General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Ivan »

Couple people who shall remain anonymous have told me that George Brown died of brain cancer around May 2020. Heard it from one person, then heard it from a completely different person who is not associated in any way with the first. Has that been reported here?
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Ivan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:22 am Couple people who shall remain anonymous have told me that George Brown died of brain cancer around May 2020. Heard it from one person, then heard it from a completely different person who is not associated in any way with the first. Has that been reported here?
He actually died of mouth cancer. Shocking that a rat would die of mouth cancer
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:26 am
Ivan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:22 am Couple people who shall remain anonymous have told me that George Brown died of brain cancer around May 2020. Heard it from one person, then heard it from a completely different person who is not associated in any way with the first. Has that been reported here?
Can't tell if this is a joke or not. :lol:
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Ivan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:02 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:26 am
Can't tell if this is a joke or not. :lol:
Not a joke
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:18 pm Not a joke
OK thanks. Yeah that's a funny irony. Would love to hear what Paulie C, what with his way with words and everything, had to say/rant about it. :)
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Ivan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:00 pm
funkster wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:11 pm Who made that chart?
Joe Puzzles
But who is that? Someone on the boards?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

funkster wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:57 pm
Ivan wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:00 pm
funkster wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:11 pm Who made that chart?
Joe Puzzles
But who is that? Someone on the boards?
Yeah, he's on here and you see him on Reddit and other places. Makes nice stuff.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Thought so, chart style looks familiar.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Good to see a chart like that in 2024.

As others have said, I can think of a few guys who should be on there off the top of my head but won’t nitpick. I am fairly confident there are a handful of guys flying under the radar as it relates to both grand ave and 26th st as well
chicagodog
Associate

Post by chicagodog »

Anyone live out in Elmwood Park area? Was out there helping a cousin move into an apartment. He grew up out there and I grew up in the city. He’s about 10 years younger than me so we weren’t particularly close. I hadn’t been out that way in about 5 years. Jesus I counted no fewer than 5 social clubs on Belmont alone. There’s also like 6 mini caisinos/slot rooms on Harlem alone. Anyone ever stop into one of these? The social club right by Nottoli and Sons was bumping to.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

chicagodog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:20 pm Anyone live out in Elmwood Park area? Was out there helping a cousin move into an apartment. He grew up out there and I grew up in the city. He’s about 10 years younger than me so we weren’t particularly close. I hadn’t been out that way in about 5 years. Jesus I counted no fewer than 5 social clubs on Belmont alone. There’s also like 6 mini caisinos/slot rooms on Harlem alone. Anyone ever stop into one of these? The social club right by Nottoli and Sons was bumping to.
Yep there's at least 15 social clubs still going in that area. Bunch on Addison too
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

chicagodog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:20 pm Anyone live out in Elmwood Park area? Was out there helping a cousin move into an apartment. He grew up out there and I grew up in the city. He’s about 10 years younger than me so we weren’t particularly close. I hadn’t been out that way in about 5 years. Jesus I counted no fewer than 5 social clubs on Belmont alone. There’s also like 6 mini caisinos/slot rooms on Harlem alone. Anyone ever stop into one of these? The social club right by Nottoli and Sons was bumping to.
The only place I can think of by Nottoli’s on Belmont is that shady looking espresso caffè on the next block west. Haven’t been down that stretch in a minute though. That the one you’re talking about?

Have to wonder how many of the guys hanging out at these joints even live in EP today. The town is much less Italian now than it was when I was a kid.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:53 am
The only place I can think of by Nottoli’s on Belmont is that shady looking espresso caffè on the next block west. Haven’t been down that stretch in a minute though. That the one you’re talking about?

Have to wonder how many of the guys hanging out at these joints even live in EP today. The town is much less Italian now than it was when I was a kid.
There's a club right next door to that cafe
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:26 am

There's a club right next door to that cafe
The cigar shop right? And yep, it's pretty amazing how many social clubs are there, i heard Scars talking about how theyre all gone in Brooklyn, wanted to tell him not in EP and some other spots lol. Relatively speaking of course.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Less than a block west of Nottoli’s is Michael’s cafe and next door to that is Bari Social Club. A block or two east of Nottoli’s is “The Patch” social club. All those places got the slot machines that are owned by Cassano. You would be surprised that there are still a lot of people from the neighborhood that go to these places.

It’s also worth mentioning that Gino Cassano has a cafe called “Da Park” at the intersection of Forest Preserve and Addison. Some high stake games go on in that place.

I think one of the reasons that there are so many social clubs in this area is bc it’s still relatively cheap to rent and there is still a lot of Europeans in the area, obviously not as much as before.