Gangland news 23rd nov 2017

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Gangland news 23rd nov 2017

Post by Frank »

Also I had just come around this year to accept the fact that Cali had really replaced Cefalu. I had held out in that I thought Cefalu could still be acting boss but that Cali was still underboss which that position is more the same as street boss. With also the 3 captain street panel under them. Now with this article it is going up for more speculation lol.
BlackDow
Prospect

Post by BlackDow »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:03 am So Gambino was never the Boss. No mention of him having cancer either. Making the fresh street talk wrong yet again. Shocker I know. Not that I expect anyone to actually learn from this. I'm sure this will soon fall into the memory hole and people will be ready to swallow the next round of bullshit.

Thanks for posting this weeks column. 8-)

Pogo
This post has a really abrasive tone. Is it really necessary to go ad hominem when pointing out errors? For me this detracts significantly from the board and needs to be addressed. There are several good threads which have been ruined because of this type of post and it’s a real shame. Just lay out your counter by attacking the information you feel is wrong and leave the ‘subtle’ personal digs out of it.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:03 am So Gambino was never the Boss. No mention of him having cancer either. Making the fresh street talk wrong yet again. Shocker I know. Not that I expect anyone to actually learn from this. I'm sure this will soon fall into the memory hole and people will be ready to swallow the next round of bullshit.

Thanks for posting this weeks column. 8-)

Pogo
its too much now. stop derailing every thread with your fresh street talk bullshit. im sure there is a pro fbi forum somewhere you can join. compare charts over a cup of Sanka.
honestly Pogo, its a bad look. im being honest with u. ur coming off childish.
Last edited by Cheech on Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:25 am OK but that doesn't show he was wrong. Perhapes Cali did replace Cefalu in 2015 and Cefalu got the spot back in recent times. It happens. At least Capeci has credibility and backs up his claims with actual sources.

It is also funny that people point to the handful of times that Capeci or the feds got something wrong or may have gotten something wrong as a reason to take the fresh street talkers seriously when they are always wrong.

Pogo
quicksand and fast....drowning now. throw in towel while at least 1 poster thinks you know what youre talking about
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Cheech wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:09 pm
Cheech wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:58 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:58 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:35 pm They aren't the same goofs that said them things about Crea and Corrozzo though. First person I read on the boards say it was bronx, now felice comes up with this info, only come across a few people who think Gambino was boss. Nobodies saying this is confirmation, just clearly hasn't been made up like you say

He made the same claim on Crea and Mancuso. And unless he has the same LE guy source as Felice than he made it up. Unless of course you really believe he is privy to the highest levels of the Gambino family. Info so secret that it has eluded Capeci and all media coverage but not so secret that it is openly talked about on several public forums and Facebook.

Pogo
Go ahead and back that up cause I do not recall him ever stating that. Go ahead. I’ll wait....

Waiting on you to back this up. How ya making out?

your serve, mijo.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

LOL at hanging on every word Capeci says. did anyone notice the misplaced comma in the third paragraph?
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

hello Cheech happy thanksgiving..
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Current Gambino administration???
Boss Cefalu
Underboss Cali
Consigliere Gambino till last week
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

when did pete gotti get taken down?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

No I forgot about him Cefalu as Acting Boss. Just throwing that out there with the new Gangland news where he states Gambino was advisor to Cefalu.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:31 am
So Cali was never the boss.

Hasn't Capeci been reporting Cali as the boss for several years now?
I noticed you omitted that tidbit in your post above.

Didnt Capeci also report Crea was the boss too?

Damn Capeci and his fresh street talk.

Fact is no ones infallible and its mostly speculation. So you shitting on bronx on one hand whilst preaching the infallibility of Capeci on the other is kind of ridiculous.
Stupid to have teams in a guessing game. You take the best info you have across the board and come to a conclusion with an open mind.

Not that this post will change anything.
C'mon Sonny, you have to admit its not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison. Capeci is a public figure who's name, reputation, and career is based on having solid info. Not just an internet poster who is relatively unaccountable. True, nobody is infallible but Capeci has a very good track record as far as OC journalists go. The only other ones I would put up there with him are Tom Robbins, George Anastasia, and Selwynn Raab. Capeci's sources have come from both law enforcement and the underworld. And, in the very few times he's had to correct himself, it's only because he's received conflicting info from different sources and he's done so quickly and openly. Point being, if you take all the insiders on the forums over the years, and compare their collective track record of having correct information to Capeci (or the feds even more so), there's...well...no comparison.
All roads lead to New York.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

You're missing the point mate. I'm not trying to compare Capeci with bronx.
I'm simply pointing out the ridiculousness of being on one 'team' and blindly dismissing the other.
Capeci gets things wrong on occasion. So does bronx.
It's an inexact science.
But MAYBE, with bronx, to an objective mind, having proved that he might know something's not found in books or boards, might have a piece or two of information to bring to the table. Or at the least a perspective of a local with an ear to the ground.
It's not about one or the other. It's not a comparison of apples. It's being mature enough to keep an open mind and judge each case on its own merits.
To compare bronx to a Giacomo Vacari, simply 'because he has fresh street talk' is to lump Capeci with in with Volkman as they are 'both writers and journalists!'
As in everything, you get in every category, the good and the bad. Maybe Capeci isn't a Volkman, and maybe bronx isn't a Vacari.
Capeci no doubt has a lot to offer. Perhaps bronx does too?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:11 pm You're missing the point mate. I'm not trying to compare Capeci with bronx.
I'm simply pointing out the ridiculousness of being on one 'team' and blindly dismissing the other.
Capeci gets things wrong on occasion. So does bronx.
It's an inexact science.
But MAYBE, with bronx, to an objective mind, having proved that he might know something's not found in books or boards, might have a piece or two of information to bring to the table. Or at the least a perspective of a local with an ear to the ground.
It's not about one or the other. It's not a comparison of apples. It's being mature enough to keep an open mind and judge each case on its own merits.
To compare bronx to a Giacomo Vacari, simply 'because he has fresh street talk' is to lump Capeci with in with Volkman as they are 'both writers and journalists!'
As in everything, you get in every category, the good and the bad. Maybe Capeci isn't a Volkman, and maybe bronx isn't a Vacari.
Capeci no doubt has a lot to offer. Perhaps bronx does too?
I agree that, like with mob journalists, not all local insider guys are created equal. Maybe Pogo, as well as myself, have just built up very sensitive radars after years of battling too many posters that ended up being proven bullshitters and who are no longer around. We view the general phenomenon of "fresh street talk," or whatever you want to call it, with extreme suspicion and doubt and, frankly, for very good reason.

But I agree we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. As I said in the John Gambino thread, there have been times when a local guy had heard something legit and posted it on the forum. It's just crucial that A) those guys have the self discipline to not get carried away and keep what they actually heard separate from their own opinions and speculations; and B) that other posters don't get carried away and start viewing these guys as being in a position to know more than they realistically can or more credible than the feds or a guy like Capeci who have proven to be our most consistent sources of solid info.
All roads lead to New York.
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

No mention of any emissaries from the other Families being in attendance. I'd assume there had to been, correct??

Thanks for the article, and hope all you turkeys had a Happy Thanksgiving.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Good post Wiseguy.
Kudos.

And no one can blame anyone for a more than healthy amount of skepticism when it comes to credibility and this topic, and these boards. Your bullshit artists outnumber the 'real deals' by 100-1. Perhaps even 1000.
Hence keeping that open mind, to recognize and appreciate that one legitimate poster, is so hard.

I think bronx has proven he's a 'one'. From PB signing off on the guy to his revelations with felice. Or at a minimum the right not to be shit on.
Or at the least, for people to keep an open mind and not judge the guy based on others, or, judge the guy, but on his merits, was simply my point.

Again good post and good olive branch.
Happy thanksgiving to you and yours mate.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.