Bust Today with DeCavalcante Tie

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Bust Today with DeCavalcante Tie

Post by Wiseguy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:15 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:26 am
joerock wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:31 am They been doing a good job keeping quite since the Stango bust then
Or there may be little activity. Who knows.
It's New Jersey, probably the most fertile ground in the entire country for the mafia today besides maybe Staten Island. Them keeping a low profile with less LE pressure is far more likely than them having 'little activity'.
I'm not sure a small family has been as hit hard in so short a time as the DeCavalcantes were in the late 1990's and early 2000's. They had their entire administration, 5 captains, and several other soldiers and associates indicted within the space of a few years. This reportedly reduced the family to that of a "skeleton crew." Granted, that was 20 years ago but the indictments since then show the family didn't exactly bounce back, even though they have managed to maintain their membership for the most part (definitely a result of being Jersey-based). In the last one case, however, Stango was recorded as saying "we're weak."
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:24 pm Less LE pressure is a result declining activity. Like every other group outside of the big 5 the DeCavalcantes are winding down.

Pogo
pointupindex.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

If Buffalo is chugging along with 30 members I see no reason why the DeCavs should be in decline.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:06 pm If Buffalo is chugging along with 30 members...
bridges-for-sale.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:19 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:06 pm If Buffalo is chugging along with 30 members...
bridges-for-sale.jpg
You are honestly one of the lamest and most corny individuals on the internet. You stalk multiple websites 24/7 to add absolutely nothing to small family discussions. Get a life? smh :lol:

You ruin so many threads about families outside the main 5, and the mods looks past it because you are good at being a dork and pulling up info anyone could, if they had nothing better to do. Sad.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

And speaking of people who add nothing and try to ruin threads. :roll:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

Guess when the next big bust happens more info will come
Out if there will be another, they are a very fascinating family
To say the least.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 pm You are honestly one of the lamest and most corny individuals on the internet. You stalk multiple websites 24/7 to add absolutely nothing to small family discussions. Get a life? smh :lol:
I'd ask what "multiple websites" I stalk 24/7 but I know you couldn't give me any.

And, when it comes to small family discussions, I add facts (whether they're popular or not). Which is more than you've ever done.
You ruin so many threads about families outside the main 5, and the mods looks past it because you are good at being a dork and pulling up info anyone could, if they had nothing better to do. Sad.
You say I "pull up info anyone could" but many (including you) don't. Or can't.
MSFRD
Straightened out

Post by MSFRD »

How many young Italian guys are there in Jersey associated or on the periphery with them though? There are knowledgeable Jersey posters here; Any young feeder groups looking to get made? A handful of 60-70 year old men are just loosely interconnected crooks.
joerock
Straightened out

Post by joerock »

MSFRD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:27 am How many young Italian guys are there in Jersey associated or on the periphery with them though? There are knowledgeable Jersey posters here; Any young feeder groups looking to get made? A handful of 60-70 year old men are just loosely interconnected crooks.
The young guys who got busted were a bunch of wiggers
Anthony Stango
Rosario Pali
they all dressed like gangster rappers lol that Mario Galli kid maybe but he's rlly just a coke dealer from what the internet tells us, I'm sure there's plenty of young up and comers we just don't know about them
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Buffalo might have close to 30 members like Violi said, but how many are active is the key. Probably less then half.

Jersey can't have much going on, don't the Gambinos pick the admin or approve it
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

And how many of the Buffalo members reside in the U.S. Frankly, what do most of the crime families have going on? It's not Canada. Italians have always been small timers in the drugs world. And yes, that also means H. In the 70s, blacks, Jews, and Mexicans imported.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

outfit guy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:29 am And yes, that also means H. In the 70s, blacks, Jews, and Mexicans imported.
Since the late 30s....
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

MSFRD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:27 am How many young Italian guys are there in Jersey associated or on the periphery with them though? There are knowledgeable Jersey posters here; Any young feeder groups looking to get made? A handful of 60-70 year old men are just loosely interconnected crooks.

A 1988 report had the family at 80 Associates. A 2005 report had them at 50 Associates. Now obviously the number of Associates can fluctuate depending on the definition of Associate and how loose you want to make it but it is clear from all accounts that this a small and weak group.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:01 pm I'm not sure a small family has been as hit hard in so short a time as the DeCavalcantes were in the late 1990's and early 2000's. They had their entire administration, 5 captains, and several other soldiers and associates indicted within the space of a few years. This reportedly reduced the family to that of a "skeleton crew." Granted, that was 20 years ago but the indictments since then show the family didn't exactly bounce back, even though they have managed to maintain their membership for the most part (definitely a result of being Jersey-based). In the last one case, however, Stango was recorded as saying "we're weak."

A LE official also referred to them as weak back in 2006.

Pogo
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

They’re still around and active, trust me. Yes they got absolutely murdered by indictments in the late 1990s and early 2000s but they’re still around kicking. Like I have said before , They are extremely old school and more like a Sicilian clan, you’re not going to see them posting pics on Instagram. The majority of the old heads in the family were actually born in Sicily or their parents were and speak fluent Italian. They are actually probably the most Italian and not Italian-American out of all the families still around.That Stango Crew in Toms River bust in 2015 were brokesters who were outliers in the family and not your typical DeCavs. They’re still around Construction.