Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Post by Wiseguy »

Incidentally, if I'm not mistaken, Local 621 (United Construction Trades and Industrial Employees) is an International Union of Journeymen & Allied Trades affiliated local (which in turn is affiliated with the United Service Workers Union). The Colombo connection would be a continuation we've seen with the mob and other IUJAT locals over the last decade or so, including IUJAT Local 124 and 713 (Genovese) and IUJAT Local 175 (Gambinos). 20 years ago, the Building and Construction Trades Councils of Greater New York, the Building Trades Employers' Association, and other entities were sounding the alarm about some of these rogue unions sneaking into the New York market and operating beyond their charter. As the mob has been removed from more "respectable" AFL-CIO affiliated unions, they have moved into these ones. Local 175 has 578 members. Local 124 has 912 members. Local 713 over 5,000 members. Not sure about Local 621.
All roads lead to New York.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

wonder if the genovese still has a little sway in the carpenters union thats the most important in the trades in nyc. even if they just get small kick backs and favors. probaly.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:43 pm wonder if the genovese still has a little sway in the carpenters union thats the most important in the trades in nyc. even if they just get small kick backs and favors. probaly.
You had the 2009 case that indicted 9 officials of Local 608, which was later merged with Local 157. 5 years before, Local 157 had been one of several construction locals charged in the Moscatiello indictment.

In 2013, it was reported by the court appointed monitor that at least 5 people affiliated with the Genovese family had retained membership in local unions affiliated with the Carpenters District Council, including one who was an important employer in the trade show industry. In 2014, it was reported that 2 Genovese members were employees of signatory contractors.

Then in 2019, John DeFalco (President of Carpenters Local 157) and Salvatore Taligaferro (President of Carpenters Local 926) were charged for accepting cash bribe for union membership.

There still may be some elements but you can see the hold weakening over time. In fact, the Genovese family was said to have created the Amalgamated Carpenters & Joiners Union to counter lost influence with the UBC.
All roads lead to New York.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Rocco wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:46 am
nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:37 am
Rocco wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:33 am
Dave65827 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:36 am Huge. It looks like it might tie in to Thomas Fareses recent arrest
Why do you say that? Farese is a FL was a never a NY guy. He got busted in a FL fraud case. the NY case is centered around a NY Union Local.? They don't appear to be related at all. ?
I think that was the first speculation because when the news broke, all the articles just mentioned healthcare fraud in connection to a union benefit fund. Farese got busted in a healthcare fraud case too, so its fair to assume they were related. Obviously once more details started to trickle in, it became clear they were quite separate.
totally different scam. NY is Union Based. Farese has always been a FL guy. He got in with the colomobos while doing prison time in FL in the the 70s or 80s for Cocaine trafficking and money laundering. He met a Colombo Capo in prison started laundering money for him. . He has zero ties to NY other then his Wife whom he met in FL...he is married to Allie Boy's(Carmines deceased brothers kid) Daughter Suzanne.
I think he is from Boston originally
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Does anyone speculate as to the restaurant?
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Philly d wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:46 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:36 am Huge. It looks like it might tie in to Thomas Fareses recent arrest
Why do you say that? Farese is a FL was a never a NY guy. He got busted in a FL fraud case. the NY case is centered around a NY Union Local.? They don't appear to be related at all. ?
I think that was the first speculation because when the news broke, all the articles just mentioned healthcare fraud in connection to a union benefit fund. Farese got busted in a healthcare fraud case too, so its fair to assume they were related. Obviously once more details started to trickle in, it became clear they were quite separate.
totally different scam. NY is Union Based. Farese has always been a FL guy. He got in with the colomobos while doing prison time in FL in the the 70s or 80s for Cocaine trafficking and money laundering. He met a Colombo Capo in prison started laundering money for him. . He has zero ties to NY other then his Wife whom he met in FL...he is married to Allie Boy's(Carmines deceased brothers kid) Daughter Suzanne.
Really? I've never heard that before. If he was from Boston I would have thought he would have known about DeLeo being a rat from years before.
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

He was born there. Spent majority of his life in FL.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Rocco wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:32 am
Got it. So he gets hooked up with a Colombo skipper in the joint and is coincidentely married to a Persico that he met in Florida? Or he met her after he was out of the can.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Philly d wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:32 pm
Got it. So he gets hooked up with a Colombo skipper in the joint and is coincidentely married to a Persico that he met in Florida? Or he met her after he was out of the can.
He probably never would of been connected if it wasn't through the marriage of Suzanne. I mean he may of expanded his criminal exploits and connections, but he's not mentioned as a Colombo member in his last arrest and in the mid 90s he was cited as a former capo. I think he has a loyalty to his wife and by extension the Persicos as a whole so it's more as if being voluntold then volunteered imo.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

read he was born in bostons north end wen to florida in the 70tys when drugs were everywhere down there. he hooked up with that capo john irish from the colombos then somehow ended up marrying allieboy sr daughter and became a colombo. hes done alot of time like 20yrs for all types of crime n florida. he must know alot of guys having all the clubs down there.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:35 pm
Pmac2 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:05 pm his mailing address is that trailer. they arrested him last time i read in his daughters house in brooklyn thats probaly really his probaly the same thing happend again.
Castellazo to me is the most obscure guy in all this. He's been around as long as anyone. I remember back in the mid 2000s he took a pinch and he got busted for trying to obtain a union card(don't know which local) for his son-Castellazzo Jr. But that's it,really.
Agreed. The city the Feds list him from is way south by Atlantic City.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Anyone heard from gohn … this is his expertise…
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:10 am Anyone heard from gohn … this is his expertise…
He posted a statement as to why he hasn't written anything lately in the colombo family charts forum a few days ago. Someone else asked him something similar.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Philly d wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:32 pm
He was sponsored by the FL based Colombo capo. Was really known as the guy who can launder money for the family in FL in the 80s(the cocaine cowboy days of S FL) Have know idea how he met his wife. Obviously after he was made into the Colombo's..Persico's have had homes in S Fl for a very longtime.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Thanks.