Gambino ruling panel

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Gambino ruling panel

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Since Cefalu became boss I haven't heard about the ruling panel. Is it still in effect? Also, if so, where does it stand in compared to the boss, UB, and consig? Were all three running crews at the time they were on the panel? I don't think John Gambino had a crew since he got out?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Gambino ruling panel

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pogo, you got nothing on the panel?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

I think Cefula could be a front for Frankie...
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

When a family is functioning normally and they have a Boss who isn't imprisoned or dealing with parole restrictions there is no need for a ruling panel. Cefalu is no front but that doesn't mean Cali isn't being groomed to some degree or have carte blanche in dealing with certain aspects of the family.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JeremyTheJew wrote:Pogo, you got nothing on the panel?

Nothing besides what Capeci wrote about them. That it is made up of Anthony Gurino, John Gambino and Joseph "Sonny" Juliano and serves as an extra buffer between the Boss and the street.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Ya. I asked because on the charts it showed the panel as well as the admins. I always thought the idea of a panel would be to replace the old hierarchy and run more democratically. I don't get the idea of a boss and a panel. I'm sure the bosses rule goes over the panel.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Also like the Genovese I thought the panel would be changed periodically insulating themselves from LE
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JeremyTheJew wrote:Ya. I asked because on the charts it showed the panel as well as the admins. I always thought the idea of a panel would be to replace the old hierarchy and run more democratically. I don't get the idea of a boss and a panel. I'm sure the bosses rule goes over the panel.

Joe Massino also used a panel while he was on the street. Though in his case it was to serve the function of UnderBoss since he stripped Vitale of most of his power.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
JeremyTheJew wrote:Pogo, you got nothing on the panel?

Nothing besides what Capeci wrote about them. That it is made up of Anthony Gurino, John Gambino and Joseph "Sonny" Juliano and serves as an extra buffer between the Boss and the street.

Pogo
A 'ruling panel' would like its name says rule wouldn't it? If these guys are like you say just a buffer between the boss aka the ruler and the street they aren't a ruling panel! they are just buffers or you could even say captains! thats part of a captains function to serve as buffer between the boss and the soldiers.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

It makes more sense for there to be a panel OR a boss, rather then boss. A panel in my mind is captains coming together to make desicions democratically. That's why I found it odd that the chart lists both a panel and a boss. Seems like most of the NY families have them. Lucchese had Di Napoli, Migliore and Madonna at one time.

I think the only family that hasn't had a panel is the Colombos
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

There isn't much of the Colombos left haha :lol:

Didnt the ruling panel "stopped" after Crea was made boss?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

And that's why the Colombos have been in dissary for decades.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Mukremin wrote:There isn't much of the Colombos left haha :lol:

I'm pretty sure it did. He was never on the panel I don't think, was he?
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

JeremyTheJew wrote:
Mukremin wrote:There isn't much of the Colombos left haha :lol:

I'm pretty sure it did. He was never on the panel I don't think, was he?

Pretty sure it did too, Mukremin. Crea, as well as Amuso, were both away when those three were keeping the seat warm for the former who was going to actually be getting out.

Back on topic, the fact the Gambinos have regained stability at a point where they can have a hierarchy like this in place says a lot, imo..Could we consider Gambino as Consigliere though? As we know, he was part of the group that met with Philadelphia a few years back, and that aside, a very well respected, and important guy in the Gambino Family across the board. I wonder if he does have a small crew of guys that report directly too him? I'd say their financial aspirations and business interests would definitely have to mirror his though.. ;)
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I would think he'd be a better choice then Vernance, but that's just speculation. Iv read that he really doesn't even want te spot which I wouldn't be suprised. But also I don't think they'd make him consig based on all the admins would be "too close" to being run by zips. (Even tho only Gambino could really be considered a zip)