5 Family Crew Succession

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: 5 Family Crew Succession

Post by B. »

Just a note that I read a report saying that John Ormento took over as captain for Ettore Coco when Coco began serving his prison sentence for murder. So Ormento took over the crew 1953 at the earliest and 1955 at the latest.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks B. So I'm guessing Paul “Paulie Hamm” Correale would have been Capo after Ormento went to pison in 1959?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Thanks B. So I'm guessing Paul “Paulie Hamm” Correale would have been Capo after Ormento went to pison in 1959?

Pogo
No idea on whether or not Correale took over for Ormento. Limey's site says Correale had been a member of the Joe Rosato crew and became a captain in the 1950s, but not sure where he got that.

One informant said that Lucchese was looking to take a step back and had plans to put Correale in charge of the family (acting? official? Not sure) but this fell through when Correale died in 1962. With Tramunti also being from this crew and taking on sort of an intermediary role for Lucchese a few years down the line, this was a very influential crew.
LcnBios
Straightened out

Post by LcnBios »

Last edited by LcnBios on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks guy's. So the early Lucchese East Harlem Crews look like this

East Harlem:
Ettore "Fast Eddie" Coco (19??-1953/5) Imprisoned.
Giovanni “Big John” Ormento (1953/5-1959) Imprisoned.

East Harlem:
Joseph “Joe Palisades” Rosato (19??-1950s) Died?
Paul “Paulie Hamm” Correale (1950s-1962) Died.
Carmine "Mr. Gribs" Tramunti (1962-1967) Became Boss.

So which one did Corallo take over? I'm assuming it was for Tramunti.

By the way I've updated the other succession lists. Again thanks to JD, B, HK and others who contributed. 8-)

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Thanks guy's. So the early Lucchese East Harlem Crews look like this

East Harlem:

East Harlem:

By the way I've updated the other succession lists. Again thanks to JD, B, HK and others who contributed. 8-)

Pogo
Just remembered that in that Lucchese stuff we were talking about in the other thread, the Vario crew informant said that they had to get Correale's permission to make him because he was from Correale's territory. I don't think it outright says Correale was a capo at the time, but I would say that's the implication. So I'd say he was a captain by 1958 but probably earlier.

edit: nevermind, another report clearly says Correale was a captain at this time in 1958.

Rosato didn't die until the early 1970s, so not sure if he was demoted/stepped down or Correale split off into his own crew.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Lucchese Family

Brooklyn-Vario Crew:
Salvatore “Don Turridu” LNU (19??-1960) Retired/Died.
Torrido Curiale
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Small tidbit on Vallario from Scarpa...mentions Big Lou was named Capo of the Gravano Crew two months after he was Made.
cammy_sanzone1
Associate

Post by cammy_sanzone1 »

Wasn't shorty spero a member of the colombos?what crew was he in?
"When you get the wrong guy in there,you've got to clip him.There's no pink slip in this thing."-Johnny Roselli-
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

cammy_sanzone1 wrote:Wasn't shorty spero a member of the colombos?what crew was he in?

He was a member of the Carmine Persico Crew.

Pogo
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Lagana´s DOD is a mystery.
I think this is the Lagana I mentioned in an earlier post:

Name: Dominick Lagana
State of Issue: New York
Date of Birth: Thursday January 01, 1903
Date of Death: March 1977
Est. Age at Death: 74 years, 2 months
Last known residence:
City: Miami Beach; Carl Fisher; Fisher Island; Miami; Venetian Islands
County: Miami-Dade
State: Florida

His DOB does not fit with the date given on a chart from the 1980s (10/07/02), but that chart is not entirely accurate. It could be that Frank D´Apolito was taken out of Zappi´s crew and given Lagana´s crew to run sometime around 1977 or just prior to that.
There you have it, never printed before.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

B. wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:Thanks guy's. So the early Lucchese East Harlem Crews look like this

East Harlem:

East Harlem:

Pogo
Just remembered that in that Lucchese stuff we were talking about in the other thread, the Vario crew informant said that they had to get Correale's permission to make him because he was from Correale's territory. I don't think it outright says Correale was a capo at the time, but I would say that's the implication. So I'd say he was a captain by 1958 but probably earlier.

edit: nevermind, another report clearly says Correale was a captain at this time in 1958.

Rosato didn't die until the early 1970s, so not sure if he was demoted/stepped down or Correale split off into his own crew.
That was a good question, what crew did Corallo inherit and at what time? Could it be that he was considered for the top spot as only a soldier?
dimaggio
Associate

Post by dimaggio »

With regard to the Lucchese hierarchy and Tony Corallo specifically, the chart has him listed as capo of the east Harlem crew from 67 til 72 when he became boss. Is this correct as he was in prison for most of this period, July 68 til late 70.
I've also seen several references to him being made a captain at different times, one as early as 1943, which would have made him 30 years old at the time...not inconceivable for that period.
And also considering he originally was under Gaetano Lucchese through the 30s and the power he held in the unions by the 40s and 50s I figured he would have been made a captain long before the listed 67.
Not a Lucchese family expert...just asking?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

"Conti-Cefalu Crew:
Pasquale “Patsy” Conti (1960-1990s) Imprisoned/Stepped Down.
Domenico "Italian Dom" Cefalu (1990s-2011) Became Boss.
-Also served as Acting UnderBoss.
-Dominick “Big D” Cefalu (2005-2011) Became Official Capo.
Dominick “Big D” Cefalu (2011-Present)"

Paul Graziano acted for Conte according to Gravano. I think it was from 1987 (when Conte was indicted on attempted murder and drug charges) to around 1989.

Here´s pure guessing from my part, but it´s possible that Conte´s father Nino was the first known leader of this crew.
There you have it, never printed before.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah Graziano was acting up until the early 90s. Do you Paul Graziano was the same guy as the Francisco Graziano that was indicted with Conti in 1993? It is confusing because I think Francesco's middle name was Paul.

Pogo