Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Italy: Toronto on brink of mob war

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
"Elderly mobster no match for son-in-law in gunfight, murder trial hears"

http://torontosun.com/news/crime/elderl ... rial-hears
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

"Jason Hay convicted of Moka Cafe murders of Maria Voci, Chris DeSimone"

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/8 ... -desimone/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Re: the murder trial of Domenico Scopelliti

The charge to the jury was completed today. The jury is going back to the courtroom at 2:15 pm but won't be there long before leaving and being sequestered for deliberations.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
Jury deliberating in mobster Rocco Zito murder trial

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... trial.html
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Antimafia, do you know what Zito's position was in the 'Ndrangheta? Was he a boss or a member of another clan?
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Slain mobster Rocco Zito’s former son-in-law found guilty of manslaughter

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... ghter.html
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

@Lupara: I'll answer in due course.

"Son-in-law convicted of manslaughter in mobster Rocco Zito's shooting"

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/s ... -shooting/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
The Crown is seeking a sentence for Scopelliti the equivalent of 11 years; the Defence, a sentence of 7 years. The judge has between now and Wednesday, September 5 to deliberate--the latter date is when Scopelliti will be sentenced.

He will get 1.5 days' credit for every 1 day in pre-trial custody (which includes up to his sentencing date of September 5; I've calculated close to 48 months). The two sides agreed to an additional 5 months of enhanced credit, which will reduce the length of time he is in the penitentiary to serve his sentence.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
"Mobster Rocco Zito’s former son-in-law apologizes to family for his killing"

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... lling.html
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Is Domenico Scopelliti a direct relative of Rocco Scopelliti? Rocco was an Ontario-based associate or member of the Magaddino family involved in drug trafficking with the Agueci brothers and was later tied to the 'Ndrangheta. I've seen mention of Zito being connected to the Agueci brothers as well.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

A few years back it was reported there were as many as 7 'Ndrangheta clans operating in and around Toronto is that still the case?
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

willychichi wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:48 pm A few years back it was reported there were as many as 7 'Ndrangheta clans operating in and around Toronto is that still the case?
That was the situation as of 2010. We don't know how many 'ndrine there are now, as there haven't been any updates coming from Canadian or Italian law-enforcement reports, Italian arrest warrants, or trials. The murder of Carmine Verduci in April 2014 was significant, as he might have been the leader of the locale of the seven or so 'ndrine up till the time of his death.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Italy: Toronto on brink of mob war

Post by Lupara »

antimafia wrote:
willychichi wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:48 pm A few years back it was reported there were as many as 7 'Ndrangheta clans operating in and around Toronto is that still the case?
That was the situation as of 2010. We don't know how many 'ndrine there are now, as there haven't been any updates coming from Canadian or Italian law-enforcement reports, Italian arrest warrants, or trials. The murder of Carmine Verduci in April 2014 was significant, as he might have been the leader of the locale of the seven or so 'ndrine up till the time of his death.
The way I understand it he was representing Antonio Coluccio.

willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Lupara wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:43 pm
antimafia wrote:
Thanks antimafia and Lupara much obliged
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Lupara wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:43 pm
antimafia wrote:
Representing Coluccio up till April 2014? I'll tailor my next reply after reading what you post.

You are absolutely correct that Verduci was identified as a rappresentante of the Coluccio clan in 2008 -- see, for example, p. 1919 of the Operazione Il Crimine arrest warrants, volume 3. In July of that year, Giuseppe Coluccio was still capocrimine of the GTA board of control. The following month, because of his arrest, he no longer sat at the head of the table. Angelino Figliomeni, one of the two brothers believed to be behind the murder of Verduci in April 2014, assumed the capocrimine role that August.