Motorfab's Blog: Une Histoire de Crime Organisé

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

motorfab
Full Patched

Re: Motorfab's Blog: Une Histoire de Crime Organisé

Post by motorfab »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:37 am Looking forward to reading it.
Thanks, I hope you will like it
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Villain wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:18 am
motorfab wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:29 am New article dedicated to a series of murders linked to the Calabrian mafia in Queensland in the 1920s & 30s https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... sland.html
Great stuff and thanks Fab.

For what its worth, in 1967 with the help of legit companies controlled by Chicago associate Allen Rothman, the Outfit made shipments of vending machines around Japan and Australia. They often had their own contacts in the countries they made shipments to but I dont have any info on who were their contacts in Australia, although I know the Outfit had office there. In addition, Rothman was a front for Alex, Larner and the whole syndicate.
Thanks amigo, glad you liked it ! Speaking of Australia & Chicago, I don't know if you ever heard of this, but George Freeman & Lenny McPherson (2 big mob bosses in Sydney) were friend with a man allegedly member of the Chicago outfit named Joseph "Dan" Testa. I can't say I know much about him or if he was really a Outfit member but I thought you and the other guys here interestd by Chicago would appreciate this info.

2 articles about it :

Page 48 https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-1589771818/v ... seph+testa

Page 20 to 22 https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-1312411065/v ... seph+testa
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Eline2015 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:50 am Great article, Fabien
Thanks a ton Eline, glad you enjoyed it. I have to watch your new video but I didn't had the time yet. BTW, I was about to ask you, do you plan to include English subs for this one?
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Angelo Santino wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:56 am (I changed this thread to a "sticky" like I did with Eric's work. I thought I had already done it but I guess I didn't. Sorry.)

Great work, BTW!
All good Angelo, no need to be sorry and I appreciate you did it, it's nice :)

And thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it !
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Just for you to know, MickeyMeatballs also wrote about this story on his blog, so be sure to also read his article. Obviously I tried as much as possible to get away from MM's article and approach the story from a different angle.

So read this article too https://mafiainaustralia.wordpress.com/ ... lack-hand/
Last edited by motorfab on Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

motorfab wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:01 am
Villain wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:18 am
motorfab wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:29 am New article dedicated to a series of murders linked to the Calabrian mafia in Queensland in the 1920s & 30s https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... sland.html
Great stuff and thanks Fab.

For what its worth, in 1967 with the help of legit companies controlled by Chicago associate Allen Rothman, the Outfit made shipments of vending machines around Japan and Australia. They often had their own contacts in the countries they made shipments to but I dont have any info on who were their contacts in Australia, although I know the Outfit had office there. In addition, Rothman was a front for Alex, Larner and the whole syndicate.
Thanks amigo, glad you liked it ! Speaking of Australia & Chicago, I don't know if you ever heard of this, but George Freeman & Lenny McPherson (2 big mob bosses in Sydney) were friend with a man allegedly member of the Chicago outfit named Joseph "Dan" Testa. I can't say I know much about him or if he was really a Outfit member but I thought you and the other guys here interestd by Chicago would appreciate this info.

2 articles about it :

Page 48 https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-1589771818/v ... seph+testa

Page 20 to 22 https://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-1312411065/v ... seph+testa
Yeah Testa was with the Outfit 100% since the 1960's. Maybe Snakes can add more information.

Thanks for the articles, ill check them out.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

motorfab wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:02 am
Eline2015 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:50 am Great article, Fabien
Thanks a ton Eline, glad you enjoyed it. I have to watch your new video but I didn't had the time yet. BTW, I was about to ask you, do you plan to include English subs for this one?
Of course, but in the end of the month
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Ok, thanks !
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Amazing article, I love readind about the Mafia in Australia.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

aleksandrored wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:43 am Amazing article, I love readind about the Mafia in Australia.
Thanks ! Yeah mafia in Australia is quite fascinating
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

aleksandrored wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:43 am Amazing article, I love readind about the Mafia in Australia.
+1
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Joseph Dan Testa was a millionaire real estate investor who owned a gas station and a trailer park. In 1973 an article claimed that he was the Chief of Detectives for Justice, Illinois, and a millionaire cop. Testa said that was a publicity stunt for an Australian TV show. He denied he was trying to take over anything in Australia. However, Testa was known as an associate of Milwaukee Phil Alderisio and a saloon he owned was bombed in 1968. In 1974, the village clerk of Justice claimed that Testa's trailer parked owed $56,000 in back taxes. Testa denied the claim. In 1981 his car was bombed after he played a game of golf. His leg had to be amputated below the knee and his passenger - believed to be his nephew - James Aquilla, was slightly injured. It was noted that this bombing took place around the time Michael Cagnoni was bombed in his car, and that Testa had been a business partner of contractor Frank Pantaleo, who was connected to Joey Glimco and Tony Accardo. On June 29, 1981, Testa died of his injuries. The notoriously corrupt former police chief of Willow Springs, Michael Corbitt, was one of the last people to talk to Testa and was named as an heir in his will. John Hinchey, an ex-CPD commander who headed a drug task force and was a partner of William Hanhardt, got $125,000 from Testa's estate. It was speculated that a henchman of Joey Lombardo killed Testa.

In 1989, James Aquilla was charged in a cocaine conspiracy along with Henry Centracchio, brother of alleged Grand Avenue boss Tony Centracchio. Ten years later it was reported that police believed Testa refused to release Alderisio's cash that he was holding on to for safe keeping after the mobster died. There's been several other instances of the Outfit claiming money after an important member died.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

...in addition to the above high quality post...this is from 1965 and I think its the same guy and it is quite possible that he was Grand Av associate...

motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Excellent, thanks Antiliar !
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Regarding my article, here is some articles about the involvement of Giuseppe Mammone in a murder attempt in Buffalo in 1917. According to the article the guy he shots didn't die, so I will edit this part

The Buffalo Time, May 10, 1918

The fifth man was arrested later in 1919 in St. Louis (Buffalo Morning August 21)

But for sure Thomas Cennamo was very lucky to be alive

The Buffalo Inquirer, October 6, 1920