5 Family Crew Succession

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: 5 Family Crew Succession

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Let me add for the Lucchese family that the Crew of Andrew DiSimone could have broken off from the Bronx-Westchester Crew.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Let me add for the Gambinos that in 1980 the Silesi-Florida Crew was merged with the Zappi Crew.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Let me add for the Gambinos that in 1980 the Silesi-Florida Crew was merged with the Zappi Crew.

Pogo
Yes, that´s my understanding as well. These Florida soldiers were later put under Joe Paterno who had fled an indictment down to Florida. When he fled, Paterno´s NJ crew was put under Mike Mondaglio. Around 1988 Eddie Lino took over the Florida guys and was also given a couple of NY based Gambinos.
There you have it, never printed before.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Could it be that the Lucchese familly had only 9 or 10 crews??They were suposed to be the 3rd biggest NY familly.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

AlexfromSouth wrote:Could it be that the Lucchese familly had only 9 or 10 crews??They were suposed to be the 3rd biggest NY familly.
I always thought they historically had 10 crews, even to this day.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

maybe speaking in numbers the Bonnanos had more,it seem higly unlikley that they had only 10 crews.What crew was vincent papa a capoof,if he was a capo at all..?
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

In the gambino one , why no corrozo crew , thought that crew still functioned and was being run by James dellaratta
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Hailbritain wrote:In the gambino one , why no corrozo crew , thought that crew still functioned and was being run by James dellaratta
Corozzo originally came up under Fatico, but transfered to be under Caiazzo perhaps sometime around 1980. His captains were then Richichi, Gene Gotti and Peter Gotti. When exactly Corozzo was elevated to skipper is hard to know, but some say he was a member of the Gambino´s ruling panel in the mid 90s. I assume he was a skipper by then. So, by the looks of it, Corozzo broke off/was given an own crew to run in the early 1990s.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Thanks hairy great info , glad your still around pal even though u have left gangster bb , I heard dellaratta had been knocked down aswel ??
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Hailbritain wrote:Thanks hairy great info , glad your still around pal even though u have left gangster bb , I heard dellaratta had been knocked down aswel ??
I read that too, but don´t know how accurate that is.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I believe Corozzo was promoted to Capo in 1992. Dellaratta is no longer Acting Capo according to a recent gangland.

Pogo
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Maybe blaize is acting capo now
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

"Valvo-Coppa Crew:
Matteo Valvo (1950s-1980) Demoted.
-Salvatore Mirabile (1970s)
????? (1980s-early 1990s)
Frank Coppa (1992-2002) Imprisoned/Flipped.
-Anthony "Tony Black" Furino (1996-2002) Became Official Capo.
Anthony "Tony Black" Furino (2002-2004) Demoted.
-In 2003 parts of the Cantarella Crew were placed with this Crew.
-In 2004 this Crew was disbanded and merged with the Basciano Crew."

Pogo, according to an informant, Matteo Valvo was put in charge of John Tartamella´s crew after Tartamella had his stroke in 1963. However, this sounds unlikely because Tartamella was the consigliere at the time. It´s more likely (IMO) that Tartamella had guys directly assaigned to him and that these guys formed a crew, under Valvo, after Tartamella suffered a stroke. So the succession line would be something like this:

- Matteo Valvo (1963-1979) Demoted.
- Salvatore "Toto" Mirabile (acting captain late 1970s, demoted 1978?)
- Frank Coppa Sr (acting captain around 1978?)
- Anthony "Bruno" Indelicato (Zaffarano crew member, but given Valvo´s crew) Demoted in 1981
- Frank "Curly" Lino (acting captain for almost two years before named official captain of the crew) Flipped in 2003
- Robert Lino Sr (acting captain sporadically during the second half of the 1980s)
- Robert "Little Bobby" Lino Jr (acting captain 1999-2000)
- "Dirty" Danny Mongelli pops up as an acting captain in early 2000s. As an associate, he was with this crew, but I´m not sure if he was acting for Lino or for somebody else.
Lino´s crew most likely disbanded after he flipped.

Frank Coppa Sr, formerly under Valvo, was briefly under Tartaglione and later directly assaigned to Massino before he was given an own crew to run in 1994.
Tony "Black" Furino was under Graziano, acted in his stead briefly around 2001/2002 but given his own crew to run.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

HairyKnuckles wrote:
Hailbritain wrote:In the gambino one , why no corrozo crew , thought that crew still functioned and was being run by James dellaratta
Corozzo originally came up under Fatico, but transfered to be under Caiazzo perhaps sometime around 1980. His captains were then Richichi, Gene Gotti and Peter Gotti. When exactly Corozzo was elevated to skipper is hard to know, but some say he was a member of the Gambino´s ruling panel in the mid 90s. I assume he was a skipper by then. So, by the looks of it, Corozzo broke off/was given an own crew to run in the early 1990s.
no hard nicky was made captain 87, 88
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

robert lino was made captain around 93 i believe maybe earlier , toto mirabale was a captain until his death when ever that was.