John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Little_Al1991 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:10 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKx29N3N2Xc

Very interesting Pennisi Vid.

Gives a breakdown of the Admin. Very interesting.
Great insight.
DeSantis has had quite a run, 7 years as the Acting Boss even though Pennisi flipped.
DeSantis has lasted longer on the street then any Acting Boss that the family has had under Amuso’s reign.
The confidence that the old Brooklyn guys, who are loyal to Vic, have for Zappola is interesting because they all see, quite similar in their backgrounds but Zappola was formerly a Capo which is something that none of them, besides Frankie Bones were. Papagni was the Consigliere at one point.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:18 am Papagni was the Consigliere at one point.
Do you know anything else about this? The only source I've seen for this is a fleeting mention in the book Convictions by John Kroger but I'm not sure how accurate it is.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Yaeh pennisi was dropping some info on his last vdeo if vic amuso dies... i seen it on facebook i listened was pretty good. Says anthony bowat is probaly consig and all the brooklyn guys have the positions positions or a panel
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Sounded also like sideburns might have gotten bumped to capo he said he found it funny a guy got promoted but wouldnt say his name.... my guess
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Best video Pennisi has done in a while
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pmac2 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:46 pm Sounded also like sideburns might have gotten bumped to capo he said he found it funny a guy got promoted but wouldnt say his name.... my guess
Yeah my guess as well. Wasn't Sideburns an acting a while back?

Guessing he's taken over Big John's crew.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Pmac2 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:46 pm Sounded also like sideburns might have gotten bumped to capo he said he found it funny a guy got promoted but wouldnt say his name.... my guess
Pennisi thinks Sideburns is an informant
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:56 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:18 am Papagni was the Consigliere at one point.
Do you know anything else about this? The only source I've seen for this is a fleeting mention in the book Convictions by John Kroger but I'm not sure how accurate it is.
The internet says he became acting consigliere after Frankie Lastorino got indicted in 93 and held that spot until he himself was indicted in 96 when Louie Daidone became the official consigliere.

How accurate this is I don’t know but from the time Christy Tick got indicted to Louie Bagels taking over his spot the Luccheses had a different acting consigliere every couple of years and Papagni fits very nicely into the line of succession considering where he’s from and what he’s done.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pennisi refers to the admin as UB #2 spot and Consig as #3.
So the Consig has less power than the UB?

I always thought the UB more of a 'messengero' for the boss with the consig a consultant, somewhat removed and more a 3rd party independent of a direct line of power.
The boss gives the orders, UB ensures they're carried out, informs capos with the consig as a 3rd party consultant for advice, mediation.

Pennisi makes it sound like there is a direct line of structure, the UB holding word over the consig.

Is this the case with the modern mob do we think?

It's also interesting theat DeSimone is out as consig. Isn't that a position meant to be held for life?

Why have Desimone as consig with Georgie and Papagni in the wings? He was never referred to as acting, always official.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:29 pm Why have Desimone as consig with Georgie and Papagni in the wings? He was never referred to as acting, always official.
Per Pennisi, DiSimone was first made acting consigliere in 2017, sometime after DeSantis became acting boss. From his blog:
A high-level meeting held in Thomas Jefferson park, adjacent Harlem’s infamous Rao’s were the new Lucchese acting boss, Michael "Mikey D" DeSantis, new acting consigliere, Andrew DiSimone, acting captain, Alfred Santorelli and off-the-shelf Johnny Joe Jr. It was a reintroduction for Johnny Joe Jr to meet the new Lucchese administration. Supposedly, Johnny Joe Sr was with Lucchese boss, Vittorio "Little Vic" Amuso in prison and asked for yet another favor concerning his son.
Capeci reported in 2019 that Amuso made DiSimone the official consigliere as an "olive branch expression of good faith" to the Bronx faction. Dellorusso, then acting underboss before Crea was convicted, allegedly delivered this news to the Bronx faction "following Pennisi's disclosures" while on the stand in Eugene Castelle's trial (Pennisi took the stand in that case on 23 May 2019).
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:29 pm Pennisi refers to the admin as UB #2 spot and Consig as #3.

I always thought the UB more of a 'messengero' for the boss with the consig a consultant, somewhat removed and more a 3rd party independent of a direct line of power.
The boss gives the orders, UB ensures they're carried out, informs capos with the consig as a 3rd party consultant for advice, mediation.

Pennisi makes it sound like there is a direct line of structure, the UB holding word over the consig.

Is this the case with the modern mob do we think?

It's also interesting theat DeSimone is out as consig. Isn't that a position meant to be held for life?

Why have Desimone as consig with Georgie and Papagni in the wings? He was never referred to as acting, always official.
UB being #2 is common knowledge, altough Mannino is an interesting one, Consigliere with potentially the most power in the Gambino family
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

chin_gigante wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:08 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:29 pm Why have Desimone as consig with Georgie and Papagni in the wings? He was never referred to as acting, always official.
Per Pennisi, DiSimone was first made acting consigliere in 2017, sometime after DeSantis became acting boss. From his blog:
A high-level meeting held in Thomas Jefferson park, adjacent Harlem’s infamous Rao’s were the new Lucchese acting boss, Michael "Mikey D" DeSantis, new acting consigliere, Andrew DiSimone, acting captain, Alfred Santorelli and off-the-shelf Johnny Joe Jr. It was a reintroduction for Johnny Joe Jr to meet the new Lucchese administration. Supposedly, Johnny Joe Sr was with Lucchese boss, Vittorio "Little Vic" Amuso in prison and asked for yet another favor concerning his son.
Capeci reported in 2019 that Amuso made DiSimone the official consigliere as an "olive branch expression of good faith" to the Bronx faction. Dellorusso, then acting underboss before Crea was convicted, allegedly delivered this news to the Bronx faction "following Pennisi's disclosures" while on the stand in Eugene Castelle's trial (Pennisi took the stand in that case on 23 May 2019).
Pennisi has stated that the decision to make DiSimone the Consigliere was not Vic’s choice. He doesn’t know what’s going on in the day to day of the family. Pennisi also has said that Patty did not deliver the news to the Bronx Faction
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:48 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:01 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTcAG56Etok

Good Pennisi Vid.

All the little girls who bitch, dont watch.

But its sad you will.
Great video. Pennisi’s insight is very valuable.
I wonder how honest Pennisi is in regards to his comments about informants
During one of his first appearances on YouTube, he did mention that he does know that the Lucchese Family has the most amount of informants

I wonder if he’s trying to mess with the minds of his former friends…
How would he know how many informants the family has?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:05 am
chin_gigante wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:08 am
Pennisi has stated that the decision to make DiSimone the Consigliere was not Vic’s choice. He doesn’t know what’s going on in the day to day of the family. Pennisi also has said that Patty did not deliver the news to the Bronx Faction
He may have been referring to originally, when DiSimone was made acting consigliere. Capeci doesn't have him becoming official consigliere until over a year after Pennisi left.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:06 am How would he know how many informants the family has?
He has inferred in the past that his friends in law enforcement have told him not exactly how many informants the Lucchese family has but rather that they have the most of all the NY families.
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:29 pm Pennisi refers to the admin as UB #2 spot and Consig as #3.
The Underboss has always been the #2 spot right under the boss. We know rank doesn’t always reflected power but traditionally yes the Underboss would have more power than the Consigliere on most matters.