Anthony J. Scibelli associate of Genovese crime family’s Springfield faction pleads guilty to extortion charge

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: Anthony J. Scibelli associate of Genovese crime family’s Springfield faction pleads guilty to extortion charge

Post by OcSleeper »

That is interesting, would you happen to remember which interview?

I forgot to add Mario Fiore recently helped with the Pasqualina of Springfield documentary that Justin Cascio was involved in. I think Scott also said he's been talking to Fiore trying to get him on the podcast. I'll also add I was told by a local in Springfield who obviously isn't made but was invovled with these guys that Fiore is shelved.

Still a ways off but I'm curious what Fusco does when he gets out. I believe he's a close relative of the Manzis who were (maybe still are) huge weed traffickers and apparently worked under Carmine originally, his sons appear to be involved in drug trafficking, and is actually one of the few made guys left.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Anthony J. Scibelli associate of Genovese crime family’s Springfield faction pleads guilty to extortion charge

Post by chin_gigante »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:15 pm That is interesting, would you happen to remember which interview?
I think it was one he did with Luisi, but I'll need to check my notes to see which, they did quite a few together.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:08 am Arilotta posted what looked like a recent picture with Anthony scibelli the other day when he passed. I also remember Arilotta saying on a YouTube video he still is friendly and hangs around with Calvanese and Santiello. I wasn't expected him to be killed for moving back to Springfield, but at least be shunned. Does the Westside even deal with Springfield anymore?
For what it's worth there was no active Genovese members operating in Springfield when O'Nofrio inherited it. Frank Depergola was under consideration to be made and of course Santaniello was proposed.

Who knows if they've made anyone there since then. I'm doubtful myself if those guys are all friendly with Arillotta.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:15 pm That is interesting, would you happen to remember which interview?

I forgot to add Mario Fiore recently helped with the Pasqualina of Springfield documentary that Justin Cascio was involved in. I think Scott also said he's been talking to Fiore trying to get him on the podcast. I'll also add I was told by a local in Springfield who obviously isn't made but was invovled with these guys that Fiore is shelved.

Still a ways off but I'm curious what Fusco does when he gets out. I believe he's a close relative of the Manzis who were (maybe still are) huge weed traffickers and apparently worked under Carmine originally, his sons appear to be involved in drug trafficking, and is actually one of the few made guys left.
I know Fusco is young(er) but I remember seeing that he was housed at a medical facility, not a federal prison so I wonder what his health is and what shape he will be in upon his release. Wasn’t he also born in Italy? Any idea how he got hooked up with Springfield - is he from the same area as much of the Springfield crew?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Not only is the Springfield crew gone, I don't think there's a crew from the 5 families based outside New York/New Jersey anymore.
All roads lead to New York.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Southshore88 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:59 pm I know Fusco is young(er) but I remember seeing that he was housed at a medical facility, not a federal prison so I wonder what his health is and what shape he will be in upon his release. Wasn’t he also born in Italy? Any idea how he got hooked up with Springfield - is he from the same area as much of the Springfield crew?
That's right he's at FMC Devens but I haven't heard of any updates on his health.

Almost everyone from the Springfield crew I've come across trace back to Quindici, Bracigliano, or Sarno and Fusco is no different. Like I said, I believe he's related to the Manzis and was originally under them so that's my guess as to why he ended up in Springfield.
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

There's always been speculation historically as to whether or not Carmine or any of the Manzis are made. I'd be interested in what the historians here might say about that? I always post a mention, when this topic comes up, of Carmine chasing Calvanese out of his barber shop, apparently trying to stab him (so the story goes) during the era after Arillota and his team went down and there were no leaders left in Springfield. Calvanese was trying g to make his move to control the remnants, apparently tried to put his hand into Carmine's wallet, and found out quickly that it wasn't going to work. I think he was rumored to still be on the pills around this time...any thoughts? and thanks in advance...
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I've only heard of Carmine Manzi, his son Giuseppe "Little Joe" Manzi, and his cousin Giuseppe "Joe Villa" Manzi being involved.

I need to go through my notes and organize them better but Arillotta has said Carmine wasn't made and in the early-mid 2000s Arillotta was trying to kill Joe Villa I believe, maybe Little Joe. In 2013 Depergola said Joe Villa was beefing with the Springfield crew. Then in 2015 you have Carmine and Calvanese fighting outside the barber shop.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Wasn't one of the Manzis identified as being a member of the NCO
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Anybody know how the beef with the Springfield crew originated from?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:40 pm Wasn't one of the Manzis identified as being a member of the NCO
Correct. Antonio Orlando “Tony” Manzi, who was pinched in a 1984 narcotics raid on a pizzeria in Chicopee, was identified as an affiliate of the NCO. Manzi was wanted in Italy on murder and drug charges at the time. Also apprehended during this period in Springfield was NCO affiliate Enrico Madonna (aka “Bruno Sica”), a narcotics trafficker with ties to the Colombos, and Biagio Cava, an affiliate of the rival Nuova Fratellanza Camorra bloc. Springfield, of course, maintained close immigration ties back to Quindici and thus there have been people in Springfield with connections to the Graziano Camorra clan in Quindici, who were Cutoliani.

Tony Manzi was the brother of Carmine Manzi.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

UTC wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:26 pmSkyball's kid
wouldnt he be a shoo in for induction then? After seeing that picture, however, its easy to see why he never got strommed
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:48 pm Not only is the Springfield crew gone, I don't think there's a crew from the 5 families based outside New York/New Jersey anymore.
what bout southrn CT like Stamford
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

CornerBoy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 am
UTC wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:26 pmSkyball's kid
wouldnt he be a shoo in for induction then? After seeing that picture, however, its easy to see why he never got strommed
He isn't directly related to the more we'll known Scibellis who once ran the Springfield crew.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CornerBoy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 am
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:48 pm Not only is the Springfield crew gone, I don't think there's a crew from the 5 families based outside New York/New Jersey anymore.
what bout southrn CT like Stamford
The Gambinos haven't had a crew based in Connecticut since the 1980s when it merged with a NY-based crew. The last case was 14 years ago and it involved associates (the DePreta case) connected to Nick Corozzo. Genovese activity has also dropped off over the last decade.
All roads lead to New York.