Asaro Clan Info + Early Castellammarese Mafia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Asaro Clan Info + Early Castellammarese Mafia

Post by CabriniGreen »

This seemed a good fit for the thread....

Mafia, Castellammare del Golfo. The arrest of the boss Mariano Asaro
07/07/2020
advertisement
The Carabinieri of the Investigative Unit of the Provincial Command of Trapani, arrested, in execution of the order of precautionary custody issued by the investigating judge of the Court of Palermo at the request of the local Public Prosecutor's Office - DDA - 2 top representatives of the mafia families of Castellamare del Golfo and Paceco, by mafia-type association. Another 2 suspects were reached by an order to submit to the obligation to stay and one by interdictive measure. Dozens of searches were also carried out.

The investigations, coordinated by the Chief Prosecutor Francesco Lo Voi, the Deputy Prosecutor Paolo Guido and the Deputy Prosecutor Gianluca De Leo, have made it possible to demonstrate the persistence of the belonging of the prejudiced mafia ASARO Mariano to the mafia association. Asaro was released after a long detention in June 2018, but the investigations of the Carabinieri made it possible to monitor the relationships that he continued to have with various mafia members, including COPPOLA Rocco and SALERNO Carmelo, the latter task from the same Precautionary measure is already held as recipient of OCC in the so-called PG operation SCRIGNO.

In many of the confidential meetings, ASARO was surprised to express all his hatred towards the top of the mafia family of Castellamare del Golfo, DOMINGO Francesco, as well as the collaborators of justice and in particular towards those who had accused him of the murder of the public prosecutor of Trapani, Giangiacomo CIACCIO MONTALTO, except for the collaborator MILAZZO Francesco Giuseppe, who by the same admission of ASARO, had "saved" him by declaring his extraneousness to that murder.

The history of ASARO's belonging to Cosa Nostra begins even before the 1980s, it is affiliated to the mafia family of Castellamare del Golfo, within which it held an apical position and in the past was authorized by the top of the Cosa Nostra, in particular by Vincenzo Virga, to have relationships with Middle Eastern characters who supply explosives. He was also a long fugitive and included in the list of the thirty most dangerous fugitives until his arrest in 1997.

His name, along with that of other exponents of Cosa Nostra, including AGATE Mariano and L'ALA Natale, is part of the list of members of the Masonic covered lodge "Iside 2" discovered in 1986 within the Scontrino club . Accused, but later acquitted, of the most serious blood events in the mafia history of the province of Trapani, he was then definitively sentenced several times for mafia association, possession of weapons and extortion.

The Carabinieri, at the disposal of the District Anti-Mafia Directorate, are also searching the home and office of the Mayor of the Municipality of Paceco, who has been the recipient of an invitation to interrogate the Judicial Authority and guarantee information for the crime of external competition in mafia association.

07/07/2020
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Domingo might not be firmly in charge....

https://trapani.gds.it/articoli/cronaca ... 8268091ee/
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

MENU
TPGDS 160 years anniversaryGDS 160 years anniversary
SEARCH ON GDS

CHRONICLE
REVIEW
Mafia, politics and health: the arrest of the boss of Castellammare Mariano Asaro revoked
July 25, 2020

mafia, Mariano Asaro, Trapani, Chronicle
In the box the boss Mariano Asaro
The Review Court canceled the arrest of the boss Mariano Asaro of Castellammare del Golfo known as the dentist. Two weeks ago, the man, enrolled in the Masonic lodge Isis 2, had been arrested by the carabinieri at the request of the prosecutors of the DDA of Palermo, as part of an investigation in which the former regional deputy Paolo Ruggirello was involved (arrested on March 5 last year in the Scrigno blitz) and the mayor of Paceco, Giuseppe Scarcella, investigated for external competition in a mafia association, who addressed the boss calling him "Don Mariano".
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Since the Adragna name came up a couple of times earlier in connection to early Castellammarese criminal/mafia activity, thought I'd mention that "Good Killer" Francesco Puma from Castellammare (murdered 1922) arrived to the US from a visit to Sicily alongside a Filippo Adragna, son of Vito, heading to a brother named Andrea Adragna in Williamsburg.

Joseph Adragna, whose brothers were members in Pittsburgh and San Jose, was a made member who lived in Williamsburg. Likely a Bonanno member. His father was Giuseppe and came from Trapani, though I haven't been able to pinpoint if they were from Castellammare specifically. The "Adragna gang" referred to during the 1890's Castellammare mafia investigation doesn't imply they lived in Castellammare, only that they hid out with the Castellammarese leadership. However, as Puma's traveling partner shows there were def Castellammarese Adragnas as well.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Another Bonventre / Asaro connection:

- San Diego-based LA member Biaggio Bonventre's sister was married to an Asaro. Bonventre came to the US from San Vito Lo Capo (near Castellammare) and lived in Detroit before California, but not sure where the sister lived. Not sure if or how either of them connect to the Castellammare / Bonanno Bonventres and Asaros but this Bonventre was a mafioso from Trapani and we see the names connected yet again.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:00 am
felice wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:36 am some weeks ago there has been a nice police operation against the castellammare del golfo family and I got some papers about it:

Francesco Domingo is the current family boss.
Francesco Domingo's aunt was married to mariano maranzano, probably brother of Salvatore. he 's considered to be figlioccio of Antonino Montagna (father of Sal), figlioccio means he was sponsored by Montagna so we can assume Sal Montagna's father is a Castellammare del Golfo family member

In the summer of 2016 Antonino Mistretta a Bonanno family member visited Domingo. Mistretta is a close associate of Baldo Amato. Mistretta's boss is now named Joe.
Michele Domingo brother of Francesco lives in NY and he is part of the group.
Another subject who visited Domingo is Giovanni Carollo identified by the FBI as a Bonanno family member, another one is Giuseppe Vultaggio from Alcamo who is a mafioso active in the USA
A complimentary article here....

https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2020/0 ... i/5836303/
'Maurizio Gaspare Mulè' Any relation to Natale Mule who was Joseph Grimaldi's acting captain?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:01 am
felice wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:36 am some weeks ago there has been a nice police operation against the castellammare del golfo family and I got some papers about it:

Francesco Domingo's aunt was married to mariano maranzano, probably brother of Salvatore. he 's considered to be figlioccio of Antonino Montagna (father of Sal), figlioccio means he was sponsored by Montagna so we can assume Sal Montagna's father is a Castellammare del Golfo family member

In the summer of 2016 Antonino Mistretta a Bonanno family member visited Domingo. Mistretta is a close associate of Baldo Amato. Mistretta's boss is now named Joe.
Another subject who visited Domingo is Giovanni Carollo identified by the FBI as a Bonanno family member, another one is Giuseppe Vultaggio from Alcamo who is a mafioso active in the USA

'Maurizio Gaspare Mulè' Any relation to Natale Mule who was Joseph Grimaldi's acting captain?
Cant say for certain, but its likely.....
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

interesting, there was a meeting between the capimandamento of trapani province except that of castelvetrano led by messina denaro
nash143
Straightened out

Post by nash143 »

A bit more Asaro info...

I viewed a 1905 Passenger list document that detailed Rosalie Iracomo (sp?) (wife of Girolamo b.1857) and children Giuseppe Asaro, Vincenzo Asaro, Michele Asaro and Brigida Asaro were all heading for Girolamo (Husband/Father) and sons Mariano and Giuseppe at 243 Elizabeth St.

The interesting part is that on the same document are another set of Asaros- Vincenzo (b.1860), his wife Illuminata DiSalvo, and their children Guiseppa, Brigida, Mariano and Guiseppe. This family of Asaros are aiming to join oldest son Nicolo, also at 243 Elizabeth St.
Giving the similarity of children names and destination address, surely Girolamo b.1857 and Vincenzo b.1860 are brothers?

Furthermore, Illuminata DiSalvo has a set of interesting in-laws,- her sister Rose married Vito Bonventre b.1875, her brother Giuseppe married Angelica Bonventre (sister of Vito b.1875), her sister Anna married Sebastiano Bonventre (brother of Vito b.1875) and her brother Michele married a Giuseppina Asaro (link to other Asaro unknown).
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Awesome info. More connections, unsurprising but always cool to find that out. Especially interesting given the elder Stefano Magaddino's letter to Girolamo Asaro concerned issues with the same Vito Bonventre and apparently his father. Because Bonventre was related by marriage to Asaro, it would make sense Magaddino in Sicily would direct his concerns about Bonventre to Asaro in the USA.

If that Vincenzo Asaro's eldest son was named Mariano like Girolamo's eldest son, it's a good indication they are brothers as Girolamo's father was Mariano and they always name the eldest son after the grandfather.

So Girolamo Asaro's son-in-law was Vito Bonventre (Joe Bonanno's uncle), while his sister-in-law's sister was married to the other Vito Bonventre (Schiro/Maranzano capodecina), who in turn was a cousin of the Bonanno Bonventres. It's interrelation and mafia membership through and through for these people and we still don't know all of the connections, especially earlier.

The FBI's dead list has an Antonino Bonventre (d. 1966) who it says was another brother of Bonanno's uncle Giovanni Bonventre. All four of Antonino's brothers were made members, so he may have been a member too given the FBI listed him. I suspect he might be the grandfather of current Bonanno member Antonino Bonventre given the naming tradition. It would explain why the current Antonino "Nana" Bonventre is called cousin by Vinnie Asaro, as it would mean both Nana and Vinnie Asaro share a great-uncle in Vito Bonventre.
nash143
Straightened out

Post by nash143 »

I find it all extremely interesting and confusing in equal measures. I'm currently 'mapping out' a family tree of them all.

Something i forgot to mention was that Vincenzo Asaro (b.1860)'s daughter Giuseppa married Nicolo Buccellato, son of Giovanni b.1845 mentioned earlier in the thread.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

nash143 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:56 pm I find it all extremely interesting and confusing in equal measures. I'm currently 'mapping out' a family tree of them all.

Something i forgot to mention was that Vincenzo Asaro (b.1860)'s daughter Giuseppa married Nicolo Buccellato, son of Giovanni b.1845 mentioned earlier in the thread.
That makes Nicolo Buccellato the brother of future Castellammare boss Felice Buccellato as well as Girolamo Asaro's close associate Martino. Martino Buccellato was supervised by Asaro in the Costa murder and Martino's brother was the son-in-law of Asaro's brother. The tapestry gets woven even tighter with each find, great job.

It's looking like Girolamo Asaro's brother Vincenzo Asaro is a candidate for the early Orlando/Schiro family given his marital ties to important mafia names and his brother's mafia status.
blackhander
Associate

Post by blackhander »

There is a photo here of Girolamo Asaro > https://www.instagram.com/p/BvpSgdvluYE/

or here if you don't like Instagram > https://www.gangrule.com/wp-content/upl ... _nfull.jpg
nash143
Straightened out

Post by nash143 »

I am attempting to map out a family tree that details CDG-born Bonanno members (+ Magaddino) and their offspring. I've come up against a few dead-ends.

Can anyone help identify paternal links for the following Bonanno members?

- Joseph Sabella b. c1965
- Antonino Bonventre b.1930 (Father of Giacomo)
- Giuseppe Buccellato b.1912 - I have his Father as Filippo b. 1876 - does anyone know how Filippo ties into the other Buccellatos?

Any help appreciated!
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

I found this about Gaspar DiGregorio's second wife Vita La Sala, her mother was Mary Asaro.