Michael Palma Question(Early 90s Stanfa Associate)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Michael Palma Question(Early 90s Stanfa Associate)

Post by Adam »

So this one has always been a bit of a mystery to me. In Goodfella Tapes(the first book I read about Philly Mob when I was a kid) there's a photo of Stanfa, Joey Ciancaglini(the only photo of him in the book) and Michael Palma. And Palma is never mentioned in the book. Just named in that photo as "the late Michael Palma". Which I always thought was weird. So as is my understanding Palma worked with the Stanfa people(and I thought particularly with Previte and his people) and he turns government witness and goes into protection, and then gets killed in an accident when his car is hit by a train out somewhere in the midwest. Which is weird by itself. But, a lot of people forget about this, but Previte, Filipelli and Aldrich all got busted in January 1994 for extortion, kidnapping and armed robbery. Nothing ever comes of that case and Previte and Aldrich just walk, but Filipelli was already stuck with the Stanfa indictment coming later. But my understanding is the case against Previte and the rest was dropped because Palma died and couldn't testify. Is that true? And who the hell was Palma?