Gangland news 23rd nov 2017

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Confederate
Full Patched

Re: Gangland news 23rd nov 2017

Post by Confederate »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:57 pm
Hailbritain wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:46 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:21 pm
Hailbritain wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:56 pm Capeci pretty much said it’s still cefalu , so I’m my opinion it’s cefalu
Well Capeci has been saying it's been Cali for the last 4yrs so maybe nobody really has any fucking idea really.
No he hasn’t
Seriously?

Ok, honest question here gents; Who here, HONESTLY, prior to this GL News, had Cefalu as acting boss?

Exactly. Nobody.
Which proves this one point. The Feds know more about what's left of the Mafia than most of the Mafia guys themselves and they know WAY MORE than anybody on this or any other Forum. A lot of things they know are secret because of ongoing investigations. They are saying very little about what they know because there is nothing to gain by revealing the answer to all the questions people are asking.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Confederate wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:24 pm
Hailbritain wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:56 pm Capeci pretty much said it’s still cefalu , so I’m my opinion it’s cefalu
Well Capeci has been saying it's been Cali for the last 4yrs so maybe nobody really has any fucking idea really.
No he hasn’t
Seriously?

Ok, honest question here gents; Who here, HONESTLY, prior to this GL News, had Cefalu as acting boss?

Exactly. Nobody.
Which proves this one point. The Feds know more about what's left of the Mafia than most of the Mafia guys themselves and they know WAY MORE than anybody on this or any other Forum. A lot of things they know are secret because of ongoing investigations. They are saying very little about what they know because there is nothing to gain by revealing the answer to all the questions people are asking.
Sure. No argument. Completely agree.

My point though, is probably even the Feds have little idea.
Hence the confusion.

People just assume 'the Feds always know'. And my point, is although they know best, there would be considerable periods where they don't.

Refer the 'secret' part of the secret society 😉
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Possibly MORE true with the New York Families but MUCH LESS true than with say Detroit or Chicago. With a small family like Chicago, they know EVERYTHING including who farted and how much it smelled. Much easier to know ALMOST everything with a SMALL Family because there is MUCH less to know. Plus, Chicago has two high level Informants. Would you not agree?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:40 pm
Confederate wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:24 pm
No he hasn’t
Seriously?

Exactly. Nobody.
Sure. No argument. Completely agree.

My point though, is probably even the Feds have little idea.
Hence the confusion.

People just assume 'the Feds always know'. And my point, is although they know best, there would be considerable periods where they don't.

Refer the 'secret' part of the secret society 😉
Honestly, given the info which I posted earlier in the thread, I was leaning towards Cefalu still being acting boss. I certainly wasn't in a rush to put Cali on the throne like many seemed to be. But it admittedly difficult to come to a definitive conclusion because the last indictment we saw involving both of them was almost a decade ago. And indictments are usually the best look we get at what the feds know. And, just because Capeci's sources may have conflicting info, it doesn't necessarily mean the feds are confused. The Lucchese family is a good example as the feds have continually considered Amuso the boss while Capeci was getting conflicting reports.
All roads lead to New York.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Confederate wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:52 pm Possibly MORE true with the New York Families but MUCH LESS true than with say Detroit or Chicago. With a small family like Chicago, they know EVERYTHING including who farted and how much it smelled. Much easier to know ALMOST everything with a SMALL Family because there is MUCH less to know. Plus, Chicago has two high level Informants. Would you not agree?
I think it goes both ways.
If they have an in they know everything. Eg Chicago. As the 'in' is exposed to, well everything. And conversely, when they don't have an in, they could possibly have little idea eg Detroit. As there is little to no info coming in.

A two sided coin I'd imagine.

So no I don't necessarily adhere to the smaller the family, the more the Feds know.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

@ Wiseguy: we have no reason to not suspect the Feds were confused regards Crea.

Capeci has admittedly no direct OC sources, so the overwhelming majority of his info would be LE.
It's most likely a LE source advised him of Crea's ascension then when they found contrasting info, rescinded.
Being the Feds doesn't equal infallibility.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:25 pm
Confederate wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:52 pm Possibly MORE true with the New York Families but MUCH LESS true than with say Detroit or Chicago. With a small family like Chicago, they know EVERYTHING including who farted and how much it smelled. Much easier to know ALMOST everything with a SMALL Family because there is MUCH less to know. Plus, Chicago has two high level Informants. Would you not agree?
I think it goes both ways.
If they have an in they know everything. Eg Chicago. As the 'in' is exposed to, well everything. And conversely, when they don't have an in, they could possibly have little idea eg Detroit. As there is little to no info coming in.

A two sided coin I'd imagine.

So no I don't necessarily adhere to the smaller the family, the more the Feds know.
Nobody is infallible. However,The Feds know way more than they reveal. They have very sophisticated eavesdropping devices, video cameras, informants and Joe citizen. There is very little the Feds don't know and there isn't as much to know in the first place with smaller Families. The reason they don't know as much about Detroit is because there is very little activity there. If there is something ongoing, you can bet your last dollar they know about it and are building their case.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

The people that made the Gambino Family lineage chart had Cefalu as acting boss and Cali as Underboss. So I will give them alot of credit. I just thought they hadn't ammended it. Since Capeci had said Cali was to replace Dom in 2013, but ended up turning it down. Then when he reported the same thing in 2015 ,I waited it out for awhile to see if it was true before I believed it.It wasn't until about 6 months ago I accepted the news of Cali as acting boss, remember there was a rumour that he got knocked down as acting boss, I figured it must be true that he replaced Cefalu if he himself was being replaced. So yes almost everyone including myself thought Cali was boss. Nobody ever mentioned that we were wrong and that Cefalu was never replaced. Dom Cefalu has had a pretty decent run as acting boss so far for today's standards.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

@confederate: you begin your post saying nobody is infallible yet go on to describe the Feds as such. That they know everything, all the time. They don't. There would be times where there is a lack of information. Sometimes this could be minor, sometimes major.
It is perfectly reasonable to assume that the Feds had Cali as acting and received contrary information later down the line. And the same with Crea. I'm not saying this happened, but it's false to just automatically assume the Feds knew precisely the case at every step.

@Frank: if it's true that Cefalu is and has been acting the whole time then it's an extraordinary run in this day and age. Agreed.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Does law enforcement really know everything that's going down with Chicago Outfit. They don't know what happened to Zizzo. All the Family Secrets convictions we're from 20 to 30 year before. This high up CI from the 1980s has really led to nothing. It was dna from Nick Calebrese that got that case going.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:28 pm @ Wiseguy: we have no reason to not suspect the Feds were confused regards Crea.

Capeci has admittedly no direct OC sources, so the overwhelming majority of his info would be LE.
It's most likely a LE source advised him of Crea's ascension then when they found contrasting info, rescinded.
Being the Feds doesn't equal infallibility.
What do you mean Capeci has no direct OC sources? He has cited sources on "both sides of the law" many times.

I've never said the feds are infallible. But they are far and away our most solid and consistent source of information. Capeci and a handful of other journalists would be second.
Frank wrote:Does law enforcement really know everything that's going down with Chicago Outfit. They don't know what happened to Zizzo. All the Family Secrets convictions we're from 20 to 30 year before. This high up CI from the 1980s has really led to nothing. It was dna from Nick Calebrese that got that case going.
The point is not that the feds know everything about the Outfit but that they know the most outside of people actually in the mob. And you talk as if the Family Secrets case has been the only Outfit case in recent memory.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:39 amWhat do you mean Capeci has no direct OC sources? He has cited sources on "both sides of the law" many times.
Yes but he's also said he has no made guys feeding him info. Which means his OC sources it would appear, are mere associates. And the question must be asked of what and how much they can actually know especially concerning matters of admin.

And my infalliable comments were directed at Confederate, not yourself. I agree the Feds are far and away the most reliable source, there's no contention there.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:49 am
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:39 amWhat do you mean Capeci has no direct OC sources? He has cited sources on "both sides of the law" many times.
Yes but he's also said he has no made guys feeding him info. Which means his OC sources it would appear, are mere associates. And the question must be asked of what and how much they can actually know especially concerning matters of admin.
I have no idea who his OC sources are, though I don't necessarily think its out of the question one or more could be made. Whoever they are, they (along with law enforcement) give good enough info to Capeci to give him a really good track record. That in spite of some wanting to focus on the handful of times he's been wrong about things while, at the same time, often focusing on the handful of times forum insiders have actually been right about anything and then claiming both are equally valuable.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I wasn't trying to say the Family Secrets was the only case lately. I was using it as a reference to the old cases it pertained to in conjunction with the high up CI in from the 1980,s.Nick Calebrese had alot of high up people at the Spilotro killing. My point is this supposed high ranked CI, in my opinion might not even exist. The really didn't know for sure who the bosses were until fairly recently. Had Ferriola as boss. Thought Lombardo was boss. Rare mention of Monteleone even being boss over Outfit. Listing Zizzo as underboss. Don't know when the very top bosses actually retired. All the cases had rats like Calebrese, Jahoda, Patrick and Cooley
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Question: Is George Lombardozzi related to Carmine Lombardozzi?
If so, how? Son, nephew, grandson? Thanks, SP
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'