5 Family Crew Succession

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: 5 Family Crew Succession

Post by gohnjotti »

Does anyone have any idea on the lineage of Greg Scarpa's crew? Gioeli took it over, right?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:18 pm Does anyone have any idea on the lineage of Greg Scarpa's crew? Gioeli took it over, right?
Scarpa Sr. was captain for only a short time at the end of Joe Profaci's reign. Not sure if he was briefly a captain when Magliocco first became acting boss, but Scarpa was soon demoted and assigned to captain Ambrose Magliocco during that period. Not sure who was in Scarpa's crew but it was probably disbanded and re-assigned, like many Colombo crews.

Scarpa Jr. was acting captain for Scarpati in the mid-1980s when Scarpati was acting boss then jailed, then Anthony "Chucky" Russo took over as acting captain of that crew when Scarpa Jr. faced his own legal issues.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:18 pm Gioeli took it over, right?

Gioeli was with the JoJo Russo Crew in the early 90s so he probably took over a portion of this crew. Then again this crew was badly hit by the war and its indictments and with all of the reshuffling around and reorganization during the mid 90s there may ot have been a direct succession.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Thanks for the responses, guys.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

ive always wondered what the crew succession was that lead to Alphonse Trucchio's (mostly Queens) Gambino crew?

AFAIK he took the crew over from his father, but who did his father take over for? JoJo Corrozo? Is it fair to say Alphonse's crew can eventually be traced back to the Ruggiano crew that (i could be wrong on this) both his father, and the Corrozo Bros, came up under?

Also, Louis Mastrangelo's crew ...some of those guys overlapped, worked with, and/or were once a part of Al Trucchio's crew. Was this all at one point the Joe Corrozo crew and it got split up amongst Trucchio and Mastrangelo?

I've always wondered how those crews came about, especially the point back in the succession where Ronnie Trucchio became captain.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:05 am ive always wondered what the crew succession was that lead to Alphonse Trucchio's (mostly Queens) Gambino crew?

AFAIK he took the crew over from his father, but who did his father take over for? JoJo Corrozo? Is it fair to say Alphonse's crew can eventually be traced back to the Ruggiano crew that (i could be wrong on this) both his father, and the Corrozo Bros, came up under?

Also, Louis Mastrangelo's crew ...some of those guys overlapped, worked with, and/or were once a part of Al Trucchio's crew. Was this all at one point the Joe Corrozo crew and it got split up amongst Trucchio and Mastrangelo?

I've always wondered how those crews came about, especially the point back in the succession where Ronnie Trucchio became captain.
Trucchio´s crew is probably a very small portion of the old Fatico/Gotti crew. So it went from John Gotti to Ruggiero to Eugene Gotti to Peter Gotti to Sal Scala to Ronnie Trucchio to Alphonse Trucchio. After it had been split and its soldiers and associates assaigned to other captains, Ronnie Trucchio ended up with a very small crew. Read that his son, at about that time, drove around Ozone Park, Queens and activly was trying to recruit new members.

Nick and JoJo´s crew is one and the same. Lenny DiMaria was the leader while Nick was on panel and later when he was in jail, JoJo was the leader when Lenny was in jail, JoJo probably made the climb from being acting captain to consigliere. The Corozzos and the Gottis had once been in same crew but the Corozzos, Andy Ruggiano, Lenny DiMaria and possibly others were assaigned to Mike Caiazza in the early 1980s.

Not sure about Mastrangelo. But as a Gambino associate, he functioned as JoJo (or Nick) Corozzo´s driver.
There you have it, never printed before.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 am
newera_212 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:05 am ive always wondered what the crew succession was that lead to Alphonse Trucchio's (mostly Queens) Gambino crew?

Trucchio´s crew is probably a very small portion of the old Fatico/Gotti crew. So it went from John Gotti to Ruggiero to Eugene Gotti to Peter Gotti to Sal Scala to Ronnie Trucchio to Alphonse Trucchio. After it had been split and its soldiers and associates assaigned to other captains, Ronnie Trucchio ended up with a very small crew. Read that his son, at about that time, drove around Ozone Park, Queens and activly was trying to recruit new members.

Nick and JoJo´s crew is one and the same. Lenny DiMaria was the leader while Nick was on panel and later when he was in jail, JoJo was the leader when Lenny was in jail, JoJo probably made the climb from being acting captain to consigliere. The Corozzos and the Gottis had once been in same crew but the Corozzos, Andy Ruggiano, Lenny DiMaria and possibly others were assaigned to Mike Caiazza in the early 1980s.

Not sure about Mastrangelo. But as a Gambino associate, he functioned as JoJo (or Nick) Corozzo´s driver.
It seems Alphonse Trucchio was successful in his recruiting efforts...

From 2005 until his arrest in 2011, he assembled and led the Gambino Family’s largest, youngest, and most active crew. At least 14 other defendants who have been convicted in this case were either Soldiers or associates in TRUCCHIO’s crew.
https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/ny ... ncing.html
All roads lead to New York.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 am

awesome info, thank you!
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon May 25, 2015 6:25 pm Genovese Family

Terranova-Coppola-Lombardo-Bellomo Crew:
Ciro “The Artichoke King” Terranova (1920s-1932) Demoted.
Michael “Trigger Mike” Coppola (1932-1966) Died.
-Benjamin “Benny the Bum” DeMartino (1960s)
-Philip “Benny Squint” Lombardo (1960s-1967/8) Became Official Capo.
Philip “Benny Squint” Lombardo (1966- 1975) Stepped Down.
?Giuseppe "Pepe" Sabato (Late 1970s) <~ The 'way i have it' :roll: he led a crew in Jersey City. This is the crew Jimmy Nap takes over upon receiving his button that included Manna, Dentico, Casella, Rudy Prisco, etc. If a government report says Pepe was captain or acting of 116 then go with it. Perception doesn't count. I'm just saying for what it *could* be worth.
-Anthony “Buckaloo" Ferro (1975-1977) Stepped Down.
Joseph “Joe Stretch" Stracci (1977-19??) <~Wow! Really? Never heard this one before. Interesting. Captain so late in the game.
Ralph “Farby” Serpico (19??-19??)
Saverio “Sammy” Santora (19??-1986) Became UnderBoss.
Sandwiched in between Sammy Black and Barney was Vincent DiNapoli as the "acting." I actually have a U.S. source. It was... the newspapers.
Liborio “Barney” Bellomo (1986-201?) Became Acting Boss/Imprisoned/Became Official Boss.
-Ralph Coppola (1990-1998) Killed.
-Frank “Farby” Serpico (1998-2001) Imprisoned.
-Also served as Acting Boss.
-Ernest Muscarella (1998-2002) Imprisoned.
-Louis Moscatiello (2002-2003) Imprisoned.
Danny Leo, no? In between Louie Mosca and Nigro?
-Arthur "Artie" Nigro (2003-2007) Imprisoned.
Pasquale “Patty Boy” Falcetti (20??-Present)
Carillo-Ianniello Crew: Broke off from the Miranda Crew
Antonio “Tony” Carillo (1958-1974) Died.
Matthew "Matty the Horse" Ianniello (1974-2012?) Died.
-James “The Little Guy” Ida (Late 1980s-1990) Became Consiglieri.
-Joseph “Joey” Ida (1990-1996) Imprisoned.
-In 1996/7 Ciro Perrone became a Capo over a portion of this Crew.
Conrad Ianniello (2012?-Present)
-Sometime in the early 2010s the Springfield Crew was merged with this Crew.
-Eugene “Rooster” O’Nofrio (2014-2016) Imprisoned.
Isn't Onofrio a Connecticut guy? With his own crew? I thought he would have been just "acting" for Ianniello while he was inside for the San Gennaro scam. I had ass/u/me/d Ianniello replaced someone else. Not Matty the Horse's crew. You know, the late Black Alex. One of the downtown crews. I'm not sure. I don't think it was Massera's [8st].

Did Ianniello's crew necessarily "merge" with Springfield? I think it's the same arrangement with Nigro a decade ago. Whosever steps up in Springfield reports to a NY captain or acting. Again, I'm just guesstimating here.

Perrone Crew: Broke off from the Ianniello Crew.
Ciro Perrone (Late 1990s/Early 2000s-2011) Imprisoned/Died.
-Not sure what became of this Crew. It is possible that Conrad Ianniello took over this Crew.
Doto-Alo Crew:
Joseph "Joe Adonis" Doto (1928-1955) Deported.
Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo (1955-1970s)
-Gerard Laietta (1960s)
John Buonorado (1970s)
-In the (Late 70s/early 80s) this Crew was split between Alo, Lawrence “Larry Black” Centore, Gaetano "Mimi" Martino and possibly others.
Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo (1970s- Late 1980s) Retired.
Guiseppe "Joe" Spinelli (Late 1980s-????)
-Not sure what became of this Crew.
If I may, there's another breakdown that makes more sense for me. The concept or idea that Joey A and Jimmy Alo were two separate crews. Not one inherited by another. Or one being a spin-off or split of another. Alo comes out of Pellegrino's crew. He's dealing with Lansky and all that money over there. Pellegrino steps down and Vincent Angellina emerges. When Joey A is shipped off to the boot Alo emerges in the papers as a captain or as the "new" Joey A. But Nick Rattenni is who stands up after Angellina sits down. I 'heard' it was more of an 'acting' bit [Cockeyed Nick for Angellina]. Giuseppe Schipanni is what some media BACK IN THE DAY were extolling who had been overseeing Joey A's interests. I don't know if that makes him an "acting" guy or an "overseeing Joey A's interests and nothing more beyond that" guy. Like Fat Tony with Trigger Mike. Point is I can't see Alo succeeding Joey A. because then where does Joe Schipp fit into the picture? This guy Joe was still 'there' when Tommy Eboli was shot and killed by [who knows?] I think Alo is where you start as 'day one' as far as an Alo crew went. Joey A, in m mind, fits into the Little Augie Pisano/Brooklyn succession thing. That's just my opinion guys.
Centore-Parello Crew: Broke off from the Doto-Alo Crew.
Lawrence “Larry Black” Centore (Late 1970s/Early 1980s-1992) Died.
Pasquale "Patsy" Parello (1992-Present) Imprisoned.
I 'thought' the owner of Patsy Rigoletto's was originally from the Santobello crew [Bronx]. But okay. This makes sense too.

Yale-Carfano Crew:
Fracisco "Frankie Yale" Uale (1920-1928) Killed.
Anthony "Little Augie Pisano" Carfano (1928-1957) Killed.
James "Jimmy" Angellino (1957-1970s)
-Matteo “Matty Brown” Fortunato (1960s-1970s) Became Official Capo.
-Albert “Chicky” Facciano (1970s-1979) Imprisoned.
Matteo “Matty Brown” Fortunato (1970s-1980s) Died.
-Not sure what became of this Crew.
Like i mentioned there up there up top I had it as Angellino taking over for Rocco, followed by Nick Ratenni.
Joey A takes over for Little Augie in the 40s? Early on.

Never knew that old coot 'Chicky' was ever a captain. In the 1970s even! Jesus...

Pelligrino Crew:
Rocco “The Old Man” Pellegrino (1920s-1960s) Died.
-Rosario “Saro” Mogavero (1960s) Became Official Capo.
Rosario “Saro” Mogavero (1960s-Early 1970s) Died.
Joseph “Joe Back” Lapi (Early 1970s-19??)
George “Flip” Filippone (19??-1980s)
-Louis “Healthy” Gaccione (1970s-1980s) Became Official Capo.
Louis “Healthy” Gaccione (1980s-Late 1980s) Retired.
-Rosario “Ross” Gangi (1980s) Became Official Capo/Imprisoned.
Rosario “Ross” Gangi (Late 1980s-20??) Imprisoned.
-Peter “Petey Red” DiChiara (1998-2001) Imprisoned.
-Salvatore “Sammy Meatballs” Aparo (1998-2001) Imprisoned.
Peter “Petey Red” DiChiara (20??-Present)
I had it (because I can't prove it but am just throwing it out there as a potential angle for anyone interested in looking 'that way') as Saro and Lou splitting into two separate crews from the Mike Lascari regime. Contaldo takes over for Saro, who was followed by Allie Shades. Carmine Fish was under Tommy Contaldo and Lanza before was under Mike. That's just a scenario guys. To 'consider'. Nothing cement-like, you know?

I honestly have zero opinion as to Lapi or George Filippone except to say that Filippone was pretty goddamned old in the 1980s. The rest (Gaccione-Gangi-Aparo) looks right on. Wasn't aware DiChiara was part of that succession. Good info.

Moretti-Catena-Boiardo Crew:
Quarico "Willie Moore" Moretti (Mid 1930s-1951) Killed.
-John “Padre/Duke” DeNoia (Late 1940s-Early 1950s)
Gerardo "Jerry" Catena (1951-1957) Became UnderBoss.
Ruggiero "Richie the Boot" Bioardo (1957-1984) Died.
-In the 60s the Crew was split between Bioardo, Angelo "Gyp" DeCarlo and Eugene “Gene” Catena.
-Anthony “Tony Boy” Boiardo (1960s-1978) Died.
-Andrew “Andy Gerard” Gerardo (1978-1984) Became Official Capo
Andrew “Andy Gerard” Gerardo (1984-1990s) Stepped Down.
-Thomas “Pee Wee” DePhillips (1987-1990s) Became Official Capo.
Thomas “Pee Wee” DePhillips (1990s) Stepped Down.
Andrew “Andy Gerard” Gerardo (1990s-2000s) Retired.
-Silvio DeVita (1990s-2000s) Became Official Capo.
Silvio DeVita (2000s-Present)
Once more this is just my opinion as to what makes sense to me. I don't believe Johnny Duke was an acting or replacement for Willie Moore. Duke passed away before Willie Moretti was killed. Then again, I don't know. If a report or a book has "Duke" acting FOR Willie Moore in the late 1940s. That would make more sense for me. And maybe that's how you meant it. I'm just assuming the name the follows another is the successor. Please correct me if that isn't always the case.

So, again, going from a 'perception' angle, I always believe that after Willie Moore was murdered his thing fell to Joey A's crew. Jerry Catena was distinct and led his own regime. Same with Ruggiero Boiardo. Three separate crews. Not one. Or at least that's how i'm interpreting the chart.

So it goes (or i assumed) Joey A to Joseph Schipanni. Jerry Catena to Gene Catena. Gene does the dirt nap. Pete La Tempa is put in control and its from this crew that you get guys like Tino and Lou Gatto during the disco era.

Boiardo has his kid as the acting and leads to Andy. (Although I seem to recollect another name briefly in between Tony Boy and Andy gerard. It doesn't come to me).

Is Silvio DeVita still mentioned by the feds as being a capo in Jersey? I figured he'd have retired by now.

E. Catena-Gatto Crew: Broke off from the Moretti-Catena-Boiardo Crew
Eugene “Gene” Catena (1960s-1967) Died.
Peter LaPlaca (1967-1979) Died.
-Tino “The Greek” Fiumara ((Late 1970s-1979) Imprisoned.
Louis “Lou Red” Gatto (1979-2002) Died.
-In the 1990s Tino “The Greek” Fiumara took over a portion of this Crew.
Joseph “Streaky” Gatto (2002-2010) Died.
There you go! Sorry guys. I should have read the entire post before adding my two cents on the Catena succession. Didn't mean to be redumbdant. Thanks.

JIGGS
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Jiggs, you seem to have an extraordinary knowledge. Are or have you ever been a member of other forums? Would we know you by any other name?

I’m certainly curious as to you sources or knowledge base.

Best
Sonny
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:53 pm Jiggs, you seem to have an extraordinary knowledge. Are or have you ever been a member of other forums? Would we know you by any other name?

Best
Sonny
I'm a new guy here. My name is JIGGS. About 10 years ago or so, I was part of the Real Deal Forum. My memory is kinda fuzzy but I seem to recall there being an exodus. I do recall the White Patriot (l.o.l.) getting kicked out, among some other guys. I thought it was a temporary thing because that shit used to happen ALL THE TIME. Guys getting 'suspended.' I mean give me a break. No one was getting paid. I had my first stroke in 2010 and when I got back online the exodus had taken place. I was stuck with Dan of all people, who fancied Chinese take out. I got a PM in my PM mailbox from a kid whose name I can't recall but he had a fetish for jumper cables. He gave me this link to a site he told me all of the guys and that one woman "Tagliafacci" had gone over to and started a new forum. I don't know why I didn't sign up asap but I kind of just bowed out from the whole online mob talk. Another stroke in '12. An operation. Dealing with all that heavy bullshit. Six years later I'm slimmed down to below 200lbs for the first time in my ENTIRE life. And I'm eating fuckin' greens. That's what the world has come to now. Anyway I did a google search on somebody that led me to Capeci's pay site and it reminded me of the old Real Deal. I was trying to remember what the name was that the kid told me everyone had ventured to but couldn't. Did another search and wound up seeing if I recognized anyone from the Gangster bB newsgroup and couldn't see the guys I remembered. I surfed into this portal and found Pogo (aka The White Avenger), and some other familiar name i recall from the Real Deal and said "This is it."

I'm no expert guy. Thanks for the extraordinary compliment but I'm just a guy who grew up in East Harlem when there was still a community whose surnames ended in a vowel. My generation back then was doing the same thing your generation is doing now, only we were doing it on a stoop, face to face. I'm not 'connected' and stand by being a square citizen. So when the consensus now is that Pepe Sabato comes out of 116 crew, back in my era the consensus was that he was Brooklyn, then Jersey. Manna was linked back to pepe. Or least that's what i thought. As far as the whole succession thing. It made sense back then. But more info has come out as the years go by. All that "Talk" is effectively meaningless now. I'm seeing names i never heard of that you guys have identified. So kudos to you all for getting deeper into this shit. Or my condolences, ha!

As far as knowledge base, there's not much going on up there. But i can tell you definitively there is nothing happening in Harlem that's west side related. Last I checked you still have little bodegas that offer a daily [the numbers] and some black guy comes around and picks up that days play and ferries it back to god knows who. West Side? Maybe? Maybe not. Or it could go to Jimmy "JJ" Walker. Other than that it's over. The East Harlem/Bronx crew is more UP NORTH of Manhattan. WAY North. But that's nothing 'new'.

Good chat Santino!.... JIGGS
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Cheers Jiggs.
Appreciate the in depth response.

Here’s hoping to your future good health with your only future strokes ones of the keyboard nature here.

Welcome aboard.
Best
Sonny.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

JIGGS wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:35 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:53 pm Jiggs, you seem to have an extraordinary knowledge. Are or have you ever been a member of other forums? Would we know you by any other name?

Best
Sonny
I'm a new guy here. My name is JIGGS. About 10 years ago or so, I was part of the Real Deal Forum. My memory is kinda fuzzy but I seem to recall there being an exodus. I do recall the White Patriot (l.o.l.) getting kicked out, among some other guys. I thought it was a temporary thing because that shit used to happen ALL THE TIME. Guys getting 'suspended.' I mean give me a break. No one was getting paid. I had my first stroke in 2010 and when I got back online the exodus had taken place. I was stuck with Dan of all people, who fancied Chinese take out. I got a PM in my PM mailbox from a kid whose name I can't recall but he had a fetish for jumper cables. He gave me this link to a site he told me all of the guys and that one woman "Tagliafacci" had gone over to and started a new forum. I don't know why I didn't sign up asap but I kind of just bowed out from the whole online mob talk. Another stroke in '12. An operation. Dealing with all that heavy bullshit. Six years later I'm slimmed down to below 200lbs for the first time in my ENTIRE life. And I'm eating fuckin' greens. That's what the world has come to now. Anyway I did a google search on somebody that led me to Capeci's pay site and it reminded me of the old Real Deal. I was trying to remember what the name was that the kid told me everyone had ventured to but couldn't. Did another search and wound up seeing if I recognized anyone from the Gangster bB newsgroup and couldn't see the guys I remembered. I surfed into this portal and found Pogo (aka The White Avenger), and some other familiar name i recall from the Real Deal and said "This is it."

I'm no expert guy. Thanks for the extraordinary compliment but I'm just a guy who grew up in East Harlem when there was still a community whose surnames ended in a vowel. My generation back then was doing the same thing your generation is doing now, only we were doing it on a stoop, face to face. I'm not 'connected' and stand by being a square citizen. So when the consensus now is that Pepe Sabato comes out of 116 crew, back in my era the consensus was that he was Brooklyn, then Jersey. Manna was linked back to pepe. Or least that's what i thought. As far as the whole succession thing. It made sense back then. But more info has come out as the years go by. All that "Talk" is effectively meaningless now. I'm seeing names i never heard of that you guys have identified. So kudos to you all for getting deeper into this shit. Or my condolences, ha!

As far as knowledge base, there's not much going on up there. But i can tell you definitively there is nothing happening in Harlem that's west side related. Last I checked you still have little bodegas that offer a daily [the numbers] and some black guy comes around and picks up that days play and ferries it back to god knows who. West Side? Maybe? Maybe not. Or it could go to Jimmy "JJ" Walker. Other than that it's over. The East Harlem/Bronx crew is more UP NORTH of Manhattan. WAY North. But that's nothing 'new'.

Hey Jiggs!

I remember you from the days of the old RD. Welcome and it's good hearing from you again. Hope all is well!

-Chaps
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

Chaps wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:21 am

Best
Sonny

Hey Jiggs!

I remember you from the days of the old RD. Welcome and it's good hearing from you again. Hope all is well!

-Chaps
Thanks Chaps! (Apologies for derailing thread.)

JIGGS
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

JIGGS wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:08 am
Chaps wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:21 am

Best
Sonny

Hey Jiggs!

-Chaps
Thanks Chaps! (Apologies for derailing thread.)

JIGGS
when you say way up north Manhattan.... are u talking like Washington heights? im very suprised about that. when I moved 5 years ago there was nothing but PR there. actually, lotta Dominicans.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.