Joey Merlino is back in town

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Re: Joey Merlino is back in town

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

I've read places that Phil Narducci can't stand Joey Merlino. Joey must not know this, because he talks like they were friendly and shows know ill will.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I understand how he feels about rats. But, it's overkill imo. Rat this, rat that...every 5 seconds. I understand he's a stand up guy and alot of pinches have been because of rats. But it's like I tell my 8 year old son... your not really going to get alot of credit for things you are supposed to do in life. Like get good grades, be respectful to the teachers-especially the hot math teacher. When you take that oath, you are not supposed go rat. It just goes with the territory. Now, I understand there is so few stand up guys, allegedly. But, what do you people to say to you about not being a rat? I cant see the DiPietro, the guy doing 30 years from Philly being like this. That's just my opinion and it don't mean shit
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

It’s shocking that Philly made Persiano when he has checked in PC at every Place he was it. How did No one not know that..??? Did they not ask around because he was already supposedly made with the Lukes ? Wonder why the Lucchese released him in the first place and what crew was he in ?( anyone know ????)
Heard the guy is a scumbag .... just shocking how No one heard or called it out that he checked in PC dozens of times
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:07 pm It’s shocking that Philly made Persiano when he has checked in PC at every Place he was it. How did No one not know that..??? Did they not ask around because he was already supposedly made with the Lukes ? Wonder why the Lucchese released him in the first place and what crew was he in ?( anyone know ????)
Heard the guy is a scumbag .... just shocking how No one heard or called it out that he checked in PC dozens of times
I thought he was talking about Pennisi then, but may have missed heard. He was back and fourth, or was saying the wrong name.

But either way Persiano was arrested in 1993. He confesses to a murder he did. Then he goes on and gets made into two different crime families. (I believe the confession got thrown out in court because he confessed 18 hours after holding with no charges)

Anthony Persiano murder article jpg
from 1993
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:07 pm It’s shocking that Philly made Persiano when he has checked in PC at every Place he was it. How did No one not know that..??? Did they not ask around because he was already supposedly made with the Lukes ? Wonder why the Lucchese released him in the first place and what crew was he in ?( anyone know ????)
It was Pennisi they were talking about.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Proletarian187
Associate

Post by Proletarian187 »

Cheech wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:02 am
Interesting to hear about Pennisis being in PC for much of his prison stint. They claim to have the paperwork to back it up but I haven't had time to check it out personally.

Then again, lcn is not a prison gang so I don't know their policy on those things. But usually every organisation pretty much follow jailhouse rules. Life on the inside would be rough otherwise and they would lose all respect among other inmates.
Carbine genius
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Cheech wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:02 am
No, he is talking about Persiano ( Joey wasn’t saying his name correct. )
Look at the title - Episode 29 route of the month Anthony Persiano
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

ShotgunTheRifle wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:35 am
I thought he was talking about Pennisi then, but may have missed heard. He was back and fourth, or was saying the wrong name.

But either way Persiano was arrested in 1993. He confesses to a murder he did. Then he goes on and gets made into two different crime families. (I believe the confession got thrown out in court because he confessed 18 hours after holding with no charges)

Anthony Persiano murder article jpg from 1993
Yeah it was odd how Joey was pronouncing his name . It’s crazy this guy ratted in early 90’s .... goes In PC at who knows how many places.... then comes out and gets Made with 2 families. WTF .wow talking about dropping the ball. Wonder who he was first on record with in the Lucchese’s . Also Curious on why he transferred ,maybe some guys started to find out about his past.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

We’ve spoken about this before but it’s possible Persiano was made 3 times. First by an old time Philly member authorized by Scarfo Sr while he was in jail and already deposed as boss. Seems like this ceremony wasn’t recognized and he was then made by the Lucchese family and then again by Philly.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I think Chin was the one with the theory it was a rogue Scarfo faction Persiano was possibly made into. I don't remember there being a third induction with the Lucchese though. It wS just originally thought they were inducted by the Lucchese but ma ynot actually be the case.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I think the most likely scenario was Persiano, Piccolo, Pelullo, and the unidentified fourth guy were made into a rogue branch of the Philadelphia family (probably a very, very small one) by an old-timer who still recognised Scarfo Sr as boss.

We know Scarfo Sr was still trying to get back control of the family and was acting like he was in charge. In the conversations taped by Nick Stefanelli, the Philadelphia members talk about how Scarfo Jr tried to get Joey Grande on side by offering him a captain position. They were very explicit that this captain position was under Scarfo Sr. So the Scarfos were acting like Scarfo Sr had the authority still to appoint captains, making it quite reasonable that he would also make new members, even if those inductions ended up not being recognised.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:03 pm
ShotgunTheRifle wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:35 am

Anthony Persiano murder article jpg from 1993
Yeah it was odd how Joey was pronouncing his name . It’s crazy this guy ratted in early 90’s .... goes In PC at who knows how many places.... then comes out and gets Made with 2 families. WTF .wow talking about dropping the ball. Wonder who he was first on record with in the Lucchese’s . Also Curious on why he transferred ,maybe some guys started to find out about his past.
It was definitely Pennissi. It was Dom Crea saying it. They switched to Pennisi when they were talking about all the rats that beat women. Are u on patreon? Listen again
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

At 19:25 he clearly says “that other motherfucker Pennissi”
Proletarian187
Associate

Post by Proletarian187 »

PC-Pennisi has a nice ring to it tho. Almost too perfect.

On topic: It's stunning to me that he drops names so freely.

It's one thing to mention Scarfo, Testa and other names that are long dead and gone. But the fact that he mentions Phil Narducci, Mazzone, Dom Grande ( I believe?) and others..

And interviews Crea's son and discusses his case including Matty Madonna.

He doesn't say Mafia or Cosa Nostra or anything like that. And they mostly talk about stuff that's been proven or disproven in court, is already public record etc so he's not talking out of school imo.

I can't imagine Merlino doing that without "permission" or without knowing it's cool.

We are already witnessing history, maybe we're also watching the birth of a new philosophy and strategy in regards to handling the media and the public. Embracing the "secret" in the secret society.
Carbine genius
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Cheech wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:02 am At 19:25 he clearly says “that other motherfucker Pennissi”
Nope I’m not on Patreon, what’s the Title say on Patreon ? Cause On his YouTube Channel the Video says “ Episode 29 rat of the month Anthony Persiano “
That’s literally the title of the video Above were it says 33k views in 2 days .
Yeah I heard him say Pennisi too, but the video is titled Persiano .So either Merlino didn’t pronounce the name right or the video is titled wrong.