General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by johnny_scootch »

If you’re on record with someone it means you’re under their protection so while it’s not an automatic death sentence like it would be if you killed a made guy there is definitely a price to be paid and sit downs to be had if you killed someone under the protection of a made man without their approval.

As far as the tough guy thing it’s a label that can mean different things to different people but what I can say is you don’t have to be a murderer to be considered a tough guy.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Does anyone know where the term "made man" came from or when mobsters started using it to refer to themselves?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Makelaiusiwk
Straightened out

General Mob Questions

Post by Makelaiusiwk »

I got a question here. In Henry hills book wiseguy he claims Thomas desimone commited two murders one of them being Howard Goldstein who was killed in 1968 and spider gianco who was killed in 1970. But are these people even real as there is no records for either of them existing.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Makelaiusiwk wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:47 pm I got a question here. In Henry hills book wiseguy he claims Thomas desimone commited two murders one of them being Howard Goldstein who was killed in 1968 and spider gianco who was killed in 1970. But are these people even real as there is no records for either of them existing.
There’s a good chance Hill came up with the stories, however I don’t think we’ll ever know. I think Hill once claimed Tommy someone in prison which I have a hard time believing
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Assassynek
Prospect

Post by Assassynek »

I have a question, do we have any information on the current status of the San Jose and San Francisco families? I have read quite a bit that they are deemed inactive, but it is possible that they have taken a similar form to the Los Angeles Crime Family?
Makelaiusiwk
Straightened out

Post by Makelaiusiwk »

slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:02 pm
Makelaiusiwk wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:47 pm I got a question here. In Henry hills book wiseguy he claims Thomas desimone commited two murders one of them being Howard Goldstein who was killed in 1968 and spider gianco who was killed in 1970. But are these people even real as there is no records for either of them existing.
There’s a good chance Hill came up with the stories, however I don’t think we’ll ever know. I think Hill once claimed Tommy someone in prison which I have a hard time believing
Yeah, fair enough
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Anyone have any info on LeoLuca Guarino, pinched with Barney Bellomo, Sallie Larca, and Ralph Tutino on narcotics charges in 1988? Bronx guy of Corelonese heritage, born 1935 and died in 1993. Paternal grandfather was Liborio Guarino of Corleone (the Guarino surname has figured in the mafia in Corleone since way back).

Don’t recall if Cafaro mentioned Guarino at all in his testimony. No idea if he was somebody, but given his ancestry and arrest with Bellomo, I’m wondering if anyone had bay further info about him.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:56 pm Anyone have any info on LeoLuca Guarino, pinched with Barney Bellomo, Sallie Larca, and Ralph Tutino on narcotics charges in 1988? Bronx guy of Corelonese heritage, born 1935 and died in 1993. Paternal grandfather was Liborio Guarino of Corleone (the Guarino surname has figured in the mafia in Corleone since way back).

Don’t recall if Cafaro mentioned Guarino at all in his testimony. No idea if he was somebody, but given his ancestry and arrest with Bellomo, I’m wondering if anyone had bay further info about him.
It looks like Guarino was a guy who was heavily involved with the heroin and cocaine trade since atleast the mid 1960s. Have you seen this?
Leoluca1.png
It appears he married a Emma Tirado in the mid 1960s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There you have it, never printed before.
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

When was Anthony Scotto made?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Is it true that, in spite of the "everyone is a rat now" perception, if you compare the number of made guys who ratted (including before Valachi, the 20 or so guys like Santantonio, Clemente, etc.) to the total number of made guys who have existed, it actually comes out to less than one percent? Have seen this claim elsewhere but it is too much math for me to figure out myself.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Millspgh
Prospect

Re: General Mob Questions - Jimmy Burke

Post by Millspgh »

Do you think Jimmy Burke was on record with Paul Vario? He seemd to work with multiple families, the Luchesse and Gambino and Bonanno especially. So he had to be on record with someone I would think.

He did his biggest score with Luchesse associates and Asaro from the Bonannos, and was around the Gambino crews at the airport and his neighborhood and appears to have done some work with them.

Any thoughts?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Are there any making ceremonies in the 2020s that we know about?
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Post by Sullycantwell »

Is this true? This is the file it was in
IMG_7855.jpeg
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... es_Luciano
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Does anyone know anything about a Nunzio Scalera or Scalara, was around Leoluca Bagarella
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

New podcast video claims as of lately

Gene Gotti has been said to be running a crew again....
Any thoughts ?????

Far fetched a little id say.....
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.