5 Family Crew Succession

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: 5 Family Crew Succession

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Mason76 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:24 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:54 pm
Mason76 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:16 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:51 am
Mason76 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:54 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:58 am
Mason76 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:42 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:12 am Ray is living in Bay Ridge he wakes up everyday goes to his construction job and busts his ass which I’ve never known him to do. So for now it looks like he’s trying to build his life back (when he got out after this last bid his wife divorced him) and keep a low profile. He’s def back in the mix tho as an active guy but I think you’re all off saying he becomes a captain. Soldier for life imo
time will tell
Ray could be made capo he was well respected by the Brooklyn guys, especially the old Vario guys left. They would probably give Ray a good acting capo to help him out. Most capos have acting capos who run most of the crew.

Zappola took over the Jersey crew .... Zappola didn't know any of Jersey guys but is using a strong acting capo Joe R. Perna who is actually running the crew. Zappola is sitting back collecting a big tribute from the crew as the capo and staying low key. Best decision he made staying away from the acting boss position. Zappola is making more money running the Jersey crew then the Brooklyn crew.
Zappola is very smart.Besides from just being comfortable in Jersey, it’s likely that he also thought about how the Acting Boss position would put a target on this back.Amuso has had 6 Acting Bosses.2 of them flipped,D’Arco and DeFede.3 are now serving life sentences.Crea,Daidone and Madonna.Now here is Michael DeSantis.Jerry Capeci has said that the Manhattan US Attorneys office is building a “blockbuster” racketeering case against DeSantis and the Underboss Dellorusso.If DeSantis is indicted then Zappola could step up or even Frank “Frankie Bones” Papagni.If the Brooklyn Faction wants to keep the administration positions then Zappola or Papagni have to step up if DeSantis is indicted.
Yes, correct the acting boss position puts a target on you. I don't see Zappola wanting to spend the rest of his life in prison when he could stay in New Jersey getting rich in the background. I don't see “Frankie Bones” Papagni getting the top spot of acting boss or official boss (Amuso is old). The Lucchese will probably pick someone else. The way to survive in the mafia is acting like the west side Barney is always hidden.

If Zappola takes the acting boss position he will most likely use a front guy or "street boss". The Brooklyn guys might decide on giving it back to the Bronx guys and staying low key. It depends on what and who gets taken down in the upcoming DeSantis-Dellorusso indictment.... Frankie Bones Papagni could get busted with and get some real time. DeSantis guys are the Brooklyn guys so most likely Papagni is a target too.
Nowadays, a boss in that life must always be hidden like Barney if they want to maintain their position as a boss.DeSantis is not like Barney and the testimony from just one made member such as John Pennisi will have a huge impact on him if he’s indicted.If I remember correctly Papagni tried to get Joseph “Little Joey” DiBenedetto who is Amuso’s son in law, to visit him and send him a message about Papagni becoming the boss.It’s possible that Papagni could step up.
I don’t think that the Brooklyn guys will give the leadership back to the Bronx because DeSantis sent a message to Vic which said “There are guys out here loyal to you who want to bring the family back to Brooklyn” I wonder how active Anthony “Bowat” Baratta is.He’s a candidate to be the boss but I don’t think it will happen.Pennisi did confirm that DeSantis took Bowat of the shelf
I don't see the Bronx supporting Papagni as boss they might give him underboss or leave him at the capo position. But I think Papagni will get pulled into the indictment along with DeSantis and Dellorusso.

The Brooklyn guys won't have much power if DeSantis, Dellorusso and possibly Papagni all get locked up. I see the Bronx taking back the power with maybe Andrew DiSimone stepping up or longtime Bronx capo Anthony "Blue Eyes" Santorelli.

Anthony "Bowat" Baratta I believe is in his 80s, with his old Harlem crew being broken down and spilt up. DeSantis put Bowat back in to watch over the Bronx guys and maybe made him a capo again. But Bowat won't make it to boss, DeSantis could take consigliere position away from DiSimone and give it to Bowat.

Wondering who did DeSantis put in to replace Dom Truscello to run the Prince Street crew?

According to Pennisi website and YouTube the Lucchese family is working with Philly family this might become a bigger indictment. Pennisi said that the Lucchese's Jersey faction and the Perna's knew the guys from Philly having sit-downs with Joey Merlino. Possibly George Zappola is working with Merlino and will get pulled into the indictment.
The Bronx don’t necessarily support DeSantis but it’s what Vic Amuso wants and he’s still the boss.Papagni could do it in my opinion, if Vic makes him the Acting Boss then I think the Bronx will go along with it.Pennisi has said that he’s not sure what Baratta is up to.Baratta definitely deserves to be a Capo.He was the Acting Underboss of the family when Vic and Gas became fugitives.I have the feeling that he’s not to active because Pennisi was around DeSantis and Dellorusso so surely he would have seen him on more than just one occasion or just heard his name more often.Pennisi only met him once and it was at Rao’s in East Harlem which is no surprise because Bowat loves that place.
No idea who’s running the Prince Street Crew but I remember Pennisi saying that Truscello told him that at one point he had more than 30 guys in his crew.Dom also would pay the Christmas tribute for his crew out of his own pocket.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Papagni’s name in the indictment with DeSantis and Dellorusso but I also think that Danny Campo and John “Butch” Arpino will be indicted to.Another candidate to step up to the Acting Boss position is Ray Argentina though I just don’t see Argentina or Baratta as the Acting Boss of the Lucchese Family.I don’t think it will happen
True the Bronx guys do respect Amuso's orders, but it seems that the Brooklyn guys are going against Amuso's orders now. According to Pennisi the Brooklyn guys DeSantis, Dellorusso and others (which could include Papagni and Zappola) are working with the Philly boss Joe Merlino which is a big disrespect to Amuso.

I agree it's possible that Danny Campo, Butch Arpino get pulled into the indictment. But I don't see Argentina or Baratta getting close to any positions in the Administration. When the indictment is released, it will take down a lot of Brooklyn guys and a few capos. The government has been building this case for a while already it will be big. The last indictment for the Lucchese family in 2017 took out the entire admin and three capos. Last year's indictment against the Colombo's hit the entire admin and three capos also. The government is building strong cases with Rico.
The Brooklyn guys are loyal to Vic and the only reason why Michael DeSantis is the Acting Boss is because Vic approved the takeover.I’m sure Amuso is aware about Merlino meeting with the Lucchese administration.Scarfo has passed away and his son is serving around 30 years in prison.All of the families recognise Merlino and Merlino himself is running Philly.At this point, maybe Vic doesn’t care if they meet him or not.Frank Lastorino is the on the shelf because Vic put him there but Frankie is close to DeSantis.Pennisi says that he believes that if Vic passes away, the Lucchese’s would take Frankie of the shelf and put him in the administration.They can’t do that now because Amuso is the boss.If Brooklyn went against Vic then they definitely would pull Lastorino back in.
They’ve been building this case since 2018 and John Pennisi is expected to testify.I wonder how DeSantis and Dellorusso feel, knowing that at any second they could be pinched.DeSantis has already served 18 years in prison, released in 2010.Patty has served about 10 years and came home in 2004.If they go back in again, it will be for life
Mason76
Straightened out

Post by Mason76 »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:35 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:12 am Ray is living in Bay Ridge he wakes up everyday goes to his construction job and busts his ass which I’ve never known him to do. So for now it looks like he’s trying to build his life back (when he got out after this last bid his wife divorced him) and keep a low profile. He’s def back in the mix tho as an active guy but I think you’re all off saying he becomes a captain. Soldier for life imo
time will tell
Ray could be made capo he was well respected by the Brooklyn guys, especially the old Vario guys left. They would probably give Ray a good acting capo to help him out. Most capos have acting capos who run most of the crew.

Zappola took over the Jersey crew .... Zappola didn't know any of Jersey guys but is using a strong acting capo Joe R. Perna who is actually running the crew. Zappola is sitting back collecting a big tribute from the crew as the capo and staying low key. Best decision he made staying away from the acting boss position. Zappola is making more money running the Jersey crew then the Brooklyn crew.
Zappola is very smart.Besides from just being comfortable in Jersey, it’s likely that he also thought about how the Acting Boss position would put a target on this back.Amuso has had 6 Acting Bosses.2 of them flipped,D’Arco and DeFede.3 are now serving life sentences.Crea,Daidone and Madonna.Now here is Michael DeSantis.Jerry Capeci has said that the Manhattan US Attorneys office is building a “blockbuster” racketeering case against DeSantis and the Underboss Dellorusso.If DeSantis is indicted then Zappola could step up or even Frank “Frankie Bones” Papagni.If the Brooklyn Faction wants to keep the administration positions then Zappola or Papagni have to step up if DeSantis is indicted.
Yes, correct the acting boss position puts a target on you. I don't see Zappola wanting to spend the rest of his life in prison when he could stay in New Jersey getting rich in the background. I don't see “Frankie Bones” Papagni getting the top spot of acting boss or official boss (Amuso is old). The Lucchese will probably pick someone else. The way to survive in the mafia is acting like the west side Barney is always hidden.

If Zappola takes the acting boss position he will most likely use a front guy or "street boss". The Brooklyn guys might decide on giving it back to the Bronx guys and staying low key. It depends on what and who gets taken down in the upcoming DeSantis-Dellorusso indictment.... Frankie Bones Papagni could get busted with and get some real time. DeSantis guys are the Brooklyn guys so most likely Papagni is a target too.
Nowadays, a boss in that life must always be hidden like Barney if they want to maintain their position as a boss.DeSantis is not like Barney and the testimony from just one made member such as John Pennisi will have a huge impact on him if he’s indicted.If I remember correctly Papagni tried to get Joseph “Little Joey” DiBenedetto who is Amuso’s son in law, to visit him and send him a message about Papagni becoming the boss.It’s possible that Papagni could step up.
I don’t think that the Brooklyn guys will give the leadership back to the Bronx because DeSantis sent a message to Vic which said “There are guys out here loyal to you who want to bring the family back to Brooklyn” I wonder how active Anthony “Bowat” Baratta is.He’s a candidate to be the boss but I don’t think it will happen.Pennisi did confirm that DeSantis took Bowat of the shelf
I don't see the Bronx supporting Papagni as boss they might give him underboss or leave him at the capo position. But I think Papagni will get pulled into the indictment along with DeSantis and Dellorusso.

The Brooklyn guys won't have much power if DeSantis, Dellorusso and possibly Papagni all get locked up. I see the Bronx taking back the power with maybe Andrew DiSimone stepping up or longtime Bronx capo Anthony "Blue Eyes" Santorelli.

Anthony "Bowat" Baratta I believe is in his 80s, with his old Harlem crew being broken down and spilt up. DeSantis put Bowat back in to watch over the Bronx guys and maybe made him a capo again. But Bowat won't make it to boss, DeSantis could take consigliere position away from DiSimone and give it to Bowat.

Wondering who did DeSantis put in to replace Dom Truscello to run the Prince Street crew?

According to Pennisi website and YouTube the Lucchese family is working with Philly family this might become a bigger indictment. Pennisi said that the Lucchese's Jersey faction and the Perna's knew the guys from Philly having sit-downs with Joey Merlino. Possibly George Zappola is working with Merlino and will get pulled into the indictment.
The Bronx don’t necessarily support DeSantis but it’s what Vic Amuso wants and he’s still the boss.Papagni could do it in my opinion, if Vic makes him the Acting Boss then I think the Bronx will go along with it.Pennisi has said that he’s not sure what Baratta is up to.Baratta definitely deserves to be a Capo.He was the Acting Underboss of the family when Vic and Gas became fugitives.I have the feeling that he’s not to active because Pennisi was around DeSantis and Dellorusso so surely he would have seen him on more than just one occasion or just heard his name more often.Pennisi only met him once and it was at Rao’s in East Harlem which is no surprise because Bowat loves that place.
No idea who’s running the Prince Street Crew but I remember Pennisi saying that Truscello told him that at one point he had more than 30 guys in his crew.Dom also would pay the Christmas tribute for his crew out of his own pocket.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Papagni’s name in the indictment with DeSantis and Dellorusso but I also think that Danny Campo and John “Butch” Arpino will be indicted to.Another candidate to step up to the Acting Boss position is Ray Argentina though I just don’t see Argentina or Baratta as the Acting Boss of the Lucchese Family.I don’t think it will happen
True the Bronx guys do respect Amuso's orders, but it seems that the Brooklyn guys are going against Amuso's orders now. According to Pennisi the Brooklyn guys DeSantis, Dellorusso and others (which could include Papagni and Zappola) are working with the Philly boss Joe Merlino which is a big disrespect to Amuso.

I agree it's possible that Danny Campo, Butch Arpino get pulled into the indictment. But I don't see Argentina or Baratta getting close to any positions in the Administration. When the indictment is released, it will take down a lot of Brooklyn guys and a few capos. The government has been building this case for a while already it will be big. The last indictment for the Lucchese family in 2017 took out the entire admin and three capos. Last year's indictment against the Colombo's hit the entire admin and three capos also. The government is building strong cases with Rico.
The Brooklyn guys are loyal to Vic and the only reason why Michael DeSantis is the Acting Boss is because Vic approved the takeover.I’m sure Amuso is aware about Merlino meeting with the Lucchese administration.Scarfo has passed away and his son is serving around 30 years in prison.All of the families recognise Merlino and Merlino himself is running Philly.At this point, maybe Vic doesn’t care if they meet him or not.Frank Lastorino is the on the shelf because Vic put him there but Frankie is close to DeSantis.Pennisi says that he believes that if Vic passes away, the Lucchese’s would take Frankie of the shelf and put him in the administration.They can’t do that now because Amuso is the boss.If Brooklyn went against Vic then they definitely would pull Lastorino back in.
They’ve been building this case since 2018 and John Pennisi is expected to testify.I wonder how DeSantis and Dellorusso feel, knowing that at any second they could be pinched.DeSantis has already served 18 years in prison, released in 2010.Patty has served about 10 years and came home in 2004.If they go back in again, it will be for life
When Pennisi spoke of the Amuso's rule "Don't recognize Merlino as Boss". It was still an official rule of Amuso, even though some of the Jersey guys didn't follow it. Amuso is old school mobster, and it wouldn't matter to him if Scarfo Jr. is in jail or not. He was close to Scarfo Sr. in prison and gave his word that he wouldn't accept Merlino. Amuso will not accept the Brooklyn guys going against his rules.

With Pennisi spreading the information that Lucchese Brooklyn guys are working with philly guys it will get back to Amuso. Pennisi is trying to get revenge against the Brooklyn guys trying to kill him. Let's see what happens in the indictment because Pennisi has a lot of information on Dellorusso and DeSantis so they will be getting a lot of time.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Mason76 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:39 pm
time will tell

When Pennisi spoke of the Amuso's rule "Don't recognize Merlino as Boss". It was still an official rule of Amuso, even though some of the Jersey guys didn't follow it. Amuso is old school mobster, and it wouldn't matter to him if Scarfo Jr. is in jail or not. He was close to Scarfo Sr. in prison and gave his word that he wouldn't accept Merlino. Amuso will not accept the Brooklyn guys going against his rules.

With Pennisi spreading the information that Lucchese Brooklyn guys are working with philly guys it will get back to Amuso. Pennisi is trying to get revenge against the Brooklyn guys trying to kill him. Let's see what happens in the indictment because Pennisi has a lot of information on Dellorusso and DeSantis so they will be getting a lot of time.
That’s a great point about Amuso.You are right.Pennisi says that he is over what happened but sometimes I see that he’s taking some shots towards the people involved in what happened to him in the end, people such as Patty Dellorusso,Joe “Cafe” DeSena and Peter Pan Tuccio.If Amuso reaches out to DeSantis and tells him to stop communicating with Philly, I believe that DeSantis would listen to him but then again maybe there is a little more to the situation than we know about because if the Brooklyn guys are going against Amuso’s rules then I’m sure they would have pulled Frank Lastorino of the shelf.
They’ve been building the indictment since 2018, I believe that it’s over for DeSantis and Dellorusso once they are indicted because that case will be extremely solid.
Mason76
Straightened out

Post by Mason76 »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:58 am
time will tell

That’s a great point about Amuso.You are right.Pennisi says that he is over what happened but sometimes I see that he’s taking some shots towards the people involved in what happened to him in the end, people such as Patty Dellorusso,Joe “Cafe” DeSena and Peter Pan Tuccio.If Amuso reaches out to DeSantis and tells him to stop communicating with Philly, I believe that DeSantis would listen to him but then again maybe there is a little more to the situation than we know about because if the Brooklyn guys are going against Amuso’s rules then I’m sure they would have pulled Frank Lastorino of the shelf.
They’ve been building the indictment since 2018, I believe that it’s over for DeSantis and Dellorusso once they are indicted because that case will be extremely solid.
Yes, it seems DeSantis and Dellorusso might get heavy prison sentences. I don't know about Frank Lastorino, he's 84 already, maybe he's just an advisor to DeSantis and Dellorusso helping them rebuild the Brooklyn faction.

Your right about Pennisi I have noticed him taking shots at those guys who betrayed him. It seems Pennisi is upset about leaving the mob, if this happened during the late 1990s' I think Pennisi would have started a war in the streets with DeSantis and Dellorusso.

From Pennisi's website and YouTube, he was really connected. Pennisi had many sitdown's with different capos during his short time as a soldier and sometimes "acting capo" for John Castellucci.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Mason76 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:56 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:58 am
time will tell

Yes, it seems DeSantis and Dellorusso might get heavy prison sentences. I don't know about Frank Lastorino, he's 84 already, maybe he's just an advisor to DeSantis and Dellorusso helping them rebuild the Brooklyn faction.

Your right about Pennisi I have noticed him taking shots at those guys who betrayed him. It seems Pennisi is upset about leaving the mob, if this happened during the late 1990s' I think Pennisi would have started a war in the streets with DeSantis and Dellorusso.

From Pennisi's website and YouTube, he was really connected. Pennisi had many sitdown's with different capos during his short time as a soldier and sometimes "acting capo" for John Castellucci.
Lastorino is on the shelf, Vic Amuso put him on the shelf.He’s not active at all that means though interestingly, DeSantis spoke with Lastorino in 2017 after he became the Acting Boss.I would assume they are close because they have history with each other from going back to the days when Vic was actually on the street as boss.Vic doesn’t like Lastorino at all, Pennisi spoke about the situation and said that he actually spoke to Frank Lastorino in 2013, right before he was made and then afterwards Joseph DiBenedetto who is Amuso’s son in law told John that he shouldn’t speak to Frank Lastorino again because it will look bad if it gets back to Vic.He also told John that Vic doesn’t like Frankie at all.I will make a post about that but I assume you already know the reasons as to why Vic doesn’t like Frank Lastorino.

If this did happen in the 90s, Pennisi would have a much higher chance of being killed because it was a different day plus back then Mikey DeSantis himself would have been a shooter.Even guys like Lastorino and Richard Pagliarulo could have been involved.John is lucky it didn’t happen back then.I don’t believe he could have started a war.Little Al D’Arco claimed he reached out to Louie Bagels Daidone and Steven Crea to attempt to overthrow Vic and Gas but nothing came of it.
Pennisi’s testimony could mean that DeSantis and Dellorusso could face possible conspiracy to commit murder charges against the Bronx Faction
Makaveli
Straightened out

Post by Makaveli »

Recent one of Luchese consigliere disimone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Makaveli
Straightened out

Post by Makaveli »

Big John- when’s he out ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Makaveli wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:54 am Big John- when’s he out ?
Good photos. Castelucci was released in January
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Makaveli wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:45 am Recent one of Luchese consigliere disimone
Thank you for sharing,I haven’t seen that before.Great picture
John Castelucci was released on January 18th,2022, he was supposed to be released in April.Michael DeSantis doesn’t like John and according to John Pennisi, Mikey said that John won’t see the Captain position again.Patty Dellorusso also doesn’t like Castelucci.John Castelucci was actually against the move that DeSantis made in 2017 which took DeSantis to the top
Makaveli
Straightened out

Post by Makaveli »

Anthony guzzo just before the fight with the west
side (look at the tie badge !)
Makaveli
Straightened out

Post by Makaveli »

Anthony castelle
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Makaveli wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:55 am Anthony guzzo just before the fight with the west
Great pictures.Thank you for sharing, always great to see.Guzzo was friends with Pennisi but Pennisi doesn’t have the best of things to say about him
Makaveli
Straightened out

Post by Makaveli »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:13 am
Makaveli wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:55 am Anthony guzzo just before the fight with the west
Great pictures.Thank you for sharing, always great to see.Guzzo was friends with Pennisi but Pennisi doesn’t have the best of things to say about him

IIRC, According to (a now deleted) mba and button man podcast, guzzo’s son ( or wife ?) had a court case but had to withdraw it due to pressure from their capo ( big John). Does anyone known the story ?
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Makaveli wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:19 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:13 am

IIRC, According to (a now deleted) mba and button man podcast, guzzo’s son ( or wife ?) had a court case but had to withdraw it due to pressure from their capo ( big John). Does anyone known the story ?
I cannot remember that one.MBA and the button man podcast was amazing.I remember in some other story, Pennisi talks about how Guzzo tried to dishonestly take a couple of hundred dollars away from Pennisi.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Great pics makaveli