Numbers of hits ordered by mob bosses

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Numbers of hits ordered by mob bosses

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Could someone post information how many murders are specific mafia bosses alleged to have ordered? For example, John Gotti was convicted for 5 murders (Castellano, Bilotti, DiBono, DiBernardo and Milito), but how many did he REALLY order? Even though it can't be known for sure, but there must be some allegations?
Also, I am curious about Angelo Bruno: I am pretty sure I read somewhere he was alleged to have been involved in no more than 10 murders, but can't find the article anymore. Do you think that's true?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Numbers of hits ordered by mob bosses

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Dwalin2014 wrote:I am curious about Angelo Bruno: I am pretty sure I read somewhere he was alleged to have been involved in no more than 10 murders, but can't find the article anymore. Do you think that's true?

Here is a list I compiled a while back of the murders that occured during Brunos reign. Any additions or corrections are welcome.

Dominick “Reds” Caruso/1962 (Body Not Found) - The hit was carried out by Nicky Scarfo, Salvatore Merlino, Santo Idone, Santo Romeo and Anthony Casella. Soldier Anthony “King Kong” Parella was also involved in the hit. Scarfo dumped the body and had then 9 year old Phil Leonetti ride with him so it wouldn’t look suspicious.

William Dugan/1963 – This was the longshoreman who was stabbed to death by Nicky Scarfo. The hit that got him banished to AC. Not Mob Related

FNU LNU/1970 – Killed by Nicholas “Nick the Blade” Virgilio. It was the stepfather of the girl he was dating. Not mob related. This was the hit that Judge Edward Helfant screwed him on. Anyone know his name?

Joseph “Joey” McGreal/1973 – Associate – Killed by Ralph Natale

Alvin Feldman/1974 – Associate (Body Not Found) – The hit was carried out by Frank “Chickie” Narducci, Santo Idone, Joseph “Chickie” Ciancaglini and Joseph Scalleat.

Edward “Butchie” Snee/1975 – Associate (Body Not Found) – The hit was carried out by Peter “Pete the Crumb” Caprio and Fulvio “Anthony/Tony" Capozzi.

Louis DeMarco/1976 – Associate - The hit was carried out by Philip “Crazy Phil” Leonetti and Vincent Falcone

Guiseppe “Pepe” Leva/1977 – Associate – Killed by Alfredo Ferraro

Michael “Mikey CoCo” Cifelli/1978 – Associate – Killed by Salvatore Merlino and Salvatore “Salvy” Testa.

Edwin Helfant/1978 – Associate- The hit was carried out by Nicholas “Nick the Blade” Virgilio and Nicky Scarfo

FNU LNU/1978 – Killed by Joseph “Joe Crutch” Curro. This was his wife’s boyfriend. Not Mob Related. Anyone know his name?

Vincent Falcone/1979 – Associate – The hit was carried out by Nicky Scarfo, Philip “Crazy Phil” Leonetti, Lawrence “Larry/Yogi” Merlino and Joseph Salerno. This one may not have been ordered by Bruno.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Teflon john
Straightened out

Post by Teflon john »

Thats a really interesting question man. It makes me wonder how many and how often people are murdered without the bosses permission. I mean for example,Roy DeMeo was supposed to have carried out hits for people not involved in LCN just for the money. I highly doubt that Big Paul knew this was happening or maybe he did and didnt care cause DeMeo was kicking up alot of money. I also know that people will make up things about somebody like that they are holding out money or are a rat just so they can get the ok to whack em. Im really interested in some of your guys feedback on this subject,good post Dwalin.
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

I've been thinking about this since watching that Sawyer/Gravano interview from years back. She questions him about the 19 murders and he responds about Gotti's murders as boss, indicating it was a lot more without giving any numbers.

For some reason I think Gotti made a similar response about Castellano and the amount of murders that came under his reign--I could be wrong though?

It's almost like passing the buck or starting a little fire anywhere but where you stand at the moment--crazy murdering lunatics lol.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:23 am
Dwalin2014 wrote:I am curious about Angelo Bruno: I am pretty sure I read somewhere he was alleged to have been involved in no more than 10 murders, but can't find the article anymore. Do you think that's true?

Here is a list I compiled a while back of the murders that occured during Brunos reign. Any additions or corrections are welcome.

Dominick “Reds” Caruso/1962 (Body Not Found) - The hit was carried out by Nicky Scarfo, Salvatore Merlino, Santo Idone, Santo Romeo and Anthony Casella. Soldier Anthony “King Kong” Parella was also involved in the hit. Scarfo dumped the body and had then 9 year old Phil Leonetti ride with him so it wouldn’t look suspicious.

William Dugan/1963 – This was the longshoreman who was stabbed to death by Nicky Scarfo. The hit that got him banished to AC. Not Mob Related

FNU LNU/1970 – Killed by Nicholas “Nick the Blade” Virgilio. It was the stepfather of the girl he was dating. Not mob related. This was the hit that Judge Edward Helfant screwed him on. Anyone know his name?

Joseph “Joey” McGreal/1973 – Associate – Killed by Ralph Natale

Alvin Feldman/1974 – Associate (Body Not Found) – The hit was carried out by Frank “Chickie” Narducci, Santo Idone, Joseph “Chickie” Ciancaglini and Joseph Scalleat.

Edward “Butchie” Snee/1975 – Associate (Body Not Found) – The hit was carried out by Peter “Pete the Crumb” Caprio and Fulvio “Anthony/Tony" Capozzi.

Louis DeMarco/1976 – Associate - The hit was carried out by Philip “Crazy Phil” Leonetti and Vincent Falcone

Guiseppe “Pepe” Leva/1977 – Associate – Killed by Alfredo Ferraro

Michael “Mikey CoCo” Cifelli/1978 – Associate – Killed by Salvatore Merlino and Salvatore “Salvy” Testa.

Edwin Helfant/1978 – Associate- The hit was carried out by Nicholas “Nick the Blade” Virgilio and Nicky Scarfo

FNU LNU/1978 – Killed by Joseph “Joe Crutch” Curro. This was his wife’s boyfriend. Not Mob Related. Anyone know his name?

Vincent Falcone/1979 – Associate – The hit was carried out by Nicky Scarfo, Philip “Crazy Phil” Leonetti, Lawrence “Larry/Yogi” Merlino and Joseph Salerno. This one may not have been ordered by Bruno.
Old thread, but I saw this posted at the Facebook Philly Mob group as potential additional hits (Meglio and the guy with him) under Bruno. Is this legit?

Albert ”Red” Meglio (1935-1975), a Newark native and former resident of Morris Plains, NJ, was a member of the Antonio “Tony Bananas” Caponigro North Jersey Bruno family crew, according to court testimony from the early 90s trial against reputed Lucchese family members Michael and Martin Taccetta.
It was alleged by former Caponigro crew member turned informant, John “Johnny Passaic” Januska, that Meglio was suspected of cooperating with the government.
In 1975, Caponigro allegedly had Meglio kidnapped at his establishment, the Valley Bowl in Montclair, NJ, and took him for a “ride,” along with an innocent by-standing victim named Michael White, who was also abducted and killed. Meglio was found ”buried facedown in a mound of garbage” in Newark.
Meglio had a criminal record involving bank embezzlement, drugs, bookmaking, and burglary. He seemed to be largely active in Morris County.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Scarfo sr directly directly ordered the murder of Enrico Riccobene because him doesnt recognized Scarfo as boss and killed consigliere Monte that was sent to settle the dispute; Salvatore Testa was killed because Scarfo was jealousy of a newspaper article that called Testa "the mafia crowned prince". The other murders was carried against people that doesnt want to pay the street tax.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

I think Amuso ordered at least 26 when he was on the street
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

How many of those hits really can be assigned to Bruno? Half of them seem to be not mob related and not sanctioned by him.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Mukremin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:28 am How many of those hits really can be assigned to Bruno? Half of them seem to be not mob related and not sanctioned by him.
As boss Bruno ordered or sanctioned the murders of at least Dominick Caruso (1962), Joseph McGreal (1973), Alvin Feldman (1974), Louis DeMarco (1976), Giuseppe Leva (1977), Edwin Helfant (1978), and Michael Cifelli (1979).

Harold Konigsberg also told the FBI that Bruno was involved in a quadruple murder in 1963. Joseph Stassi had told Konigsberg that he (Stassi) killed an accountant who worked for him (Stassi) and Bruno in Florida. The hit team consisted of Stassi, two men provided by Bruno, and one man provided by Santo Trafficante. They killed the accountant and three women who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, leaving all four victims in a hole provided by Trafficante.

I've seen some news coverage of Peter Caprio's testimony in one of the early 2000s cases, in which it was reported that Bruno had ordered the 1975 murder of Edward Snee. I think it's likely that this murder was at least sanctioned by Bruno.

There are also the murders of Dominick Luciano, Albert Meglia, and David White tied to the North Jersey crew in the 1970s. Bruno may have ordered or sanctioned some or all of those. Luciano is especially likely seeing as he was a member.

There's also the 1963 murder of Ferdinand Iacono in Chester but I haven't come across anything so far saying definitively that it was sanctioned or not.

The murder of Vincent Falcone wasn't sanctioned by Bruno.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:16 am Harold Konigsberg also told the FBI that Bruno was involved in a quadruple murder in 1963. Joseph Stassi had told Konigsberg that he (Stassi) killed an accountant who worked for him (Stassi) and Bruno in Florida. The hit team consisted of Stassi, two men provided by Bruno, and one man provided by Santo Trafficante. They killed the accountant and three women who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, leaving all four victims in a hole provided by Trafficante.
Has this ever been confirmed as something that really happened? Should be pretty easy to find a case involving an accountant and three female acquaintances who were killed/disappeared at the same time.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:16 am
Mukremin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:28 am How many of those hits really can be assigned to Bruno? Half of them seem to be not mob related and not sanctioned by him.
As boss Bruno ordered or sanctioned the murders of at least Dominick Caruso (1962), Joseph McGreal (1973), Alvin Feldman (1974), Louis DeMarco (1976), Giuseppe Leva (1977), Edwin Helfant (1978), and Michael Cifelli (1979).

Harold Konigsberg also told the FBI that Bruno was involved in a quadruple murder in 1963. Joseph Stassi had told Konigsberg that he (Stassi) killed an accountant who worked for him (Stassi) and Bruno in Florida. The hit team consisted of Stassi, two men provided by Bruno, and one man provided by Santo Trafficante. They killed the accountant and three women who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, leaving all four victims in a hole provided by Trafficante.

I've seen some news coverage of Peter Caprio's testimony in one of the early 2000s cases, in which it was reported that Bruno had ordered the 1975 murder of Edward Snee. I think it's likely that this murder was at least sanctioned by Bruno.

There are also the murders of Dominick Luciano, Albert Meglia, and David White tied to the North Jersey crew in the 1970s. Bruno may have ordered or sanctioned some or all of those. Luciano is especially likely seeing as he was a member.

There's also the 1963 murder of Ferdinand Iacono in Chester but I haven't come across anything so far saying definitively that it was sanctioned or not.

Thanks for clearing this up Chin, there goes my whole fantasy about Bruno that he was different from the others :D
He still falls under the group of dons who were less violent.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Mukremin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:59 am
chin_gigante wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:16 am

Thanks for clearing this up Chin, there goes my whole fantasy about Bruno that he was different from the others :D
He still falls under the group of dons who were less violent.
Because everybody compare him with little nicky scarfo that even if ordered not so many murders more than Bruno is famous because really enjoyed to order murders especially if the body was left on the streets as warning.