Merlino Trial thread

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chucky
Full Patched

Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by Chucky »

Wouldn't be surprised with either outcome
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Chucky wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:29 pm Wouldn't be surprised with either outcome
Agree.
Wouldn't surprise me if he gets done (shouldn't have talked to the juror, big mistake) or considering the shambles that is the FBI and Rubeo, if he walks.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

jacobs should wait for the verdict first////then claim mistrial for sylvias part-----wouldnt rock the boat til guilty verdict come''''plan b''''
I been taught to listen to what's not said
bobbybats
Straightened out

Post by bobbybats »

Talking to the juror was a smooth move, he just threatened every juror there without having to say anything. Every juror is now wondering does he know my name, where I live, who my kids are, our identities are suppose to be secret, how does he know, if he can find this out what else can he do. This may not affect the person who he actually spoke with, but it might put some fear in one of the other jurors and that's all you need for a mistrial.
In 14 years the bitch will be a real money earner, yes sir........
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

bobbybats wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:48 am Talking to the juror was a smooth move, he just threatened every juror there without having to say anything. Every juror is now wondering does he know my name, where I live, who my kids are, our identities are suppose to be secret, how does he know, if he can find this out what else can he do. This may not affect the person who he actually spoke with, but it might put some fear in one of the other jurors and that's all you need for a mistrial.
True all he needs is one person , but the lady wasn’t afraid and will likely guilty because of it , interesting move maybe he was just being friendly lol
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Is the case going to end today?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

bobbybats wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:48 am Talking to the juror was a smooth move, he just threatened every juror there without having to say anything. Every juror is now wondering does he know my name, where I live, who my kids are, our identities are suppose to be secret, how does he know, if he can find this out what else can he do. This may not affect the person who he actually spoke with, but it might put some fear in one of the other jurors and that's all you need for a mistrial.
The lady juror was unfazed by the little guy. He is not very intimidating. He weighs 135lbs. Plus this is NYC not Philly. LCN tough guys are a dime a dozen. Also I think he has a good chance of being convicted. Someone with a notoriety like Joey should never go to trial if they can seek a good plea deal. The notoriety works against you at a trial. You are a gangster in their minds. You know god damn well 80% of those jurors went online and read up on Skinny Joey Merlino and kept it to themselves. I would be surprised if he walks cleared of all charges. I can see him being convicted of some charges and walking on some. But the Judge is going to let him have it at sentencing. In my mind. He should have taken the plea. If he was an unknown LCN figure that would be a different story.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

jimmy_beans8 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 pm jacobs should wait for the verdict first////then claim mistrial for sylvias part-----wouldnt rock the boat til guilty verdict come''''plan b''''
That's what I was thinking about when I read he approached the juror. There was a purpose to that I think. Merlino cant be that stupid to think he was going to intimidate someone. You send some gorilla to do that. Merlino is the size of most grandmothers.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

aleksandrored wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:17 am Is the case going to end today?
I think we will get a Verdict by Friday the latest.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Teflon john wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:38 pm Has to be NOT GUILTY unless the jury is a bunch of dumbasses,Rubeo was the Feds big witness and he fucked them big time. I know they want to get Merlino bad but i cannot believe that they were so stupid or desperate that they were relying on this piece of shit. The FBI needs a complete overhaul,corruption and stupidity is not a good combination.
Mob witnesses are usually dirtbag liars or they wouldnt be a criminal involved in the mob. I am sure they didn't expect St Peter on the witness stand. The defense that he left the mob was a poor defense in my opinion. People that left the mob don't travel to NYC to have dinner with Genovese Capo's. Gotti Jr defense had way more credibility then Merlino's. Merlino as Boss should have never got his hands dirty or been directly involved in any crimes like he was. Very poor decision on his part.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

You would go broke trying to bet the outcome of a jury trial in the fed system because the Feds win about 98% of the cases they bring to trial. The system is set up to hammer the Defendant so hard if he loses at trial that he pleads out to avoid 20 years and almost everyone does plead out. Major props to Joey for taking it back to the feds, who have a shitty case by any estimation, but make no mistake this is about as a high stakes a gamble as one takes. If convicted Joey will get hit hard, think how hard Mouse got hit. He will take 15 years on the chin if he loses.
MikeyRiens11
Honorary Member

Post by MikeyRiens11 »

Dave Schratweiser is reporting a bunch of the Philly guys are up at the trial today.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I don't know every detail about this case but if it all hinges on Rubeo then the Feds are fucked.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

MikeyRiens11 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:15 am Dave Schratweiser is reporting a bunch of the Philly guys are up at the trial today.
Nothing like showing the jury you left the mob like when the Mob comes to the courtroom so support you... :mrgreen:
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

dixiemafia wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:36 pm I don't know every detail about this case but if it all hinges on Rubeo then the Feds are fucked.
hinges on if the jury thinks Joey is a gangster or not. Half the time they don't give a shit about the evidence. Allot of it is personal opinion with these Jurors.