General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by chin_gigante »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:17 am When did Carmine Persico officially become the boss of the Colombo Family? An FBI document i have just read is from November 5th, 1980, Greg Scarpa informs them that Persico has been elevated to official boss though I have seen other dates elsewhere.
Amuso is catching up…
1980 seems like the most accurate date. Persico had been the one effectively in charge of the family though for several years before that, despite DiBella being official boss during that period
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

What happened to FRANK MATTHEWS??

Did they ever find him?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Is there a thread thats dedicated to oc shortz videos?
Proletarian187
Associate

Post by Proletarian187 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:11 am What happened to FRANK MATTHEWS??

Did they ever find him?
He's never been found. There's a few theories circulating. One is that some shady lawyers connected to the Genovese tricked him into a meeting on a boat and made him disappear.

Others believe he made it out of the country and went underground in South America/Carribeans/Africa. Some people think he's still alive somewhere.

Since he was born in 1944 it's possible but not likely imo. He had a big ego and I doubt he's the kind of guy to sail into the sunset and leave it alI behind despite having the money and means to do so.. These people love the game, the excitement and the power. Sometimes even more than they love money.
I believe he had some health issues as well.

My guess is he got whacked at some point. Not necessarily by the mob as there would have been plenty of other people with more access to him and who had more dealings with him.
Carbine genius
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Recently iv been watching the Detroit king pin documentaries …. We have A LOT of king pins here

Chamber brother
Curry brothers
Mazerazti Rick
Davis family
Eddie Jackson
Then you have the huge gangs like YBI
And best friends

Few others I didn’t name - out of all those - which had actual mafia associations??? Eddie Jackson would go to NYC n have a gambino plug I belive ….

Chambers I think we’re going to Florida I think….

But I don’t think many of those named above had mafia plugs -
Anyone care to elaborate on Detroit dope?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Don Mosseria wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:47 pm
Ivan wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:27 pm Have there been any killings in the USA (not Canada) that could be called mob hits or mob-adjacent hits in the 2020s? There was that last little burst at the end of the 2010s (Zottola, that one Lucchese loanshark, the guy dumped in the river) but I can't think of any starting from 2020. I guess the pandemic probably slowed everything down quite a bit.
My understanding was the that last true mob hit, in NYC at least, was the Michael Meldish hit in November 2013. The Zottola thing was actually a personal issue between the guy and his son. Though Zottola was an associate, the hit was not actually mob related. Not sure about the other two you mention, so if I am wrong let me know.
This is correct as far as we know. Would it be valid to credit Burnstein I believe for reporting that there was an attempted shooting from the Mancuso side towards Cammarano recently. That might be the first known attempted mob murder since 2013 if it’s true.
Don Mosseria
Straightened out

Post by Don Mosseria »

OmarSantista wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:54 am
Don Mosseria wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:47 pm
Ivan wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:27 pm Have there been any killings in the USA (not Canada) that could be called mob hits or mob-adjacent hits in the 2020s? There was that last little burst at the end of the 2010s (Zottola, that one Lucchese loanshark, the guy dumped in the river) but I can't think of any starting from 2020. I guess the pandemic probably slowed everything down quite a bit.
My understanding was the that last true mob hit, in NYC at least, was the Michael Meldish hit in November 2013. The Zottola thing was actually a personal issue between the guy and his son. Though Zottola was an associate, the hit was not actually mob related. Not sure about the other two you mention, so if I am wrong let me know.
This is correct as far as we know. Would it be valid to credit Burnstein I believe for reporting that there was an attempted shooting from the Mancuso side towards Cammarano recently. That might be the first known attempted mob murder since 2013 if it’s true.
Yeah, I heard Burnstein report that. Though some have been questioning some of his reporting lately, I think he should be fairly sound on straight factual reporting of that sort. Though even then, unless there is definitive evidence, it could be wrong. But even assuming it really happened, it's hard to know if it was a full on attempted murder, or more a matter of intimidation. Either way, it is the most overt use of force I can remember of late south of The Great White North, as Scott calls it :D
In any case, let Maranzano know that we in Chicago will wage war on him and, if necessary, we will also use airplanes. The means are ready
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Was Jackie DiNorscio made?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

TallGuy19 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:38 pm Was Jackie DiNorscio made?
No, he was an associate.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:31 am
No, he was an associate.
Highly disputable. Called a member in many articles. Your shit is weak at best.

https://www.nytimes.com/1988/08/27/nyre ... -case.html
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:19 am
No, he was an associate.

Nobody is disputing it. It's well known he wasn't made. You're just trying to engage in yet another subject you know nothing about while trolling. Face it bud, you're out of your depth on all of this.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:35 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:19 am
No, he was an associate.

Nobody is disputing it. It's well known he wasn't made. You're just trying to engage in yet another subject you know nothing about while trolling. Face it bud, you're out of your depth on all of this.
Well known by who? You? You mean when you were running your rackets with all these guys they told you. Youre such a jerkoff.

Broad assumptions by someone who knows dick about dick. Ive forgotten more than you could ever remember about the mafia

Read the article

You got caught for what you are. A nothing. A nobody. A blowhard. A scared bitch from Utah.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 amWell known by who? You? You mean when you were running your rackets with all these guys they told you. Youre such a jerkoff.

Broad assumptions by someone who knows dick about dick. Ive forgotten more than you could ever remember about the mafia

Read the article

You got caught for what you are. A nothing. A nobody. A blowhard. A scared bitch from Utah.
Don't need to take my word for it. Ask others here, if that's what it takes. He wasn't made. And you waiving a NYT article around as some kind of evidence is absurd, especially considering how journalists are well known for being sloppy with who they call a member. This just makes you look desperate. But go on, keeping digging your hole.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:54 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 amWell known by who? You? You mean when you were running your rackets with all these guys they told you. Youre such a jerkoff.

Read the article

Don't need to take my word for it. Ask others here, if that's what it takes. He wasn't made. And you waiving a NYT article around as some kind of evidence is absurd, especially considering how journalists are well known for being sloppy with who they call a member. This just makes you look desperate. But go on, keeping digging your hole.
I totally believe you. And then youll cherry pick articles by journalists that back your opinion. You definitely know who is made and who isnt. I forgot, you use to have rackets with most of the guys in all the families.

Now take your medicine and burp like a good little baby
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:56 amI totally believe you. And then youll cherry pick articles by journalists that back your opinion. You definitely know who is made and who isnt. I forgot, you use to have rackets with most of the guys in all the families.

Now take your medicine and burp like a good little baby
Go ahead, ask others on this forum who know about the Luccheses or the Philly family in New Jersey. Or are you too afraid to?