Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Re: Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Post by nizarsoccer »

Colombo capo Dennis (Fat Dennis) Delucia flipped.

Also, court filings in the case indicate that the feds have a lot more evidence against consigliere Ralph DeMatteo than they do against the boss and underboss of the beleaguered bourghata.

https://www.ganglandnews.com/#lufthansa
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Is Persico still held on bail? It looks like the others are going to be filing memos to be released.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Where are Mush's sons JoJo and Billy? Are either still affiliated?
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

SolarSolano wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:00 pm Where are Mush's sons JoJo and Billy? Are either still affiliated?
JoJo died in prison years ago. Billy is a reputed captain in the Colombo’s
B0531
Prospect

Post by B0531 »

How did jojo die? Also what happened to Chucky Russo?
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

B0531 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:05 pm How did jojo die? Also what happened to Chucky Russo?
Some form of cancer. Chucky is serving life
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:47 am
Philly d wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:46 pm
Rocco wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:46 am
nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:37 am
Rocco wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:33 am
Dave65827 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:36 am Huge. It looks like it might tie in to Thomas Fareses recent arrest
Why do you say that? Farese is a FL was a never a NY guy. He got busted in a FL fraud case. the NY case is centered around a NY Union Local.? They don't appear to be related at all. ?
I think that was the first speculation because when the news broke, all the articles just mentioned healthcare fraud in connection to a union benefit fund. Farese got busted in a healthcare fraud case too, so its fair to assume they were related. Obviously once more details started to trickle in, it became clear they were quite separate.
totally different scam. NY is Union Based. Farese has always been a FL guy. He got in with the colomobos while doing prison time in FL in the the 70s or 80s for Cocaine trafficking and money laundering. He met a Colombo Capo in prison started laundering money for him. . He has zero ties to NY other then his Wife whom he met in FL...he is married to Allie Boy's(Carmines deceased brothers kid) Daughter Suzanne.
I think he is from Boston originally
Really? I've never heard that before. If he was from Boston I would have thought he would have known about DeLeo being a rat from years before.
DeLeo lived in Arkansas for awhile and I think that is where his ratting took place against the doctor
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Dr031718 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:11 pm
B0531 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:05 pm How did jojo die? Also what happened to Chucky Russo?
Some form of cancer. Chucky is serving life
The wedding of Chucky's son, Allie, in 2008 was attended by Tommy Gioeli, Dennis DeLucia, Richie Fusco, Reynold Maragni and other Colombo bigwigs. That doesn't mean Allie is a wiseguy or that he's made, but I just found it interesting. Apparently, that meeting was where Tommy Gioeli told Maragni to speak to Vincent Manzo, who was shelved, and organize a repayment plan for Manzo's son's various debts.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Johnny1and1
Straightened out

Post by Johnny1and1 »

Superseding indictment has been filed where a couple of things changed. They indicted Albert Alimena. I don't believe he was originally included in the indictment that was unsealed about the time this became public. Alimena has connections to the west side Genovese. He's a regular guy down in Florida, as are a couple of others. No one has plead, and no one has flipped unless that's sealed. This said, there were several sealed documents filed, and several documents redacted right before the superseding indictment was filed. Mostly Vinny has a heart condition, and some bail stuff. The Feds fucked with most of these guys about bail as they always do. The superseding indictment is sealed, but I believe anyone will be able to access it sometime this week to verify.

I don't think the Alimena indictment is unknown, but there are a couple of new items in it that some on here might want to take a look at this week when some additional items get publicly released. So whoever writes Gangland is getting some of this from court filings, but I now know factually they are talking to a retired guy in Florida on a regular basis. Small world and for whatever that's worth. To me that tells me when I know he/she is somewhat accurate, and when I know a bunch more than he/she does. Everyone talks too much. And I was a lot more active a lot more recently than this particular source. But again, everyone talks, and everyone seems to know everything, so it is what it is. Clown world.

A couple more things to note. Usually when the Feds have enough they charge the overlying stuff, but in this case they threw in some marijuana shipments from Queens to FLL, and some loansharking. The marijuana looks like a throwaway charge, but extortionate extension of credit is up to 20, and that's a bad place to be. In the marijuana deal the Feds used words like conspired and agreed, and even though the Feds are wildly inaccurate about a ton of stuff, one place they are usually accurate, and one place the words aren't overly sensationalized is in their charging documents. No overt acts mentioned, and I know they don't have any overt acts. Obviously I can't prove that I know, but I know.

My instinct is that the Feds are trying to get Alimena to flip. Maybe one other guy, but that's not clear to me yet. They don't Alimena to flip, but I think they get him to plead, and shorten the process to get the other guys in prison. I think that if that is their strategy the marijuana thing disappears, and they keep extortionate extension of credit hanging over Costa, Ragano, Uvino and Vinny. And they also have some ammunition and weapons stuff they will use as leverage.

The making false statements is what they got those attorneys and gentlemen for in Chicago in the CDL scheme. They were all in Oxford camp when I was visiting there. That's what they're going to use for the false certifications from the OSHA school. There is a bit more to it that that.

This one is wrapped up pretty tight with several overt acts documented. Also, it's pretty clear from the superseding indictment they have some loansharking customers and some vendors they worked up from in those areas. The rest of the stuff they hardly needed to work up as it was right in their face. Very sloppy, and breaks the old first party / third party rule. The other thing that stands out to me, and granted I look at these things from a different perspective than probably anyone else on here, is that these guys are getting followed around big time. There are probably more Feds in the city than made guys. And Florida is probably not far behind.
Vacari Lives!
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Johnny1and1 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:46 am
The making false statements is what they got those attorneys and gentlemen for in Chicago in the CDL scheme. They were all in Oxford camp when I was visiting there. That's what they're going to use for the false certifications from the OSHA school. There is a bit more to it that that.
Which “gentlemen” from Chicago are you referring to here? Guys busted in the 2000 Federal trucking probe in IL?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Johnny1and1
Straightened out

Post by Johnny1and1 »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:15 am
Johnny1and1 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:46 am
Which “gentlemen” from Chicago are you referring to here? Guys busted in the 2000 Federal trucking probe in IL?
I don't know. I was visiting FCI Oxford 2007 or 2008 through 2009 and there were a bunch of bag men there. Attorneys that were taking bribes to elected officials. A couple of Chicago guys. George Ryan was there and I met him actually. BOP has a rule for medical conditions, and he was too far from Madison, which was the closest, decent hospital, so he got transferred. I'm not sure who they were. My knowledge of Chicago is limited. A couple of guys hanging on in Des Moines, some guys taking lay off bets in Des Moines and Peoria from the guys that took over what I used to do where I live. I laid off to NY via Florida, so I didn't deal with them. Some stuff around Delavan and Lake Geneva because I go fishing with a a friend up there whose mother is blood related to the Balistrieri's. I know they were made becuase my friend that was in Oxford and myself had businesses, and I was sent a third hand message that some guys needed jobs when they got out, and if I could help they'd appreciate it. I was done at that point and I didn't have any jobs, so I let it be. I never worked and played in the same town, and Chicago was too close. When we put parlay cards into the factories I was aware that the union guys from Chicago got paid, but I did all of that third hand. All I really know is some guys still run a craps game in Des Moines, and I know where they hang out. Small time deal, mostly just among themselves for fun. I couldn't tell you who they are, and I'm not going to find out. It's a jealousy thing. Where I live is their borgota, and I laid off to NY instead. There is no reason for them to ever know this, and frankly, I'm not sure they'd even care, but that's what I did. I think they still use some motorcycle guys in my area to run dope. I don't know that, but it looks like it. When you know what stuff looks like, it isn't too hard to see, so that's a pretty good guess. There is a DiBernardo here and I was told by them that there were some Chicago guys here where I live, and I knew them. I can't remember those names either. When I was told I acted like I was confused. That came out of the blue within the last 18 months and made me uncomfortable the way it was presented to me.

Anyway, when I was asked about the jobs, I asked my friend who was in Oxford what they got pinched for and he told me they were getting CDL's issued, and then a lot of fatal semi accidents started to happen, and the USDOT and eventually FBI came in and tracked it back to them.

You'd know better than me who was in Oxford camp between 07-09.
Vacari Lives!
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

For what's worth I think your credibility speaks for itself on here Johnny1. What you speak is verification enough for me.
Johnny1and1
Straightened out

Post by Johnny1and1 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:46 am For what's worth I think your credibility speaks for itself on here Johnny1. What you speak is verification enough for me.
Very kind of you to say that. I post from a different perspective. That perspective is limited though, and will be more so going forward as I'm really retired from the drama. This said, when I'm in Florida I'm around a lot of guys from a lot of different areas, so I hear things. To be fair that means some of the things I hear could be considered speculation, but I'd suggest pretty well informed speculation. Even the stuff about how I laid off is the way it was, and it's probably still that way, but things change pretty quickly in that world, so unless someone is active, no one really knows what's what.
Vacari Lives!
Johnny1and1
Straightened out

Post by Johnny1and1 »

The above is the original arrest of Alimena in the Southern District of Florida, removed by the superseding indictment to the Eastern District of New York.

What I learned today is that got these guys recorded big time, and several are in ongoing plea discussions.

If it gets to trial, they'll be grouped together as follows:

Albert Alimena, Joseph Bellantoni, Benjamin Castellazzo, Ralph DiMatteo, Richard Ferrara, Theodore Persico, Erin Thompkins,
Vincent Ricciardo, Michael Uvino.

Thomas Costa, John Glover, Vincent Martino, John Ragano, and Domenick Ricciardo.

First group is union, second group are other things, except Domenick.

How recorded big time? They got two of these guys recorded speaking to their attorneys, and they have a filter team. Surprise, surprise.

So how the Feds work this is just like an illegal wire tap, they can't use it, but they see (and hear) it, and it provides an outline and template for additional charges sometimes, and other times insight into how this will be defended. Why? Because they look, and they do this with purpose, just like they did it to Trump for purpose.

Plea discussions are another way they apply pressure. It raises doubts among the defendants, and if and when they can't trust the other defendants, the fed's plant more doubt. It's unethical, and it's prosecutorial misconduct, but it happens every day.

These guys are cooked. Some of them knew the deal, others never hurt anyone, never dealt hard dope, never used violence to collect. All this for stealing from unions, who in turn steal from workers. I'm not 100% defending this, but I know who and what some unions are, so I am partially defending at least two guys listed above. They don't deserve this underhanded and unethical treatment from the Feds.

Anyway, you can't get in trouble if you learn one word. NO. Actually you can still get in trouble, but you don't have a lot of criminal jeopardy. They just pull you in and question you, to make other guys think you're a snitch. And they do that too, without reasonable cause. Just to fuck with you. If you are a bookmaker, you could get in trouble. If you're Italian and an bookmaker, you could get fucked.

Why don't poeple walk away when they're up? Some do. I can bore you with the thought process used when others don't walk away another time. If you can follow it. It's pretty convoluted to most, but I get it.
Last edited by Johnny1and1 on Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vacari Lives!