Anthony J. Scibelli associate of Genovese crime family’s Springfield faction pleads guilty to extortion charge

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: Anthony J. Scibelli associate of Genovese crime family’s Springfield faction pleads guilty to extortion charge

Post by Stroccos »

anyone know who A.V who was wearing the wire for the feds?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Anthony J. Scibelli associate of Genovese crime family’s Springfield faction pleads guilty to extortion charge

Post by joeycigars »

wasnt that fat fuck involved with the Latin kings case too? Sprinfield
avvocato
Straightened out

Post by avvocato »

“Scibelli, who told U.S. District Judge Mark Mastroianni he built a part-time career on caring for the elderly, threatened to hit Victim 1′s relative with a walker before his arrest.

He also told the family member, while Victim 1 hid in a different area of the house, “If any of them is covering for (Victim 1) I’m going to beat the f--- out of them,” according to the prosecutor, assistant U.S. attorney Neil Desroches.

On the recordings, Scibelli often sounded exasperated, arguing the loan wasn’t even one he made and the money he collected wasn’t his to pocket.”

Too funny. I’m sure he was winded, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Sky ball was loaded. He had a good run from what I read. Talking 1950tys to almost 2000. Whole area to himself and his crew
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

UTC wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:26 pmSkyball's kid
i'd be surprised if he was skyball's kid tbh, more likely a grandson or great nephew.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Fat boy on a diet...don't try it ! lo
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

joeycigars wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:27 am wasnt that fat fuck involved with the Latin kings case too? Sprinfield
Nah different kid... the Latin king kid was Chickie Cecchetellis newphew who was running the Latin kings and using the mount Carmel social club as like their meeting place... embarrassing ..
avvocato
Straightened out

Post by avvocato »

Scott called him a “distant relative” of the notorious Scibelli brothers, former crew bosses, Frank (Frankie Skyball) Scibelli and Albert (Baba) Scibelli, who died in 2000 and 2012 respectively.

joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

chubby wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:33 pm
joeycigars wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:27 am wasnt that fat fuck involved with the Latin kings case too? Sprinfield
Nah different kid... the Latin king kid was Chickie Cecchetellis newphew who was running the Latin kings and using the mount Carmel social club as like their meeting place... embarrassing ..
Thanks , Pretty big guys up north
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Don't want to start a new thread but figured it's worth sharing
Anthony Scibelli passed away last week
https://obits.masslive.com/us/obituarie ... d=54777764
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

avvocato wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:50 pm Scott called him a “distant relative” of the notorious Scibelli brothers, former crew bosses, Frank (Frankie Skyball) Scibelli and Albert (Baba) Scibelli, who died in 2000 and 2012 respectively.

It would definitely seem to be a distant relationship, at least in terms of blood.

Anthony Scibelli’s dad was Pasquale Scibelli, who died in 1977 when Anthony was 10 yo. Pasquale was born in 1924 in Springfield to Enrico Scibelli and Filomena DeLeva, both of Quindici, Avellino. Quindici is a principal comune for the Springfield Ital community, being the hometown of the other Scibellis, as well as the Santaniellos, Albanos, Sarnos, and many other Springfield families (Quindici was also the hometown of the mob-connected Albano and Sarno families in Chicago). The father of Frank and Albert Scibelli was Giuseppe Scibelli of Quindici. Going back a couple of generations, I wasn’t able to find any familial link between these two Scibelli branches, so unless there’s something that I missed there may not have been any meaningful relatedness apart from being paesani and perhaps very distant cousins.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Arilotta posted what looked like a recent picture with Anthony scibelli the other day when he passed. I also remember Arilotta saying on a YouTube video he still is friendly and hangs around with Calvanese and Santiello. I wasn't expected him to be killed for moving back to Springfield, but at least be shunned. Does the Westside even deal with Springfield anymore?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I don't believe we've had any sort of credible update on the crew since the 2016 LCN East Coast indictment that revealed Conrad Ianniello's acting captain Eugene O'Nofrio is overseeing Springfield and O'Nofrio wanted to propose Ralph Santaniello. I think much of what we saw from that indictment was the Genovese trying to reorganize the crew after the mess Tranghese and Arillotta caused.

I'm not sure what to think about their current status. Half of the main younger guys are/were pill popping junkies, you have Arillotta and Tranghese living back in the neighbourhood, Arillotta filming his videos at Mount Carmel Society, Arillotta associating with many of them, Chicky doing any YouTube interviews he can, and certain guys publicly labelling others (Scibelli and Calvanese) "rats". It all seems very disorganized. All of these guys are either childhood friends and/or are related to one another as well. I don't know what's going but I'll say we've seen guys fall out of favour and get chased/shelved for less.

I think the only confirmed members from the area are Mario Fiore who'll be turning 100 this year, Frank Pugliano who is also in his late 90s, and Emilio Fusco who isn't due out of prison until 2031.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:52 am I don't believe we've had any sort of credible update on the crew since the 2016 LCN East Coast indictment that revealed Conrad Ianniello's acting captain Eugene O'Nofrio is overseeing Springfield and O'Nofrio wanted to propose Ralph Santaniello. I think much of what we saw from that indictment was the Genovese trying to reorganize the crew after the mess Tranghese and Arillotta caused.

I'm not sure what to think about their current status. Half of the main younger guys are/were pill popping junkies, you have Arillotta and Tranghese living back in the neighbourhood, Arillotta filming his videos at Mount Carmel Society, Arillotta associating with many of them, Chicky doing any YouTube interviews he can, and certain guys publicly labelling others (Scibelli and Calvanese) "rats". It all seems very disorganized. All of these guys are either childhood friends and/or are related to one another as well. I don't know what's going but I'll say we've seen guys fall out of favour and get chased/shelved for less.

I think the only confirmed members from the area are Mario Fiore who'll be turning 100 this year, Frank Pugliano who is also in his late 90s, and Emilio Fusco who isn't due out of prison until 2031.
You make some good points. It would be very difficult to counter this argument
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:52 am I think the only confirmed members from the area are Mario Fiore who'll be turning 100 this year, Frank Pugliano who is also in his late 90s, and Emilio Fusco who isn't due out of prison until 2031.
Pugliano's an interesting one. In one of the several interviews Arillotta has done, he said Pugliano was called down to a meeting in New York in the mid-2000s. They wanted Pugliano to take over in Springfield while Arillotta was in prison for a few years, but Pugliano was afraid and refused to attend. Arillotta said, after that, Pugliano was effectively shelved.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'