5 Family Crew Succession

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: 5 Family Crew Succession

Post by Angelo Santino »

Regarding Frank Perrone, alleged early Gambino family captain... is there any more info on him? Any chance he was born 1887ish approx? I have a Frank "Pirrone" who's bro-in-law was Salvatore Crivello and friends with the Riccobonos.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Chris Christie wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:20 pm Regarding Frank Perrone, alleged early Gambino family captain... is there any more info on him? Any chance he was born 1887ish approx? I have a Frank "Pirrone" who's bro-in-law was Salvatore Crivello and friends with the Riccobonos.
Unless you are thinking of an other older member (but I don´t think so), the Frank Perrone who was a Gambino captain, was born in 1909. He lived in Paterson, NJ and came up under Antonio Paterno. After a fall out with the Paternos, I think it had something to do with spoils from the jukebox racket, Anastasia allowed him to split off from the Paterno crew and made him a captain in 1956. His crew was very small. He died in 1983 and was succeeded by Peter "Pipi" Campisi who was murdered in June 1983. The crew was then merged with Terry Zappi´s crew. I´ll see if I can dig up additional info on Perrone. Will post it here.
There you have it, never printed before.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:27 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:20 pm Regarding Frank Perrone, alleged early Gambino family captain... is there any more info on him? Any chance he was born 1887ish approx? I have a Frank "Pirrone" who's bro-in-law was Salvatore Crivello and friends with the Riccobonos.
Unless you are thinking of an other older member (but I don´t think so), the Frank Perrone who was a Gambino captain, was born in 1909. He lived in Paterson, NJ and came up under Antonio Paterno. After a fall out with the Paternos, I think it had something to do with spoils from the jukebox racket, Anastasia allowed him to split off from the Paterno crew and made him a captain in 1956. His crew was very small. He died in 1983 and was succeeded by Peter "Pipi" Campisi who was murdered in June 1983. The crew was then merged with Terry Zappi´s crew. I´ll see if I can dig up additional info on Perrone. Will post it here.
Apparently, he was a very low key guy. This report from March 1983 says he only had one arrest for gambling.
Perrone.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There you have it, never printed before.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

I found this in Russell Mauro's files. It looks like James "Jimmy Legs" Episcopia was a capo sometime during the 80s, with Russell Mauro as his acting capo. This may be why Maruo was sometimes described as a captain. Al Walker Embarrato was also in his crew.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pharion
Straightened out

Post by pharion »

According to Hootie Russo from his latest interview with that guy Tom:
— Ronnie Trucchio became a capo after Skinny Dom went to jail
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Who is Hootie Russo?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

ronnie was captain before dom went to prison
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:31 pm Who is Hootie Russo?

Pogo
An associate in Al Trucchio's crew. He was busted during FBI's takedowns in 2011.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks Eboli.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
pharion
Straightened out

Post by pharion »

bronx wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:09 pm ronnie was captain before dom went to prison
Yes, thank you, that is what I always had (at least in my Jan 2002 chart).
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The edit function is not working but we can add John Baudanza as Danny Cutaia's first Acting Capo (before Cerella) for the Lucchese family.

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Anyone know which sources have Ham Dolasco as a captain? Did Accetturo say that?

On the DeCarlo tapes, they talk about Dolasco's recent death (1963) and say he was a soldier under Pizzolato. There are earlier references to Pizzolato being the captain, too. Not sure how everything played out in the years after Accardi fled, so maybe Dolasco was in there somewhere, but in the period leading up to Dolasco's death he was a soldier according to high-ranking NJ Genovese members.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Going from memory the info came from JD.

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

If it came from him I'd go with that.

Pizzolato does seem to be the captain by 1961/62 so maybe Dolasco stepped down.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Does anyone know if Monk Sassano is still captain?