General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Antiliar »

Eline2015 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:52 pm When Joey Gags became a captain?
Probably when Jack Cerone was (briefly) promoted to boss in 1969.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

So anyone think Ohtani was placing bets through Gary Gags? :lol:
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

The full, uncensored, unedited version of the legendary "phone call from hell" from Jimmy Inendino is no longer on YouTube it looks like. (There are videos that feature it but chopped up and with commentary etc.). This is a huge loss for our culture.

Do any of you guys have the full recording stashed? Or know where it might be available?
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Ivan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:37 am The full, uncensored, unedited version of the legendary "phone call from hell" from Jimmy Inendino is no longer on YouTube it looks like. (There are videos that feature it but chopped up and with commentary etc.). This is a huge loss for our culture.

Do any of you guys have the full recording stashed? Or know where it might be available?
Try the Crime Inc documentary from 1983 where that call was first made public. It's on Youtube and isn't going anywhere. Most underrated mob documentary of all time across cities, but especially Chicago and New York. I've read the surveillance footage shown during the Inendino call is Harry Aleman outside of his social club on Taylor Street (Survivors Club).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82kHZwONXGU
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:27 am Try the Crime Inc documentary from 1983 where that call was first made public. It's on Youtube and isn't going anywhere. Most underrated mob documentary of all time across cities, but especially Chicago and New York. I've read the surveillance footage shown during the Inendino call is Harry Aleman outside of his social club on Taylor Street (Survivors Club).

Thanks a lot! I had the call on my YouTube workout playlist and it was supposed to come on right after "Right Now" by Van Halen but it didn't and I thought that was weird, so after exercising I looked and it had actually been deleted. :shock: :x

I'll try to extract the relevant part from Crime Inc. (found it already!) and post it to YouTube separately when I get a minute.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:27 am
Ivan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:37 am The full, uncensored, unedited version of the legendary "phone call from hell" from Jimmy Inendino is no longer on YouTube it looks like. (There are videos that feature it but chopped up and with commentary etc.). This is a huge loss for our culture.

Try the Crime Inc documentary from 1983 where that call was first made public. It's on Youtube and isn't going anywhere. Most underrated mob documentary of all time across cities, but especially Chicago and New York. I've read the surveillance footage shown during the Inendino call is Harry Aleman outside of his social club on Taylor Street (Survivors Club).

It’s a deeply underrated doc and I suspect it’s because the production feels so dated, but some of the footage and interviews they managed to add are fantastic. I always thought that surveillance was of Harlem guys dealing junk?
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I have no idea if its Chicago or NYC guys in the videos - I am in a FB group where this guy said the footage shows Aleman outside the 'Survivors Club.' He's in the plaid jacket (looks like him to me). Ironically Anthony Inendino (who I believe is a son to Jimmy I) posted that its a fake AI generated voice of his father - must have forgot the thing was made in 1983.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

The footage playing during the Inendino call is actually from New York
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:23 am Ironically Anthony Inendino (who I believe is a son to Jimmy I) posted that its a fake AI generated voice of his father - must have forgot the thing was made in 1983.
There's no way an AI could make something that perfect and beautiful, no matter how good the AI gets. :lol:

Anyway, people on Reddit I think it was were going on about Pietro LaBalestra and his crew of zips working as a small crew of the Outfit. I'd never heard of this guy before. Only real mentioning of him I could find in here is an old post where Tony just says that he's heard of him, and he's a zip in the suburbs. Have we learned more about this guy since then?

It looks like Chicagoland is still getting some Italian immigration despite the Mezzogiorno population aging and decreasing, some of these guys are still bringing their uh "tradition" with them, and interestingly unlike most in past generations they're just skipping the city entirely and going straight to the suburbs.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ivan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:40 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:23 am Ironically Anthony Inendino (who I believe is a son to Jimmy I) posted that its a fake AI generated voice of his father - must have forgot the thing was made in 1983.
There's no way an AI could make something that perfect and beautiful, no matter how good the AI gets. :lol:

Anyway, people on Reddit I think it was were going on about Pietro LaBalestra and his crew of zips working as a small crew of the Outfit. I'd never heard of this guy before. Only real mentioning of him I could find in here is an old post where Tony just says that he's heard of him, and he's a zip in the suburbs. Have we learned more about this guy since then?

It looks like Chicagoland is still getting some Italian immigration despite the Mezzogiorno population aging and decreasing, some of these guys are still bringing their uh "tradition" with them, and interestingly unlike most in past generations they're just skipping the city entirely and going straight to the suburbs.
LaBalestra has been known for years, but I'm sure Reddit made it sound like inside knowledge.
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

Hey, guys. Could please a write up about Jackie Cerone career before sixties?
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:20 am The footage playing during the Inendino call is actually from New York
Thanks for the correction Snakes. Out of curiosity, how influential was this Gerry Denono in this documentary within the Outfit? It was interesting the Milwaukee Phil story he tells but I've also read that story on this forum and its not 'Blackie' so I was just curious if he was a real person or one of the fakers.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:40 am

There’s been a lot more than just one post about LaBalestra here. For example:

viewtopic.php?p=179833#p179833

viewtopic.php?p=259159#p259159

Chicago, of course, has many Italian immigrants around as it is a major center for Italians in the US and has lots of back and forth movement to and from Italy (migration of course works both ways, and there are Chicagoans living back in their familial hometowns in Italy).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:55 pm There’s been a lot more than just one post about LaBalestra here. For example:

viewtopic.php?p=179833#p179833

viewtopic.php?p=259159#p259159

Chicago, of course, has many Italian immigrants around as it is a major center for Italians in the US and has lots of back and forth movement to and from Italy (migration of course works both ways, and there are Chicagoans living back in their familial hometowns in Italy).
Thanks Tony. Looks like I screwed up the search somehow as I didn't see it before but that "mystery of Chicago's zips" post is awesome, thanks for that writeup.

I can't find the numbers but I'd imagine the number of people moving there from Italy today is a trickle compared to prior to the 1924 immigration law. No population pressures, not a huge difference in standard of living between USA and Italy (or Western Europe in general) now, etc.
Cosmik_Debris
Associate

Post by Cosmik_Debris »

"Is dat mudda fucka der?"