5 Family Crew Succession

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: 5 Family Crew Succession

Post by Wiseguy »

Where does the Pagano crew fit in within Genovese succession? I think EB recently said the crew took over some of Dom Cirillo's interests.
All roads lead to New York.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

bronx wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
Hailbritain wrote:In the gambino one , why no corrozo crew , thought that crew still functioned and was being run by James dellaratta
Corozzo originally came up under Fatico, but transfered to be under Caiazzo perhaps sometime around 1980. His captains were then Richichi, Gene Gotti and Peter Gotti. When exactly Corozzo was elevated to skipper is hard to know, but some say he was a member of the Gambino´s ruling panel in the mid 90s. I assume he was a skipper by then. So, by the looks of it, Corozzo broke off/was given an own crew to run in the early 1990s.
no hard nicky was made captain 87, 88
Let me add that when Nicky & Lenny got made they were put with Fat Andy.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

bronx wrote:robert lino was made captain around 93 i believe maybe earlier , toto mirabale was a captain until his death when ever that was.
Lino Sr or Lino Jr? Both of them were under Frank Lino who was the official skipper til he flipped in 2003. Mirabile was acting for Valvo, until he died in 1978 or 1979.
johnny_scootch wrote:
bronx wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
Hailbritain wrote:In the gambino one , why no corrozo crew , thought that crew still functioned and was being run by James dellaratta
Corozzo originally came up under Fatico, but transfered to be under Caiazzo perhaps sometime around 1980. His captains were then Richichi, Gene Gotti and Peter Gotti. When exactly Corozzo was elevated to skipper is hard to know, but some say he was a member of the Gambino´s ruling panel in the mid 90s. I assume he was a skipper by then. So, by the looks of it, Corozzo broke off/was given an own crew to run in the early 1990s.
Let me add that when Nicky & Lenny got made they were put with Fat Andy.
JD discovered that Fat Andy never was an official skipper. I think he referenced Fat Andy´s son´s testimony. All these guys (Corozzos, DiMaria, Ruggiano etc) were under Fatico in the 1970s.
There you have it, never printed before.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

"Mirabile was acting for Valvo, until he died in 1978 or 1979."

CORRECTION - Mirabile did not die in 1978 or 1979, but much later, in 1991.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

bronx wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
Pretty sure that even though Nicky was a rival Gotti personally bumped him to call because he was such a good earner for the family. This happened sometime between 1986-1987ish.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Nick Corozzo wasn't promoted until after Gravano flipped. I believe it was in 1992.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

H was made captain , 87, 88.for sure
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

According to Gravano he was a Soldier in the Lino-Richichi Crew and then in 1990 he was placed in Peter Gotti's Crew. He remained a Soldier up to the time Gravano flipped in late 1991.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

if gravano says that he is wrong
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Clearly we´ve got two different versions of when Corozzo was promoted. When Dellacroce was indicted in 1985, LE said that both Corozzo and Lenny DiMaria headed parts of the Gambino faction that was under him. Both of them were under Mike Caiazza at the time so my assumption is that they were both acting for him briefly before getting indicted. (Later same year Joe "Buddy" LaForte Jr functioned in same position but was demoted by Dellacroce and replaced by his father LaForte Sr.) There is no info of Corozzo being promoted to skipper in ´87/´88. Of course, I could be wrong but I have no other choise than to believe what Gravano said about it. I don´t doubt you Bronx, but it would be great if you could name your source/why you believe Corozzo was promoted in the late 1980s. That way, we could trace the origin of the source and possibly come to a correct conclusion. If you don´t want to name your source in the open, you can PM me if you like.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Gravano was the UnderBoss of the family. I think he would know who the Capos were.

Pogo
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

Pogo, sometimes info in books are incorrect, I can not name the source. I would never say for a fact if it was not so, if you follow my posts from past subjects I never guess. this is a fact. For sure sammy would know, no question.maybe he misremembered or was an over sight. I will try to find something from a trial that may help.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It wasn't from a book. It was from one of his debriefings from when he flipped. He was very specific about
Corozzo being with the Lino-Richichi Crew and then being put with Peter Gotti's Crew after the Richichi Crew was disbanded. 1987 was also the time Gotti was in prison and Gravano was running the family so I think he would remember promoting the guy.

Pogo
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

hello Pogo, gene was captain at that time not pete,i looked at sam's 302 on smoking gun, he does not have nicky as a captain as you stated , he also has gene acting for pete, other way around.also has frank loc as acting consig,also incorrect.yes it is strange why he would not remember or get it wrong.. this is what i know from the street way back not from any book. maybe it could be found in somebody's testimony. ill keep looking..
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pogo The Clown wrote:According to Gravano he was a Soldier in the Lino-Richichi Crew and then in 1990 he was placed in Peter Gotti's Crew. He remained a Soldier up to the time Gravano flipped in late 1991.

Correction it was actually Fat Sally Scala who was transferred from the Richichi-Lino Crew. Gravano IDed Corrozo as being in the Peter Gotti Crew at the time he flipped. According to DiLeonardo Corozzo was a Capo in the spring of 1992 so he would have been promoted in early 1992.

Pogo