General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Sullycantwell »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:47 am
Sullycantwell wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:17 am Anyone have a DOB and DOD on Genovese soldier Arthur Roccomonte?
I believe that he was born Alfonso Roccamonte 1913/08/04 in NYC to Fiore Roccamonte and Nicoletta (maiden name possibly Manzo), of the comuni of Campagna and Polla in Salerno province, Campania.

If I’m correct, then he died 1994/03/14 in Montclair, NJ.
Thank you!
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

The actual trigger-pullers in the Castellano hit were John Carneglia shooting Castellano and Salvatore Scala shooting Bilotti, right? With Vinnie Artuso trying to shoot but jamming his gun? Do I have this right?
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Post by Sullycantwell »

Anyone know who member source NK 2428-C-TE is? https://www.archives.gov/files/research ... 305835.pdf
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

After watching one of RJs podcasts he was talking about the Gambino family history of leadership and how the power of the family went up and down depending on period

He showed CASTELLANO at the height of Gambino family power

I know this is one of those impossible questions to answer…

But I’m wondering if Gambino legacy is more made up than truth.

If we compared Gambino reign to Castellanos reign I would think Gambino had more stability in ranks obviously but money wise I’m wondering if Castellano made more …..

Any thoughts?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:09 am If we compared Gambino reign to Castellanos reign I would think Gambino had more stability in ranks obviously but money wise I’m wondering if Castellano made more …..

Any thoughts?
Castellano was at the top when the mob was making more than it ever had.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

aray22 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:54 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:09 am If we compared Gambino reign to Castellanos reign I would think Gambino had more stability in ranks obviously but money wise I’m wondering if Castellano made more …..

Any thoughts?
Castellano was at the top when the mob was making more than it ever had.
Through construction ?? Or with various other rackets??
I don’t think Castellano was the first to break in the construction companies - I wanna think Colombos did with the concrete club but I could be wrong
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

Most people only mention Frank DeCicco murder when talking about the Castellano murder retaliation against Gotti. I never understood why the Gambinos didn't retaliate the Frank DeCicco, Eddie Lino and Bobby Borriello murders. Anyone care to explain?
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Mikey Scars says they didn't know where it was coming from. The only people inclined to know were Sammy and John but once Bobby Manna got arrested it was basically public knowledge on which family was ordering the hits as we know Bobby Manna will die in jail for the murder conspiracy against John Gotti. Mikey speculates that Sammy was plotting to take over the family with the help of the Genovese and probably lucchese's who had a vendetta against John and Sammy for the Tommy & Paul murder. Sammy was close with vic and gas or maybe just gas. Mikey said there is no theory cause it doesn't make sense as to why not hit back while John is in the street and they knew exactly where it came from. However in the past Michaels has discussed; If they never get arrested the theory is Sammy would have commission approval to take over from John which would place Sammy in a caponigro situation in for unsanctioned hits on 2 bosses, thus the Genovese would get rid of Sammy soon after. Mikey's other theory is that Jimmy Brown was in concert with the Genovese to take over the family because he wasn't a fan of John. So the question is why did John not act when he knew which family, it was coming from? The answer is we don't know. Mikey always says when Sammy first got out the first question he said to him over the phone was why didn't you tell us? Sammy says he didn't know which is a lie. He very possibly was just waiting to take over with commission approval for an unassumingly very short rein. I hope this helps you Mukremin
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

OmarSantista wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:08 pm Mikey Scars says they didn't know where it was coming from. The only people inclined to know were Sammy and John but once Bobby Manna got arrested it was basically public knowledge on which family was ordering the hits as we know Bobby Manna will die in jail for the murder conspiracy against John Gotti. Mikey speculates that Sammy was plotting to take over the family with the help of the Genovese and probably lucchese's who had a vendetta against John and Sammy for the Tommy & Paul murder. Sammy was close with vic and gas or maybe just gas. Mikey said there is no theory cause it doesn't make sense as to why not hit back while John is in the street and they knew exactly where it came from. However in the past Michaels has discussed; If they never get arrested the theory is Sammy would have commission approval to take over from John which would place Sammy in a caponigro situation in for unsanctioned hits on 2 bosses, thus the Genovese would get rid of Sammy soon after. Mikey's other theory is that Jimmy Brown was in concert with the Genovese to take over the family because he wasn't a fan of John. So the question is why did John not act when he knew which family, it was coming from? The answer is we don't know. Mikey always says when Sammy first got out the first question he said to him over the phone was why didn't you tell us? Sammy says he didn't know which is a lie. He very possibly was just waiting to take over with commission approval for an unassumingly very short rein. I hope this helps you Mukremin
Thanks! But still i am not sure. Frank DeCicco was killed in April 1986. I always thought that the Chin and the Luccheses accepted the death of DeCicco and let matters pass. But they still wanted to kill Gotti and thus tried to remove possible Gambino members who could retaliate. So in November 1990 they kill Lino, and in April 1991 they get Borriello. Do we have any information that these killings were really to hurt the Gambinos and eventually get Gotti? Or was money or something else involved. I somehow find it hard to believe they kept doing business which each other but in a span of 4/5 years killed 3 Gambino top guys.
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Yeah I understand, no I don't think there is concrete information; if those killings were to get Gotti. However, the commission saw him as an outsider, an unsanctioned boss, him and everybody involved had a death sentence on them. Chin also couldn't prove that John killed Paul and Tommy so these killings were to rattle the cage. "They played nice with John until they could've got to John" - M.Scars. I could really see the commission going to Jimmy Brown and letting him know he'd be appointed after John and Sammy are out of the way because Frankie dies 4 months later. But according to Mikey the death of Boriello was the most telling/compelling because apparently they all got pinched in Dec.90 and they were all going to jail. This is when Mikey asks "why kill Bobby? because the vendetta didn't end".
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

OmarSantista wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:10 pm This is when Mikey asks "why kill Bobby? because the vendetta didn't end".
I think the answer lies in this last sentence/quote. :!:
Jack Dempsey
Associate

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Just watched a whole hour of from the Valachi hearing on mobfax,Fascinating viewing.Is there more footage out there?
Jack Dempsey
Associate

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Did any mafia member get away with killing a fbi agent?
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Who was running the calabrese street crew when Frank Sr was in jail? He was shot and later died in the hospital. I believe he was half Italian.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

DonPeppino386 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:33 pm Who was running the calabrese street crew when Frank Sr was in jail? He was shot and later died in the hospital. I believe he was half Italian.

Found him. Ronnie Jarrett was who I was thinking of.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.