Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnyS
Full Patched

Re: Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Post by JohnnyS »

BeatiPaoli wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:19 am To Everyone: Did I misread one of the early articles on this bust regarding the Bonnano member and meetings he had with members of the Sicilian mafia? Wouldn't that be a significant point of interest? Or did I misunderstand something?

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
I've missed that. If you can find it please post. Thanks.
BeatiPaoli
Straightened out

Post by BeatiPaoli »

To JohnnyS: It is in the Daily Mail article referred to within the 4th post on page 1 of this thread by chin_gigante.

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I missed that too. I just went through the indictment and detention memo again and I don't see any mention of Sicilian members so who knows where dailymail got that from. Unless they're just being loose with the term and mean LCN which is a branch or whatever you want to call it off of the actual Sicilian Mafia.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Hope more comes out about the Sicilian connection.

Ragano is from the Asaro crew which has ties to the Sicilian faction and Vincent Asaro was surveilled in 2013 with Sergio Gucciardi at a Bonanno social club. Gucciardi is a Sicilian mafia figure from Sciacca with gambling machines in NYC, seems to be operating under the Bonanno family's authority. He has been observed by the FBI closely associating with various NYC Bonanno figures and his name came up again in the recent Castellammare bust that showed Bonanno->Sicily connections.
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

this local 621 laborers "union" was fraudulent, a non building trades associated local that you wont find on any jobsite. it was most likely set up so non union could avoid having their employees organized in by 79 or 66 for example. 631 is a laborer union thats good as well. this is what i was talking about in other threads as far as the unions go the mob is done. this is a rogue union that offers no benefits or protection nor a fare wage but collects dues and benefit $ from workers who never see it.
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

queensnyer wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:20 pm this local 621 laborers "union" was fraudulent, a non building trades associated local that you wont find on any jobsite. it was most likely set up so non union could avoid having their employees organized in by 79 or 66 for example. 631 is a laborer union thats good as well. this is what i was talking about in other threads as far as the unions go the mob is done. this is a rogue union that offers no benefits or protection nor a fare wage but collects dues and benefit $ from workers who never see it.

for instance local 79 has i beleive almost 7500 members.. this local probably has 30-100 at most
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Didn’t capeci say this union had a membership of 1179 and spread across Pennsylvania, Jersey and New York ? That ain’t adding up with your assessment

As for other unions I wouldn’t say the mob are gone from. If I remember local 20 was part of that hospital rip off with crea five yrs ago and that James Cahill guy with the Serbs and gambinos
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Does "the claw" really live in a trailer? Thats what I want to know
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

his mailing address is that trailer. they arrested him last time i read in his daughters house in brooklyn thats probaly really his probaly the same thing happend again.
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

Dave65827 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:35 pm Didn’t capeci say this union had a membership of 1179 and spread across Pennsylvania, Jersey and New York ? That ain’t adding up with your assessment

As for other unions I wouldn’t say the mob are gone from. If I remember local 20 was part of that hospital rip off with crea five yrs ago and that James Cahill guy with the Serbs and gambinos
its an "american workers" union , this means anything can be classified as a laborers position, if you sweep the floor in an office building you can get a card. so yeah 1179 across 3 states and about 100 actual construction laborers. its basically extorting non union workers by forcing dues with no representation and kick backs from bosses who are than covered from having their employees organize. and yeah trust me im an elected official in a major nyc building trades local. the mob is gone from controlling any real local in nyc. concrete (6a) (20) will always have some straggling mob interference but even that is a joke. in the 70s and 80s the mob ran construction in nyc. today you got guys extorting coffee boys its over
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I don’t get what your getting at that extorting coffee boys scheme goes back to the 80s when there was way more presence in the unions

I’m no mob fanboy but I’m pretty sure some real locals are still run by the mob even in this day in age.
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

Dave65827 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:31 pm I don’t get what your getting at that extorting coffee boys scheme goes back to the 80s when there was way more presence in the unions

I’m no mob fanboy but I’m pretty sure some real locals are still run by the mob even in this day in age.
. yes the coffee boy scheme was what low level guys did while the mob made money with the funds and taxing sites. today that low level bullshit is all they got. im not gonna argue i sit in with the heads of these real unions almost weekly so i know who is running what and today nyc construction is corporate.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Pennisi says he was introduced to Ralph DiMatteo as a member at Joseph Amato's father's funeral, and they (Pennisi and DiMatteo) were both recently inducted at that time. So that gives us a rough idea of when he was straightened out.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
richy67
Honorary Member

Post by richy67 »

What does this mean on street terms? Columbos still active and a force?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

richy67 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:03 pm What does this mean on street terms? Columbos still active and a force?
They're still active, I don't know that I'd call them a "force" though.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."