Andrew Scoppa

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

motorfab
Full Patched

Re: Andrew Scoppa

Post by motorfab »

I bought it 2 years ago but I only start to read it these days. I'm almost done, I highly recommend you buy it, especially if the price is low it would be a shame not to take advantage of it
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

antimafia wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:19 am Sale alert, which I received just this morning via email, re: the newly released English translation; I don't know whether this is a 1-day sale or not. I'll check again tomorrow and report back.
AM do actually HAVE the book?
My wife ordered it in Dec for Christmas and Amazon states it hasn't been released yet. I'm still waiting with no release date.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

motorfab wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:31 am I bought it 2 years ago but I only start to read it these days. I'm almost done, I highly recommend you buy it, especially if the price is low it would be a shame not to take advantage of it
Inside the Montreal Mafia? The confessions of Andrew Scoppa?

https://www.amazon.com/Inside-Montreal- ... 130&sr=8-1
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:25 pm
motorfab wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:31 am I bought it 2 years ago but I only start to read it these days. I'm almost done, I highly recommend you buy it, especially if the price is low it would be a shame not to take advantage of it
Inside the Montreal Mafia? The confessions of Andrew Scoppa?

https://www.amazon.com/Inside-Montreal- ... 130&sr=8-1
Sonny I was trying to order the paperback to and was getting the same message. Just bought it through iBooks if you have an apple
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:24 pm
antimafia wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:19 am Sale alert, which I received just this morning via email, re: the newly released English translation; I don't know whether this is a 1-day sale or not. I'll check again tomorrow and report back.
My wife ordered it in Dec for Christmas and Amazon states it hasn't been released yet. I'm still waiting with no release date.
Sorry for the late reply.

I now have four versions: two ebooks (French, English) and two paperbacks (French, English).

The sale alert was with respect to the Kobo ebook version of the newly released English translation.

Last December, via sites like Amazon and Kobo, anyone was able to preorder either the ebook or paperback version of the English edition, with Monday, June 7, 2022 having been advertised as the delivery date.

Downloading of the ebook of the preordered English edition should have been immediately available on June 7. The link on the Amazon Canada site is https://www.amazon.ca/Inside-Montreal-M ... 770416676/.

I would have expected the paperback version to have been delivered on or shortly after June 7.

The co-authors didn't see the English edition for the first time until Saturday, June 4 when they were in Toronto for the festival event. So perhaps delivery of the paperback version has been delayed?
Honk
On Record

Post by Honk »

I think mine gets delivered next week. Can’t wait to read it! The summaries one of you posted were amazing. Thanks!
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

I started and finished the English version today and in a nutshell Andrew Scoppa was a long term police informant who bitched and moaned about everyone else while never taking any responsibility for his own actions and tried to play the victim
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

John W wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:06 am I started and finished the English version today and in a nutshell Andrew Scoppa was a long term police informant who bitched and moaned about everyone else while never taking any responsibility for his own actions and tried to play the victim
Like most informants then
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Delivery next week. Thanks AM and all.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

When are we going hear the rest of what you, Felix and Thibault discussed AM? No rush just curious.
PogueMahone
Straightened out

Post by PogueMahone »

John W wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:06 am I started and finished the English version today and in a nutshell Andrew Scoppa was a long term police informant who bitched and moaned about everyone else while never taking any responsibility for his own actions and tried to play the victim
You nailed it. And I’d take most of what he said with a huge grain of salt.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

PogueMahone wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:12 am
You nailed it. And I’d take most of what he said with a huge grain of salt.
Actually, if you noticed.... they mostly only published and printed the things they could independently verify through Law Enforcement or other verified sources. The whole book is written like that.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

antimafia wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:03 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:24 pm
Sorry for the late reply.

I now have four versions: two ebooks (French, English) and two paperbacks (French, English).

The sale alert was with respect to the Kobo ebook version of the newly released English translation.

Last December, via sites like Amazon and Kobo, anyone was able to preorder either the ebook or paperback version of the English edition, with Monday, June 7, 2022 having been advertised as the delivery date.

Downloading of the ebook of the preordered English edition should have been immediately available on June 7. The link on the Amazon Canada site is https://www.amazon.ca/Inside-Montreal-M ... 770416676/.

I would have expected the paperback version to have been delivered on or shortly after June 7.

The co-authors didn't see the English edition for the first time until Saturday, June 4 when they were in Toronto for the festival event. So perhaps delivery of the paperback version has been delayed?
Hey man hope all is well, but was there anything else interesting or noteworthy from your conversations with Seguin and Thibault that you haven't shared yet. Thank you.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

The ebook is on sale again. The Kobo Canada and Amazon Canada sites are selling it for CAD$4.99; the Kobo US site for USD$4.99.

The Amazon US site is currently selling it for USD$3.66 -- see https://www.amazon.com/Inside-Montreal- ... B09MXG35TW.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Félix Séguin et le parrain de la mafia: «J’ai réalisé que cette relation professionnelle devenait trop personnelle pour lui»
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2024/ ... e-pour-lui