Boston 80s?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

cavita
Full Patched

Re: Boston 80s?

Post by cavita »

B. wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 pm Ah, you've mentioned Faruggia before. Makes sense Chicago had a colony given the proximity to Rockford.

Aragona is like a lot of Sicilian mining towns in that many people have left as industry dwindled. I know there are a good chunk of them in other parts of Europe, particularly Belgium. Biagio is connected on social media to DiGiacomos all over, interestingly many of them live on the Italian mainland including Campania, Lazio, Veneto, and Abruzzo. Switzerland as well. I don't know if these are actual relatives / Aragonesi or if he just added a bunch of people who share his surname but given the large diaspora of Aragonesi I imagine many of them are relatives or paesans.
Yes, I do know that brothers Natale and Michele Galluzzo lived in Brussels, Belgium right before immigrating to Rockford in 1971 to join their brother Salvatore and a cousin Antonio Buscemi lived in Frankfurt, Germany from 1962 to 1982 before immigrating to Rockford.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Boston 80s?

Post by B. »

cavita wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:59 pm
B. wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 pm Ah, you've mentioned Faruggia before. Makes sense Chicago had a colony given the proximity to Rockford.

Aragona is like a lot of Sicilian mining towns in that many people have left as industry dwindled. I know there are a good chunk of them in other parts of Europe, particularly Belgium. Biagio is connected on social media to DiGiacomos all over, interestingly many of them live on the Italian mainland including Campania, Lazio, Veneto, and Abruzzo. Switzerland as well. I don't know if these are actual relatives / Aragonesi or if he just added a bunch of people who share his surname but given the large diaspora of Aragonesi I imagine many of them are relatives or paesans.
Yes, I do know that brothers Natale and Michele Galluzzo lived in Brussels, Belgium right before immigrating to Rockford in 1971 to join their brother Salvatore and a cousin Antonio Buscemi lived in Frankfurt, Germany from 1962 to 1982 before immigrating to Rockford.
Good to know. Definitely fits. Biagio DiGiacomo is connected to Galluzzos who live in Waltham also.

With all the recurring surnames between the Aragonese mafiosi in Rockford and greater Boston, I have yet to see any Giglias apart from Salvatore.