Various Articles

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Various Articles

Post by Tonyd621 »

motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

An article on the Guerini brothers, the Big Bosses of Marseille from 1944 to 1967

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
crabby appleton
Straightened out

Post by crabby appleton »

I'm not sure if this article should go here or not.

JUSTICE STORY: Cunning hitman who embarrassed NYPD was target of biggest manhunt in NYC history
https://www.nydailynews.com/true-crime- ... story.html
crabby appleton
Straightened out

Post by crabby appleton »

Could this be mob related? Two guys fro Medford, NY one of them has an Italian last name.

From the article:
"Authorities identified the driver of the Suburban as Frank Capraro, 23, of Medford, New York and the driver of the Tahoe as Desmond McDay, 25, also from Medford, New York."

NorCal: Suspect drops nearly $1M cash on road during Merced County vehicle pursuit
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/05/n ... sh-on.html
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

I know of a Lot of guys that do the Cali thing doubt there connected probably just some younger guys trying to come up they were obviously doing there thing going up to Humboldt county like that don't get me wrong Sacramento and The Bay area have great prices but where they were most likely headed is backwoods and country as he'll I've been there once I never knew California had areas like that it reminded me of the South lol but you get two or three people living together that can grow 99 each and your going to have some HUGE operations most that have gone on for years . I believe the article said 915000 recovered they were prolly paying for a G pack (1000lb.) I know there pissed especially that the crash car couldn't stop the cop that's a he'll of a loss
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

But doubt connected probably just some friends from Long Island that make moves together . The weed game isn't what it once was now everyone is getting stuff out of state or growing there's way more competition than even ten years ago that's a fact the markets are saturated
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Although there's probably a crew in every family or maybe even a couple guys in most crews in all families that have a major marijuana operation going. Very little time is being given for marijuana these days,you have your exceptions but the money is great and it's a very easy operation to run with little risk and large reward
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

An article about the Corsican mob bosses of Marseille Antoine & Barthélémy Guerini
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Damn,I thought Parillo was inside this whole time , I figured hed be home soon . Had no idea he was out on appeal.......that's tough being basically 70 starting a fresh 5,especially with all the Covid bs .....it's rough living in prison with that around now.I'm in CT.so I'm not familiar with Mass.state prison and parole there, but with the violent charge and.ties to organized crime he's probably going to have to do a lot of that 5 inside
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

CTamg65 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:25 pm Damn,I thought Parillo was inside this whole time , I figured hed be home soon . Had no idea he was out on appeal.......that's tough being basically 70 starting a fresh 5,especially with all the Covid bs .....it's rough living in prison with that around now.I'm in CT.so I'm not familiar with Mass.state prison and parole there, but with the violent charge and.ties to organized crime he's probably going to have to do a lot of that 5 inside
I admire this guy. A least 50% chance he dies in there. The loyalty, comardie, fealty etc when I was in the army overseas I understand what he believes in. Dime a dozen. He fought, govt won he held his head high and now doing his time.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Here's something interesting. If someone needs the article...don't know if NYT is paywall..I'll post it. Had I known I would used one of these for that Gambino promo....lol. Next time.

Mafia Songs Break a Code Of Silence; A Gory Italian Folk Form Attracts Fans, and Critics
By Neil Strauss
July 22, 2002

In the markets of small mountain towns surrounding this city on the Southern tip of Italy, a musician named Mimmo Siclari can often be found selling cassettes from the back of his van, as he has for decades. The tapes, many of which he produced himself, are emblazoned with explicit covers that depict men shot in the heart, grieving widows and monkeys in the ''hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil'' pose over pools of blood. The cassettes themselves are transparent, because only see-through models are allowed in Italian prisons, where many of the fans of this music can be found.

Mr. Siclari does not sell gangsta rap or heavy metal: he sells a very particular kind of folk music, the product of an unusual and specific Calabrian tradition. It is called Il Canto di Malavita, which translates literally as songs of a bad life or life of crime. More colloquially, the songs are known as Mafia music.

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/22/arts ... itics.html