General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by DPG »

Chris Christie wrote:There was a book released about the St. Louis Mafia history, I don't remember the name but I believe Antiliar is in touch with him. It might also go into the other groups. Ask him.

Antiliar is Richard Warner, I don't remember his RD handle but I believe you and him spoke before. He co-authored the article I referred you to.
That the book i read lol Gangs of St Louis
I get it....first rule of fight club.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote:I believe he was in prison during the war. Not sure if he still held his Capo rank at the time or what role he played from behind bars.

Pogo
Thanks Pogo :)

Is there any info out there regarding his affiliation during the war? Persico/Orena?

Cheers
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:I believe he was in prison during the war. Not sure if he still held his Capo rank at the time or what role he played from behind bars.

Pogo
Thanks Pogo :)

Is there any info out there regarding his affiliation during the war? Persico/Orena?

Cheers
He was demoted in the mid 1980s to soldier so he was not a skipper at the time of the conflict. He was on the Orena side. Capeci reported some years ago about Franzese ordering some former associates (Frank Cestaro, Louis Fenza and Frank Castignaro) dead because they had switched from the faction aligned with Orena to the one loyal to Carmine Persico.
There you have it, never printed before.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks HK. Do you know who was the Capo of his Crew during this era?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Was Salvatore “Sally the Sheik” Mussachio not franzese's captain before that crew was split between Mussachio, John “Sonny” Franzese and Joseph Colombo.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Sorry , u want his capo when he was demoted in the 80s
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Thanks HK. Do you know who was the Capo of his Crew during this era?

Pogo
Hailbritain wrote:Was Salvatore “Sally the Sheik” Mussachio not franzese's captain before that crew was split between Mussachio, John “Sonny” Franzese and Joseph Colombo.
Yeah, Mussachio´s crew was split between him, Franzese and Colombo in 1962. After Franzese´s conviction in late 1960s, his crew was diminished and by the late 1970´s, all his former crew members had been assaigned to other captains. His son Michael was granted a transfer from Andy Russo´s crew in around 1979/1980 to be under his father and he was the only made guy under Sonny at that time. But also Michael left his crew eventually when he was given his own crew to run in 1982. Sorry, I don´t know who Sonny´s captain was after his demotion in 1984. Would be interesting to know.
There you have it, never printed before.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Well HK , I'm shocked and stunned you don't know ha , I'm sure we can work it out by a process of elimination
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Is it possible that sonny could have been put under his son ??
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

Does anyone have any info on Crea ?
Is he from Yonkers or the Bronx?
When was he made? Who's crew was he with ? Was he ever a captain? Etc
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He was a Capo from 1990-1998/9. He took over the Castaldi-Luongo Crew so that is probably the crew he came up in and was made into.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

So did Mike Salerno and Luongo lead two separate crews? Who took over after Buddy was killed ?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rocco1313 wrote:So did Mike Salerno and Luongo lead two separate crews? Who took over after Buddy was killed ?

Yeah they were two seperate crews. Joseph Giampa took over for Salerno after he was killed in 1990. Samual “Sammy Bones” Castaldi took over for Luongo (Anthony Ciccone may have ran the crew briefly in between). Crea took over for Castaldi.

Pogo
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

Very cool thanks. The Bronx Lucchese crews have always been a bit unclear for me. So many big time players from that faction. Did Matty Madonna take over Crea's crew when Crea was away?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Anthony “Blue Eyes” Santorelli took over his crew when he was promoted to UnderBoss.

Pogo