General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by NickyEyes1 »

There's even still one in The Heights lol
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Yeah, Michael’s is the caffè I was thinking of. Patrick of course is correct that next door to Michael’s is the Società Santa Maria Addolorata (Mola di Bari). That place has been around forever, forgot that it was still there.

You also have George’s across the street from Nottoli’s. Place is full of (legal) machines. Have to imagine they’re with someone too.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

funkster wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:40 am
NickyEyes1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:26 am
PolackTony wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:53 am
chicagodog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:20 pm Anyone live out in Elmwood Park area? Was out there helping a cousin move into an apartment. He grew up out there and I grew up in the city. He’s about 10 years younger than me so we weren’t particularly close. I hadn’t been out that way in about 5 years. Jesus I counted no fewer than 5 social clubs on Belmont alone. There’s also like 6 mini caisinos/slot rooms on Harlem alone. Anyone ever stop into one of these? The social club right by Nottoli and Sons was bumping to.
The only place I can think of by Nottoli’s on Belmont is that shady looking espresso caffè on the next block west. Haven’t been down that stretch in a minute though. That the one you’re talking about?

Have to wonder how many of the guys hanging out at these joints even live in EP today. The town is much less Italian now than it was when I was a kid.
There's a club right next door to that cafe
The cigar shop right? And yep, it's pretty amazing how many social clubs are there, i heard Scars talking about how theyre all gone in Brooklyn, wanted to tell him not in EP and some other spots lol. Relatively speaking of course.
Patrick clarified the spot. Didn't that cigar place close? Or turn into an event space? Could be wrong.

Still a bunch in Bridgeport/Armour Square. Can think of at least 5
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:50 am
chicagodog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:20 pm Anyone live out in Elmwood Park area? Was out there helping a cousin move into an apartment. He grew up out there and I grew up in the city. He’s about 10 years younger than me so we weren’t particularly close. I hadn’t been out that way in about 5 years. Jesus I counted no fewer than 5 social clubs on Belmont alone. There’s also like 6 mini caisinos/slot rooms on Harlem alone. Anyone ever stop into one of these? The social club right by Nottoli and Sons was bumping to.
The only place I can think of by Nottoli’s on Belmont is that shady looking espresso caffè on the next block west. Haven’t been down that stretch in a minute though. That the one you’re talking about?

Have to wonder how many of the guys hanging out at these joints even live in EP today. The town is much less Italian now than it was when I was a kid.
The cigar shop right? And yep, it's pretty amazing how many social clubs are there, i heard Scars talking about how theyre all gone in Brooklyn, wanted to tell him not in EP and some other spots lol. Relatively speaking of course.
Patrick clarified the spot. Didn't that cigar place close? Or turn into an event space? Could be wrong.

Cigar place and Green Star are both located across the street in Elmwood Park and are bother open. Those places are more for private parties from what I’m told.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:31 pm

Cigar place and Green Star are both located across the street in Elmwood Park and are bother open. Those places are more for private parties from what I’m told.
Gotcha. Always wondered why Elmwood Park has no social clubs, at least that I know. They are all technically Chicago. Maybe a village rule of some kind?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:33 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:31 pm

Gotcha. Always wondered why Elmwood Park has no social clubs, at least that I know. They are all technically Chicago. Maybe a village rule of some kind?
Actually just drove by Cigar place and it’s closed. Green Star is still open though.

All the social clubs tend to be on Chicago’s side. But I think there has been some in the past but not sure if any are open now. I remember one in the circle at one time
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:09 am There's even still one in The Heights lol
Yes I have seen it. It’s located in the Hill, which was the Italian neighborhood back in the day.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:27 pm
NickyEyes1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:09 am There's even still one in The Heights lol
Yes I have seen it. It’s located in the Hill, which was the Italian neighborhood back in the day.
Yep last little remaining Italian area of the heights. Although probably less and less with each passing year.

Most of the Heights Italians took Rt 30 east and moved to NW Indiana or west to Mokena/Frankfort

Went to D&D few weeks back great deli over there
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

I went to the Heights last year and drove around. Never been before (given where I’m from, anything below Pershing Rd might as well be Kankakee to me lol). Drive around Hungry Hill, went to San Rocco Parish etc. Wasn’t aware that there was still a social club there. Apart from San Rocco, one would hardly know it was ever Italian. Seems to be like at least 90% Mexican now. In much better shape though than the rest of the Heights. I also went to see Sam DiGiovanni’s old house, which is abandoned but still in relatively good shape. That area was more like Detroit than Chicagoland though, like a mini Gary. I was driving with NY plates and got pulled over almost immediately by Heights PD. I told them DiGiovanni’s crib was an historic site, to which they responded with bafflement, and then advised me to leave the area ASAP.

What’s the club that’s still in the Heights?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:33 pm That area was more like Detroit than Chicagoland though, like a mini Gary. I was driving with NY plates and got pulled over almost immediately by Heights PD. I told them DiGiovanni’s crib was an historic site, to which they responded with bafflement, and then advised me to leave the area ASAP.
Hahaha reminds me of this a tiny bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKZS6tLUXnk

(that's Rocco Martel with the hat BTW, not Naples)
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:33 pm I went to the Heights last year and drove around. Never been before (given where I’m from, anything below Pershing Rd might as well be Kankakee to me lol). Drive around Hungry Hill, went to San Rocco Parish etc. Wasn’t aware that there was still a social club there. Apart from San Rocco, one would hardly know it was ever Italian. Seems to be like at least 90% Mexican now. In much better shape though than the rest of the Heights. I also went to see Sam DiGiovanni’s old house, which is abandoned but still in relatively good shape. That area was more like Detroit than Chicagoland though, like a mini Gary. I was driving with NY plates and got pulled over almost immediately by Heights PD. I told them DiGiovanni’s crib was an historic site, to which they responded with bafflement, and then advised me to leave the area ASAP.
Gary is like nowhere else, I hear. :lol: @ the police advising that you leave. Are the Latin Kings active in the Heights or is there another Hispanic street gang that is dominant there?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

InCamelot wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:49 pm
PolackTony wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:33 pm I went to the Heights last year and drove around. Never been before (given where I’m from, anything below Pershing Rd might as well be Kankakee to me lol). Drive around Hungry Hill, went to San Rocco Parish etc. Wasn’t aware that there was still a social club there. Apart from San Rocco, one would hardly know it was ever Italian. Seems to be like at least 90% Mexican now. In much better shape though than the rest of the Heights. I also went to see Sam DiGiovanni’s old house, which is abandoned but still in relatively good shape. That area was more like Detroit than Chicagoland though, like a mini Gary. I was driving with NY plates and got pulled over almost immediately by Heights PD. I told them DiGiovanni’s crib was an historic site, to which they responded with bafflement, and then advised me to leave the area ASAP.
Gary is like nowhere else, I hear. :lol: @ the police advising that you leave. Are the Latin Kings active in the Heights or is there another Hispanic street gang that is dominant there?
Kings and Latin Counts.

Long history of black gangs too, of course. The Black P Stones had already established a chapter in the Heights in the 60s, I believe one of their first outside the city.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Ameseno Lodge #3. Established in 1913. I use to go to Enzo’s for Italian Beef every once in a while. A real good beef sandwich. At one time Al Tocco was part owner of it. Unfortunately the place closed down permanently about a month ago. Not much reason to go back to the heights. The place is a dump. Would not call it a Gary but more like an East Chicago.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Patrickgold wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:09 pm

Ameseno Lodge #3. Established in 1913. I use to go to Enzo’s for Italian Beef every once in a while. A real good beef sandwich. At one time Al Tocco was part owner of it. Unfortunately the place closed down permanently about a month ago. Not much reason to go back to the heights. The place is a dump. Would not call it a Gary but more like an East Chicago.
I didn't know that! That's a shame Enzo's was a great place. Check out the Italian deli that's still there, D&D. Definitely worth the trip
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:22 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:09 pm

I didn't know that! That's a shame Enzo's was a great place. Check out the Italian deli that's still there, D&D. Definitely worth the trip
I’ll check it out. I guess one more one hour drive south to the Heights won’t be to bad lol. I also noticed three star liquors is closed. That was located right in the middle of the hill. That place had been open for a hundred years and they had a bocci ball court behind the bar.