19 arrests between Usa and Sicily, Gambino-Inzerillo families

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: 19 arrests between Usa and Sicily, Gambino-Inzerillo families

Post by Frank »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:27 pm Now can someone explain this to me... ...

Where do the Inzerillos begin and end in the Gambinos, and is their loyalty ultimately to NY, Sicily, or, as I suspect, ( and it's sort of backed up by their actions...) their OWN business interest.....

Does no one else find it bizzare, that there's legal betting shops setting up in Jersey, but Gambino family money ( or was it? it wasnt clear to me...) was used to open betting shops in Sicily? And WHERE does that money GO? Do they kick up to America, NY, I mean?

( To be fair, if it was a loan, they most likely paid points...)

Or that Gambino money was used to supply supermarkets or whatever in Sicily like Castellano did in NY in the 80s?
Then the reports of Calis fruit business, and his ties to the groves in Sicily and Calabria, so maybe it's a mutual thing?
I had heard the mafia in some areas was supplementing the pizzo with this enforced coffee supply thing.....

So they actually do really pay people for votes in Italy. It makes the whole ordeal they portrayed in Gommorah more intriguing.....

They turned down a chance to take a big role in Leandro Grecos summit. ( Intelligent, but ultimately didnt matter..) The formal dismantling of the Corleonesi, and institution of the " Palermonesi" structure.
They seem to want JUST enough power to ensure the success of their business ventures, but not too into mafia politics. Even the election of Gambino seems to have been aimed at solidifying business relationships.
They are described as All business, All the time....
Very quiet..... Old School....
Just like the Gambino Bros, some are made in the Gambino Family and some are made in Sicily.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:35 pm Supposedly, They say the numbers of non corleonesi murdered were over 1,000 , Or in the Thousands compared to supposedly between 100-200 Corleonesi. They cite these numbers in many different articles . I'd like to see reports with exact figures and of Who was exactly killed . I cant find anything anywhere except the same old shit
it is difficult to know it exactly... anyway i think these numbers are probably close to the truth considering the huge numbers of organized crime related murders at that time in italy, 700 in 1991 only
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

Don't know if mentioned already, but is the Zito arrested related to Gambino soldier Santo Zito? And if so, in what way?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

And I thought Rosario was in prison in Italy serving a sentence. All I remember was when he got out of US prison they sent him to Italy to serve a sentence..he was in a wheel chair at the time
Frank
Full Patched

Re: Philadelphia property raided, linked to Sicilian mafia

Post by Frank »

:geek: w
I think the article has it wrong. Cali was born in the United States.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Rocco wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:20 am And I thought Rosario was in prison in Italy serving a sentence. All I remember was when he got out of US prison they sent him to Italy to serve a sentence..he was in a wheel chair at the time
I think he filed an appeal in 2014 or something like that and was released.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

This case is mostly or all about real estate transactions between those arrested. There is a lot of name dropping and mentions of past crimes, but the entire case seems to come down to property deals. They also mention extortion, but give no examples of who was extorted. All the big crimes they mentioned were committed years ago mostly in Sicily, and are not part of the case. Is the whole thing just for show?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

They used the guys post as Mayor, and political clout to eliminate competition in the local economic sector in Torretta Palermo, surrounding areas. That's how I read it. That and the Gambling, and the forced buying of coffee too... that's a substitute for pizzo....

I've read about that somewhere else.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Oh, and Simone Zito straight up rigged an election
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:02 pm Oh, and Simone Zito straight up rigged an election
https://vivicentro.it/regioni/isole/cro ... n-sicilia/
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:02 pm Oh, and Simone Zito straight up rigged an election

CHRONICLE • ISLANDS - CHRONICLE
From residence in America he had the mayor elected in Sicily
18 July 2019 9:29

From that residence he discussed the duties of councilors and councilors in the municipality of Torretta (PA), indicating their names and tasks .

They called them "the escapes", but from the USA, refuge after the defeat with the Corleonese, they had returned. The New Connection blitz by Police and FBI, between Palermo and New York, was against the Mafia of Passo di Rigano. In handcuffs they ended up in 19 , including Salvatore Gambino, mayor of Torretta. To boast of having made him elect Simone Zito, for now a fugitive.

Palermo-New York, thousands of miles away but close, so close when talking about Cosa Nostra .

A historical axis, between the Big Apple and the Sicilian capital, which is once again topical. The Palermo police have dealt a severe blow to the Mafia district of Passo di Rigano, disrupting the summit. On 16 July in fact, more than 200 men from the Palermo Flying Squad, the Central Police Service of the State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) of New York, carried out 19 precautionary measures ordered by the District Anti-Mafia Directorate of the Public Prosecutor's Office of Palermo . Among those arrested there is a Gambino, an apparent unsuspected, in fact it is the mayor of Torretta, Salvatore.

In the target group, as many representatives and people close to the Mafia district of Passo di Rigano, who will have to answer, for various reasons, crimes of mafia-type criminal association, aggravated extortion, external competition in mafia association, fraudulent transfer of aggravated values, unfair competition aggravated by the Mafia method and others. The investigations of the operation, called "New connection", recorded the strong bond established between Cosa Nostra Palermo and US organized crime, with particular reference to the powerful Gambino Crime Family of New York, as well as the strong pervasive capacity of the family mafia of Passo di Rigano, on the legal economy of the neighborhood, according to a widespread division of roles and tasks: from wholesale food supply to classic extortion, through the management of games and online betting.

In the interceptions of the investigators, one of the arrested, Simone Zito, resident in America, reveals that he was the architect of the election of the first citizen of Torretta, also arrested . Simone's son, Calogero, discusses the assignment of councilors and councilors with another man, indicating the names.

Salvatore Gambino, now former mayor of Torretta, would have been a mayor in the hands of the bosses. He has now been suspended by the Prefecture of Palermo and is in prison for competition in mafia association. He had always talked about his direct and indirect relationships . His wife is the nephew of the Mafioso Rosario Di Maggio, while the mayor's father is a cousin of Antonino Pipitone, a powerful boss in the area.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

[

However, the investigators were struck by his presence at the baptism of Calogero's son, Christian Zito, who was arrested in the blitz. In some conversations Gambino appeared to be submissive to Zito "... as soon as you finish call me and we will update and stay together a little no, this morning we worked ... I would like to share some thoughts with you ..."

In an interception of May 2018, Zito proposed the name of a woman to be included in the list, such "Rosaria ... Rossana". Well, the investigators note, among the ranks of the civic list headed by Salvatore Gambino, was Rosaria Pipitone, today Torretta's municipal councilor "... she gives it to me tonight. Tonight he gives me the name, tonight he gives me the name ... we need female comrades , we arrived with the males, "asked Gambino. Zito's reply: "Rosaria ... I look at Rossana ... Rossana can go on board".

In the interceptions Zito reported his contacts with such Totò, to whom he had guaranteed the support for the appointment as a councilor of a third subject. But there was also talk of hiring (such as Calogero Scalici and Mariarosa Badalamenti), appointments to the city council presidency and to the technical office. This is why Zito has been campaigning for Gambino "... listen to me ... it takes ten votes at the Torretta for ten votes for Capaci ... you tell him ... call us tomorrow ... and you tell him listen to me ... if you want ten votes in Capaci it takes ten votes to the Tower ”.

Once again, therefore, the endemic presence of the mafia in the local elections is confirmed .

" For now I'm looking for votes, " said one. The other replied, " Looking for votes ... for your godson?" ": Calogero Badalamenti and Simone Zito, arrested in the dda operation against the Inzerillo and Gambino clans, not knowing they were intercepted, talked about the mayoral race . Today Gambino ended up in jail due to external competition in a Mafia association.

"It must first be observed - writes the magistrate who ordered the arrest, among others by Christian Zito - how a perfectly symbiotic relationship emerged between the mayor and Calogero Christian Zito, in the choices concerning alliances, political tactics , to the subjects to be included in the list as candidates for the office of municipal councilor and to the appointment of technicians “.

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

In the provision of the magistrate, the arrest of persons operating in the territory of Torretta, those who had close contact with the United States, was established. Involved is also the mayor who would have made himself available to the mafia family for various favors, " says the Public Prosecutor of Palermo, Francesco Lo Voi, referring to the arrest of Salvatore Gambino, mayor of Torretta in the province of Palermo.

Eloquent of the world of the mafia and especially of Sicily (known from always contiguous if not also woven to that of many politicians, men and women, belonging to the long-standing transversal nomenclatures), interceptions .

The mafia leader Tommaso Inzerillo feared that the new recruits would regret having been arrested, so that he did not attend the meeting of the new dome . Inzerillo doubted the "keeping" of the new levers of Cosa Nostra as it comes out of an interception on January 22, 2019. Inzerillo was a cousin of the boss Totuccio killed in the first mafia war on May 11, 1981 in Palermo and spoke with Giuseppe Spatola and Gabriele Militello of Leandro Greco, nephew of the 'father' of Cosa nostra Michele, designated to enter the newly constituted commission of Cosa Nostra. "He is twenty-four, he empties as soon as he enters (collaborates, ed)".

However, Greco was later arrested, but did not cooperate with the prosecutors, unlike two other mafia bosses who ended up with him in handcuffs, Colletti and Bisconti, who instead regretted it . Inzerillo preferred to send his man, Giovanni Buscemi.

In another interception, Tommaso Inzerillo remembers the mafia war with the Corleonese "It broke out for a wrong word, a misunderstanding", he says on December 8, 2017 when he meets Michele Micalizzi and his mafia victim, Giuseppe, "We are at this point, to this point to a word, to you it seems to you a joke, the world has ended for a word, a brother cannot say a word? ".

The dialogue is intercepted by investigators. Micalizzi answers "The word is over". And Inzerillo “Una! I'm saying it here, with a word of honor ". "What are you saying as well ... if you reflect, summing up, because they were with Riina, as long as there is ... one, a word, no two, capable even of Riina, if that reflected at this point we would not be there, let me explain , do you have any, but get up, it may be that if you thought about it at this point, maybe, I reflected, because you wanted me ... ".

Speaking with another Mafioso resident in America, Tommaso Inzerillo, he remembered the escape in the US "The ban was since then, as I was telling you, it's a situation of my cousin, that some are going to America ... Others, to tell you that here we are, we are all stuck, we are great . Now let's see, now with this death (refers to that of Totò Riina, ed) ... You see it if God forbid my cousin died and Stefano (Bontade, ed) remained alive ”. The reference is to the possible revenge that Bontade, head of the Villagrazia mafia slaughtered by Riina, would have put into effect if he had remained alive "That one, see that he reset them", replies the interlocutor "Minchia ... Mama ... One hundred picciotti ... One hundred and twenty were with him "Comments Inzerillo.

Adduso
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

I think these raids/Arrests will bring about more indictments in the coming months . I think those recent drug confiscations/Shipments are tied into this as well . You had three major drug shipment busts over the course of 2 or 3 months , The one at the Baltimore Port of over a billion in cocaine, The Newark bust of almost 80 million in Coke, And there was another one I forget where, Maybe NJ also of almost 200 million in Coke. Actually there was one out of the port in, I think Sandiego of like 500 million in coke where supposedly there was a member/Affiliate of the Ndrangheta and Camorra involved with Sinaloan cartel members and corrupt Union port officials/Workers. I'm not saying all these busts/Seizures have anything to do with this case or the LCN etc. But possibly one or 2 are tied in . Just seems funny/Coincidence that all this went down extremely close to one another , Who knows ? Maybe we'll find out soon enough maybe not !? All speculation