Andrew Scoppa

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Andrew Scoppa

Post by Newyorkempire »

motorfab wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:20 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:04 am
OcSleeper wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:42 am
Another theory is police overheard a meeting/call between New York, Buffalo, and Toronto mobsters and it was clear a move against the Rizzutos was imminent but unclear which group would execute it.

I'm a little confused here. Did this call actually happen?
Or is it a theory that a call happened?
If it comes from an article of Peter Edwards, probably not lol
Why the discredit of Edwards? Has he been caught in a lie in previous articles? If so please detail
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:16 am
motorfab wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:20 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:04 am
OcSleeper wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:42 am
Another theory is police overheard a meeting/call between New York, Buffalo, and Toronto mobsters and it was clear a move against the Rizzutos was imminent but unclear which group would execute it.

I'm a little confused here. Did this call actually happen?
If it comes from an article of Peter Edwards, probably not lol
Why the discredit of Edwards? Has he been caught in a lie in previous articles? If so please detail
He has a tendency to exaggerate or make things up. The main thing I remember is about Vito's death he said he was probably poisoned. It comes out of nowhere and nothing comes to support it. I don't like this journalist, his colleagues Lee Lamothe or Adrian Humphreys are much more relevant in my opinion
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

He never said he was probably poisoned. Hes been around forever and has inside sources in both OC and Law Enforcement
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:30 pm Any link to that article you mention? Ive never seen it and it adds even more proof to Buffalo existence if its true.
Article about the threat.
https://www.pressreader.com/canada/nati ... 9137921641

Another article that mentioned Desjardins going to NY and Buffalo a week before someone tried to kill him.
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... efendu.php
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:04 am I'm a little confused here. Did this call actually happen?
Sorry if I was unclear, this 100% was a theory. I was just speculating that maybe there was a call/meeting between NY, Buffalo, and Toronto where a move against the Rizzutos was discussed, but was unclear who would carry it out. It would explain how the police knew of it but unable to definitively say where it came from.

My thinking was if they knew NY ordered it they would of just said NY and not "or Buffalo and Toronto" and vice versa. So again it 100% was just me speculating where the uncertainty came from on the police's part.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

OcSleeper wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:23 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:30 pm Any link to that article you mention? Ive never seen it and it adds even more proof to Buffalo existence if its true.
Article about the threat.
https://www.pressreader.com/canada/nati ... 9137921641

Another article that mentioned Desjardins going to NY and Buffalo a week before someone tried to kill him.
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... efendu.php
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:04 am I'm a little confused here. Did this call actually happen?
Sorry if I was unclear, this 100% was a theory. I was just speculating that maybe there was a call/meeting between NY, Buffalo, and Toronto where a move against the Rizzutos was discussed, but was unclear who would carry it out. It would explain how the police knew of it but unable to definitively say where it came from.

My thinking was if they knew NY ordered it they would of just said NY and not "or Buffalo and Toronto" and vice versa. So again it 100% was just me speculating where the uncertainty came from on the police's part.
Interesting. Never saw that it was claimed he went to Buffalo, although unconfirmed. As a felon he would most likely have had to sneak across Lake Ontario or the Niagara River if its true.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

If true. Todaro/Sansanese still must mean more than just holding historical titles. Desjardins feeling things out through Violi connection?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

According to the authors, an english version will be released very soon
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

motorfab wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:37 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:08 am
The mafia in Toronto? Is it the Caruana- Cuntreras? Ndrangheta? Scarcellas sicilian crew? Buffalo people? Hells Angels? Some combo of all of the above? Is this Toronto mafia, a separate entity from the Montreal mafia? If the Montreal mafia is a Bonnano decina, what the fuck is the Toronto mafia? A Bonnano decina we never heard of? A Buffalo decina? Do we believe that? Does that seem right? Is Toronto under Montreal? Or no?

Which makes me think that to my knowledge the only real Crime Family in Toronto is the 'ndrina called Siderno Group (which is actually made up of several clans). So in my very humble opinion, when you read Mafia in Toronto, that's who it is, because they are the main force there.

You know, I was thinking about this. It occurred to me that if they are referring to the Siderno people in Toronto, then defacto, Italy probably means Calabria, when they said the Scoppas were recognized by the mafia in Toronto and Italy. For the Sidetno group, this would be basically interchangeable. I didnt really consider this before.

Any thoughts?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I also fall on the side that they were probably referring to Calabria. Just because they didn't specify Sicily, so I assumed it was the mainland
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

It could be that. Personally I doubt it, because I do not see why the 'ndrangheta in Calabria would give his approval for the boss of a territory of Cosa Nostra, but it is a plausible interpretation too.

I plan to read La Source very soon (just the time I finished the Calderone's book that I'm currently reading), so maybe by reading it myself I will have a more definite opinion.

At least we're right or wrong, the book fuels a lot of conversations and interpretations !
ThutmosisChen
On Record

Post by ThutmosisChen »

Moscone65 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:54 am The Siderno Group (particularly the Commisso's) are the main force of organized crime in Toronto and the greater toronto area. No other group comes close to them. They are heavily embedded with various gnags and the local hells angels, as well as the loners mc. However, a few groups have challenged them over the years. The Caruana Cuntreras with backing from montreal, some people in hamilton as well as the wolfpack guys attacked the commissos in retaliation for being ripped off in a deal. However, they were mostly on the losing side. A vaguely russian/eastern european group also challenged the commissos/hells angels recently during the tow truck wars, but a few people were clipped in north east toronto from the eastern euro side and things have calmed down. I am a local by the way.
A guy on youtube claimed that the Wolfpack was challenging the Commissos for the Rizzutos in Montreal. Personally I found it hard to believe, the Commissos had no beef with the new Rizzuto regime or do they? plus I believe the Commissos taken care of one of the gang leaders, although the nephew of Cosimo was killed by them.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

The english version of the book comes out June 2022
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

John W wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:42 am The english version of the book comes out June 2022
Thanks for keeping an eye out for this. I had no idea.

I cross-posted on GBB--what I posted there is similar to what I've posted below.

This English version of La source won't be published till June 7, 2022.

Below are the Amazon Canada and Amazon US links. As far as I know, only a paperback version will be available, and its release will not be delayed by Amazon US.

Inside the Montreal Mafia: The Confessions of Andrew Scoppa

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1770416676/ref ... 063YWZ3CRP

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1770416676/re ... 063YWZ3CRP
thesociety 89
Straightened out

Post by thesociety 89 »

It's fucking bizarre that they don't do the making ceremony is Montreal, blows my mind.