Asaro Clan Info + Early Castellammarese Mafia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Re: Asaro Clan Info + Early Castellammarese Mafia

Post by HairyKnuckles »

motorfab wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:58 pm As usual, excellent work B., thanks for the read
I fully agree!

Very interesting thread.
There you have it, never printed before.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

some weeks ago there has been a nice police operation against the castellammare del golfo family and I got some papers about it:

Francesco Domingo is the current family boss.
Francesco Domingo's aunt was married to mariano maranzano, probably brother of Salvatore. he 's considered to be figlioccio of Antonino Montagna (father of Sal), figlioccio means he was sponsored by Montagna so we can assume Sal Montagna's father is a Castellammare del Golfo family member

In the summer of 2016 Antonino Mistretta a Bonanno family member visited Domingo. Mistretta is a close associate of Baldo Amato. Mistretta's boss is now named Joe.
Michele Domingo brother of Francesco lives in NY and he is part of the group.
Another subject who visited Domingo is Giovanni Carollo identified by the FBI as a Bonanno family member, another one is Giuseppe Vultaggio from Alcamo who is a mafioso active in the USA
Last edited by felice on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

So Antonino Mistretta and Giovanni Carollo have been identified by the FBI as made Bonanno members? Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

A Santo Vultaggio was involved in bootlegging operations for Salvatore Maranzano in Poughkeepsie in 1931. A Frank Vultaggio was arrested with Patsy "Turregno" (arrested in Apalachin in 1957) in Binghampton in 1931, and a Bartolo Vultaggio also in Binghampton that same year, all for bootlegging.

in 1908 a Giovanni Carollo was allegedly burned to death in an oven by bakers and brothers Giuseppe and Vito Bonventre, and their aides Gaspare Galante and "Stadler" Lisante. In reality they allegedly strangled Carollo for getting behind on a loan and dumped his body in a sack in a vacant lot. Vito Bonventre would be the same man who gave Joe Bonanno a job as a truck driver for his bakery in 1924.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

yes, it's a generic "member" anyway, it doesn't implicit they are formally made but I highly think so, especially for Mistretta
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

the father of sal montagna was a member of cosa nostra in sicily?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks. I'm guessing Mistretta is related to deceased Bonsnno member Frank "Cheesecake" Mistretta?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

With all these connection seen here really makes you wonder what is going on with the whole sicilian zip faction capos being shelved
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Maybe Jerry Asaro who's getting released could step up the void
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

felice wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:49 pm yes, it's a generic "member" anyway, it doesn't implicit they are formally made but I highly think so, especially for Mistretta
Who is Joe? His boss, a Bonnano capo? An American?Or is this a Sicilian mafioso?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

felice wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:36 am some weeks ago there has been a nice police operation against the castellammare del golfo family and I got some papers about it:

Francesco Domingo's aunt was married to mariano maranzano, probably brother of Salvatore. he 's considered to be figlioccio of Antonino Montagna (father of Sal), figlioccio means he was sponsored by Montagna so we can assume Sal Montagna's father is a Castellammare del Golfo family member

In the summer of 2016 Antonino Mistretta a Bonanno family member visited Domingo. Mistretta is a close associate of Baldo Amato. Mistretta's boss is now named Joe.
Another subject who visited Domingo is Giovanni Carollo identified by the FBI as a Bonanno family member, another one is Giuseppe Vultaggio from Alcamo who is a mafioso active in the USA
If you feel like posting a breakdown, or anything additional, you have a captive audience. Very interested in what LE has to say from the other side...

Also felice, have you heard anything about ties between the Americans, and mafiosi from Partanico or Camporeale? Super madamento?

Any thought you have are greatly appreciated.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

felice wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:36 am some weeks ago there has been a nice police operation against the castellammare del golfo family and I got some papers about it:

A complimentary article here....

https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2020/0 ... i/5836303/
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Thank you, my friend! We have another thread going about the articles that have come out regarding Sciacca boss Dimino's ties to the Bonannos, plus these recent Domingo / Asaro cases in Castellammare, but we were missing many details which you have provided.

- Joe Cammarano Jr. was the acting boss of the Bonanno family circa summer 2016, so it is probably referring to him as "Joe". Cammarano's father-in-law is Vito Grimaldi who was a captain at the time and described by Capeci as influential with the Bonanno "zip faction".

- Antonino Mistretta and Sal Montagna were both associates of Baldo Amato dating back to the early 1990s. The old Bonanno member Frank Mistretta had Castellammarese heritage and if I have the right records, his grandfather in Castellammare was named Antonino, would could suggest common ancestry with the current Antonino Mistretta.

- I am not surprised to see that Antonino Montagna is a Sicilian mafia member. The Montagnas are very close to the Domingos in the US and when I saw that Franco Montagna (Sal's brother) traveled to Sicily with Stefano Turricano of the Castellammarese family, I began to suspect the Montagnas go deeper in the mafia than we were previously aware. This changes much of the previous discussion about Montagna.

- As mentioned in this thread's original post, the old time Bonanno member Santo Vultaggio's mother was an Asaro, so we see these names again.

--

Side note, but I made some edits to the original post in this thread. Nothing major, just some past notes from Jimmy Buccellato and JD that clarified certain details. The councilman Borruso who testified on Girolamo's behalf in his extradition trial for example was related to the Bartolomeo Asaro referenced in Chris Christie's post, which is telling.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I've confirmed that Bonanno member Andrew Asaro was also a cousin of the well-known Asaros. I've edited the original post, but to sum it up, his father Giuseppe was the nephew of the elder Girolamo Asaro. Giuseppe's father in Castellammare was Giacomo Asaro, so that's a name to look for in early Castellammare records. Like the marriage of Girolamo Asaro's daughter, this branch of the Asaros has a blood relation to Giordanos via Giuseppe's aunt in Castellammare, showing those names are intertwined on two fronts.