General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Q:
Has anybody read:
http://www.amazon.com/Mob-Cop-Chicago-P ... NX6ZJ2J9X8

Personally Ive never heard of him or the associated corruption, but thats not saying much.
Worth the read or BS?

Cheers
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies »

can somebody locate a video from '09 or so when a news crew(fox i think) went to south boston and confronted georgie boy hogan about the current state of the irish mob and the tires on their news van ended up getting slashed? thanks! 8-)
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Q:
Has anybody read:
http://www.amazon.com/Mob-Cop-Chicago-P ... NX6ZJ2J9X8

Personally Ive never heard of him or the associated corruption, but thats not saying much.
Worth the read or BS?

Cheers
Most of his stories revolve around the Grand Avenue guys; Lombardo, Spilotro, Schweihs. I haven't read it but I heard it's worth reading. Probably not recommended if you are just casual follower of the Outfit, though.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

My thanks snakes.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

I'm not, nor have ever been a member of the Real Deal mafia site.

Is it worthwhile to do so?
I peruse this and GBB. Would members here recommend joining Real Deal or any other site for addition info/chat/interest etc?

Appreciate all feedback.
Thanks in advance.
S
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

You're not missing anything. RD is pretty much dead at this point with only a few bullshiters and trolls occasionally posting.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NE1020
Honorary Member

Has there ever been a made guy killed by an OC group?

Post by NE1020 »

I know the whole point of being made is that you are untouchable to other criminals. I read however about a Lucchese soldier that was killed by Frank Lucas back when he was running Harlem, I was wondering if you knew of any other made guys that have been ever killed by other crime syndicates or gangs?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Re: Has there ever been a made guy killed by an OC group?

Post by HairyKnuckles »

NE1020 wrote:I know the whole point of being made is that you are untouchable to other criminals. I read however about a Lucchese soldier that was killed by Frank Lucas back when he was running Harlem, I was wondering if you knew of any other made guys that have been ever killed by other crime syndicates or gangs?
NE, I merged your post/question with this thread mainly because I feel it belongs here.

Which Lucchese soldier are you talking about? If you are referring to Carmine Pugliese, he wasn´t made.

You asked this same question over on GBB a year ago, with same given answer.
There you have it, never printed before.
NE1020
Honorary Member

Post by NE1020 »

I can't access GBB anymore so I can't see the thread I made over there and it was a long time ago so I don't remember what answers were given. I thought this new forum might have some additional information anyway.
NE1020
Honorary Member

Post by NE1020 »

Slightly surprised as well that you remember I had posted that topic a year ago as well lol
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

NE1020 wrote:Slightly surprised as well that you remember I had posted that topic a year ago as well lol
I surprise myself sometimes. :)

I wish I could help you with your question. But I can´t. I don´t remember any NY made guy ever being proven killed by outsiders (gangs or other OC groups). But there may have been cases outside of NY, which is not my forte.
There you have it, never printed before.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Cleveland UnderBoss Leo Lips Moceri was killed by Danny Greene and his crew during their war with the Cleveland family.

I'm sure there were several Chicago members who were killed during the various wars with the Northside gang and the others crews during Prohibition.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NE1020
Honorary Member

Post by NE1020 »

Thanks for the responses HairyKnuckles and Pogo.

I don't know much about Cleveland so I guess I got some reading to do :)
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

How do soldiers kick up ?? Is a set amount every week / month ?? A percentage of there weekly profits ??

And once the money goes to the capo Wats the breakdown from there ??

Thanks
Eddie mush
NE1020
Honorary Member

Post by NE1020 »

Whats the mob's attitude towards killing and beating up women? Even the toughest guys I've ever met in my life agree that hitting a woman is one of the scummiest things a man can do but yet you often read about some wiseguys being violent towards women and occasionally killing them