Andrew Scoppa

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Andrew Scoppa

Post by antimafia »

The co-authors of La source will be in Toronto for an in-person event this Saturday, June 4 per https://festivalofauthors.ca/event/true-crime-time/. (See also https://festivalofauthors.ca/book-autho ... ix-seguin/.)

Because of a schedule conflict on Saturday that I may be unable to resolve, I may not be able to attend the event. However, I will meet up with them afterward.

I have no idea how much time I will have to talk with them but I want to ask as many questions as I can about Scoppa, the book, Montreal, New York, and the 'ndrangheta while we do meet. Do any of you have questions you'd like me to ask of them in person?

One question I want to ask the authors is how they could tell when Scoppa was pulling their leg -- for example, he told them that Vito Rizzuto's mother was related to Paul Castellano's wife.

Because these journalists wrote an entire book about the person who confessed to the murder of Paul Cotroni, son of Frank Cotroni Sr., I do want to ask them about what steps, if any, law-enforcement agencies in Canada and the US took either a) after Massino publicly stated in his April 2011 testimony at Vinny Gorgeous's trial that Gerlando Sciascia killed Cotroni, or b) in the years before the trial, when Massino would have divulged such information to American authorities (Massino said zip when police investigators from Quebec interviewed him in the US -- he said zip about every topic, actually).
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

- In the book they mentioned a story Scoppa told them about a guy who was kidnapped in 2008 from a gas station and was tortured and the body was never found. If I'm not mistaken, the details given matched to Mario Marabella. So did they ever make the connection and if so why didn't they add it to the book? Did they ask Scoppa if it was Marabella?

- Who did they believe "the mafia of Toronto and and Italy" was?

- A few Lapresse articles have predicted a busy summer due to tensions in the mafia, have Seguin/Thibault heard this from their sources as well? What's causing the tension?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Did Scoppa give any indications as to who pulled the trigger on Nicolo Rizzuto?

With whom from NY, was Scoppa directly familiar with? Bonnanos, or otherwise?

Is Miriarchi made?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I'd be curious if they heard any intel about Montagna being known in Montreal before his deportation and anything about his earlier role as liaison. Scoppa said Montagna had known the Arcuris for "a long time".

Thank you.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

16903DEF-977B-4B1B-A2C9-7BE7FE3365FD.jpeg
D66710F9-1837-4537-83DF-534E1A02AC1C.jpeg
FE1DE7D4-E7DC-41B3-81DF-D8BB8C4128A8.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Last one.
7069090C-7F3B-41B7-AAA2-BDF27F2358A2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Wow, the board got a shoutout! Love that they wrote "Antimafia". Thanks for sharing.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Great stuff AM!
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Impressive... you obviously carry a lot of respect in the Journalism world up there..
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Nice signatures antimafia it's great that you can see or talk to these journalists. Which reminds me that I bought the book when it came out but still haven't read it. It's now time to do it !
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

(and I love what Eric Thibault wrote on your book "Le Parloir" lol)
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Hi all.

I'll post again later on Tuesday about some of the answers to the questions that OcSleeper, CabriniGreen, and B. wanted me to ask Félix Séguin and Eric Thibault. I want to say now that these were excellent questions that these posters came up with -- I didn't get as many answers as I wanted but I hope the ones I received properly addressed certain questions.

For now, as well, I do want to provide some information that Séguin gave me permission to reveal on The Black Hand Forum, which I explained to him and Thibault was an organized-crime message board on which the French-language book was being discussed. I hadn't even had a chance yet to ask him about Stefano Sollecito when Séguin brought him up.

Séguin has learned that a while back, Stefano Sollecito suffered a stroke (un AVC, or accident vasculaire cérébral) and therefore spent last winter in either Turkey or Cyprus. The stroke caused one side of Sollecito's body to be paralyzed.

For the time being, Séguin has no plans to write about this or to mention this on the investigative TV programs he does.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Thanks for the information and the effort it took to get it, it's great to have you on the forum
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Wow! Talk about a scoop! Makes the Montreal situation even more fascinating now....

Will Leo Rizzuto reconnect with Whooley to control the streets? Or is this all Barberio now? Or is it Pizzi?

Who controls the Book now I wonder? Hmmm...

If ever there was an opening for the Bonnanos to reassert themselves...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

And greatly looking forward to the upcoming post...