilino. Can we expect to see something based on your conversations with him in the future similar to what you did after talking to Mikey Scars? With Frank's knowledge and bloodlines that could turn out to be something epic.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Thanks for the feedback, man. Appreciate it. I know the Substack player sometimes cuts off too early but I'm probably ending abruptly too. What can I say, I don't know how to say goodbye haha.

In answer to the question, working on unrelated things right now but everything about this subject benefits when you talk to knowledgeable people from the life. You get more insight into even totally unrelated things.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Great episode and thanks for the mention! To bad we don’t have 100% membership confirmation on Chopper Aiosa you could have added him to list of recently deceased DeCav leaders. Losing him and Merlo really hurt Majuri.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

No prob, you were the first to mention Bellomo/Majuri no question.

I thought about Aiosa but yeah, you know my reasoning for not mentioning him. If he was a captain or even a member that' a big loss given he was a young guy in NYC.

Russo mentioned a zip named "Angelo" who came into Sacco's and threw his weight around, then Stango gave Russo a heads up about the zips. Probably a pseudonym. Some of the zips from 20+ years ago are either dead, returned to Sicily, or very old. A couple of those guys arrested with Guarraci at the pizzeria were young and might have been Sicilians.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Loved the state of the union decav... episode. The few I have listened to this one was my favorite.
Do you have a donation spot on there? the opportunity cost doing all this research and fact checking then writing about it then talking about it is probably alot... appreciate it
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Tony -- meant to thank you for the kind words and support. Substack has a paid subscriber feature I haven't enabled, as I don't think this particular project deserves compensation but I really appreciate that thought.

A new article went up Sunday: "Alabama, New Jersey, & the Agrigento Network"

https://mafia.substack.com/p/alabama-ne ... -agrigento

Hopefully I've ironed out any typos, alway seem to be a few after I hit publish. This is sort of my grand opus on Agrigento and I wanted to finally publish some of the findings on Alabama, as more has come to my attention since it was discussed on here.

Thanks to everyone who is interested.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Great article.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Great article B.!

Your breakdown of the different familiar and village connections is truly amazing
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Thanks a ton guys.

Even outside of the mob stuff, I find all of the villages and their connections interesting on a human level.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Very very good article. I sent it over to Michael and I'd like to see you go on their show and do an interview about it.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I appreciate that greatly.

You guys are my audience and the people whose opinions I care about.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

US senator from Wyoming, a mafia member? Who? I don’t believe that.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Extortion wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:02 pm US senator from Wyoming, a mafia member? Who? I don’t believe that.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5942
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

"Who?"

(Long, rambling article in which the man's name is repeated and his entire origins explored)