Chicago Outfit Lineage Chart 1928-2017

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Chicago Outfit Lineage Chart 1928-2017

Post by Villain »

Confederate wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:15 am
Villain wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:18 am
Chris Christie wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:13 pm *Question though for Villain, Snakes, Pete, everyone: several years ago there was an ongoing debate regarding Outfit admins being an extension of whatever crew was in charge and that each enjoyed a great deal of autonomy. Is this still a valid ongoing theory? Given the amount of bs that get's presented and discredited it's hard to keep up with.
Thats a natural process, like for example Ricca, Nitti, Campagna, Rio, and Giancana were all Westsiders, especially from around the Near West Side or Taylor St area, who later managed to spread their influence all around the organization and commanded respect and dictated everything which went down. I wouldnt separate the Outfit on crews but instead on sides. Like for example, the Westsiders included Taylor St crew, Elmwood Park crew, Melrose Park and Stone Park crews (future Grand Av crew) and northern Cicero crew, as for the South Side faction it included Near South Side and Loop crew, Chinatown crew, Chicago Heights crew, southern Cicero crew and Northwest Indiana crew. The so-called Northsiders included Near North Side crew, Lake View crew and Rogers Park crew. These crews, in these three separate territories were in alliance with each other and I think that during the decades or in the end, the Westsiders won the "cold war" by absorbing most of the crews and territories under their jurisdiction such as Cicero, Lake View and Chinatown, since they kept their spot at the top administration since the 1930's, with a small disruption during the 1940's. I also believe that this was the way they divided themselves during the old days, such as West, North and South and some times they also used names, like for example when Battaglia controlled more than a half of the West Side they called it Battaglia's Outfit.

By the way, today or tomorrow Ill post the final look of the crew succession list which we previously made and it extends from the 1920's until today, and every crew will be explained with a short bio.
That's also a valid way of looking at the evolution of how the West Side came to dominate the Outfit. It's also the way the Chicago Crime Commission looked at the Outfit in 1997. They divided it into three basic territories: West, North & South. The only difference is that they put Elmwood Park in the North and had DiFronzo on the Top Level with a South Side Advisor (LaPietra) and a West Side Advisor (Lombardo). Notice: they didn't call either one of them a "Consigliere". Then, they had Three big Underbosses: Andriacchi (North), Centracchio (West) & Monteleone (South). under them were several smaller Street Bosses who had men working under them in their Crews.
They had Elmwood Park on the North because after the death of Solano in 1992, they also completely entered in some parts of that area.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Here are two reports which prove that even since the old days they used the same terms, meaning one is from an informant who said "Out West" and the other is from a police investigator who reported "The Mafia on the South Side"

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... h=out_west

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... roti_mafia
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Villain wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:33 am Here are two reports which prove that even since the old days they used the same terms, meaning one is from an informant who said "Out West" and the other is from a police investigator who reported "The Mafia on the South Side"

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... h=out_west

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... roti_mafia
Yes, Very good. There were actually 4 big Territory Bosses like we discussed during the time that Chicago Heights was a power from the documentations: North, West, South, Far South. If you look at a map of Chicago which includes Cook County etc., the South Side and Far South Suburbs are considerably larger geographically than either the North/North Suburbs & West/West Suburbs.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Guys, does anyone know how many members and associates Outfit had at its peak?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

aleksandrored wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:23 pm Guys, does anyone know how many members and associates Outfit had at its peak?
I really cant remember the number which was given by Roemer but once i counted almost 200 members, including some of the high level non-Italians and im talking about the late 50s and early 60s
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

aleksandrored wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:23 pm Guys, does anyone know how many members the Outfit had at its peak?
That's a loaded question that could trigger 10 pages of debate. Being a member of the Outfit and being a made guy in the National LCN were two different things. I would say members of the Outfit (not necessarily made members in the National LCN) were probably several hundred during the late 1920's. After that, maybe 300 during the Giancana era. Roemer said 300, Villain and I have almost 250 on our chart and we probably left out 50. Again, this means actual full fledged memebers of the Outfit who belonged to Crews. That number does not reflect actual made members of the National LCN which would have been maybe 25% of that 300 number. To most members of the Outfit, it didn't matter to them if some guy in Buffalo New York didn't recognize them as a made member of LCN. Who cares? The guys in other cities usually only dealt with top level guys in the Outfit, most of whom belonged to the National LCN. I say most because there were top level Guys like Murray Humphreys, Gus Alex, Ralph Pierce, les Kruse etc. who were full fledged Outfit members, but not members of the National LCN because they were not Italian.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Confederate wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:04 am
aleksandrored wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:23 pm Guys, does anyone know how many members the Outfit had at its peak?
That's a loaded question that could trigger 10 pages of debate. Being a member of the Outfit and being a made guy in the National LCN were two different things. I would say members of the Outfit (not necessarily made members in the National LCN) were probably several hundred during the late 1920's. After that, maybe 300 during the Giancana era. Roemer said 300, Villain and I have almost 250 on our chart and we probably left out 50. Again, this means actual full fledged memebers of the Outfit who belonged to Crews. That number does not reflect actual made members of the National LCN which would have been maybe 25% of that 300 number. To most members of the Outfit, it didn't matter to them if some guy in Buffalo New York didn't recognize them as a made member of LCN. Who cares? The guys in other cities usually only dealt with top level guys in the Outfit, most of whom belonged to the National LCN. I say most because there were top level Guys like Murray Humphreys, Gus Alex, Ralph Pierce, les Kruse etc. who were full fledged Outfit members, but not members of the National LCN because they were not Italian.
Nicely said
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

I understood, thanks for the answers guys.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

aleksandrored wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:54 am I understood, thanks for the answers guys.
You're always welcome buddy
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

I was talking with someone who said their Great Uncle was a Al Capone Bodyguard:

This Guy was named Frank and his Wife/Girlfriend was Lu Lu - they didn't remember the Last Name unfortunately

Any Idea if this person exists or just more family folklore - this is definitely for you researchers
Know which Game to Play
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

FriendofFamily wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:46 am I was talking with someone who said their Great Uncle was a Al Capone Bodyguard:

This Guy was named Frank and his Wife/Girlfriend was Lu Lu - they didn't remember the Last Name unfortunately

Any Idea if this person exists or just more family folklore - this is definitely for you researchers
Dont get me wrong but Capone allegedly had hundreds of bodyguards, same as chauffeurs. He had three or four top guys such as Rio, D'Andrea or Campagna but he also had the LaCavas and the DiGiovannis, while guys like Heeney and Maddox were also some sort of top security chiefs. For example, according to one newspaper reporter who allegedly went to visit Capone and ask him a few questions, he was first welcomed by Volpe,who in turn was Capone's chief secretary and took him through a long "tunnel of bodyguards" who were just standing there, all the way to Al's room.

Capone was a big and constant target and so he needed a lot of protection...he even had detectives and policemen sometimes doing the job