Merlino brags about killing

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

baldo
Straightened out

Merlino brags about killing

Post by baldo »

http://nypost.com/2017/07/18/reputed-mo ... ding-feds/

Killing someone is pretty easy, according to reputed Mafia boss Joey “Skinny Joey” Merlino — who offered his own personal play-by-play approach to a mob cohort in a secretly recorded conversation, the feds say.

In the 2014 recording, authorities captured the alleged Philadelphia mob boss gabbing with reputed Genovese Acting Captain Eugene “Rooster” Onofrio about how to best off someone, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

“It’s easy to kill somebody,” Merlino boasted, with Onofrio agreeing, “It’s simple,” according to the feds.

Merlino went on to explain his method: “You’re my friend, you trust me, I tell you, ‘Listen, drive me home right now,’ get you in the car, I shoot you in the f—king’ head, and it’s over with,” according to the feds.

Manhattan federal prosecutors introduced the statements in written documents to argue that Merlino and Onofrio should go to trial together come January.

Onofrio, who the feds say runs crews on Mulberry Street in Manhattan, had asked the judge to be tried separately, saying he was worried that Merlino’s reputation could “prejudice” a jury against him.

A lawyer for Merlino didn’t immediately return a request for comment. Onofrio’s lawyer declined comment.

The two men were among 46 people charged in a racketeering scheme last year that boasted arrests in four out of five major crime families.

They are two of just six defendants who continue to fight the charges.

Reputed Genovese capo Pasquale “Patsy” Parrello — of Pasquale’s Rigoletto restaurant in the Bronx — pleaded guilty to extortion charges in May.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Merlino brags about killing

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Every time you talk about a murder you're committing it again.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

Damn, say what ya want but Merlino has historically been pretty cautious with his words, and even with this he's not implicating himself in any murders, just discussing his technique. Guess he felt more at ease talking about it with a Capo from the Westside.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

TwoPiece wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:39 pmGuess he felt more at ease talking about it with a Capo from the Westside.
Infront of an associate from another family.
What an idiot.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

“You’re my friend, you trust me, I tell you, ‘Listen, drive me home right now,’ get you in the car, I shoot you in the f—king’ head, and it’s over with,” according to the feds.
The Feds are falling apart like the the Atlanta Falcons in the second half of Super Bowl 51 , Fumbles ,turn overs and unforced mistakes that pro shouldn't make , This looks like a flag on the play to me, No law broken after further review, They should have used this for the bail hearing to hold Merlino thats all its good for ....too late
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:45 pm
TwoPiece wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:39 pmGuess he felt more at ease talking about it with a Capo from the Westside.
What an idiot.
None of the guys were in his family.. Plus, like JoeyCigars said, he's not actually breaking any laws. This would hold no weight in court and might as well be hypothetical, it's not like he's admitting to anybody he may have clipped.

Also, regarding talking about it around other families... They're wiseguys, them talking about ways to whack a guy is like mechanics talking about cars. :lol:
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

But does his description of how to kill a guy actually match any of the Philly mob hits connected to him and his associates? Doesn't seem to.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

TwoPiece wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:02 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:45 pm
What an idiot.
None of the guys were in his family.. Plus, like JoeyCigars said, he's not actually breaking any laws. This would hold no weight in court and might as well be hypothetical, it's not like he's admitting to anybody he may have clipped.

Also, regarding talking about it around other families... They're wiseguys, them talking about ways to whack a guy is like mechanics talking about cars. :lol:
I seriously want to know how many people killed Merlino for speak like this ? He don't managed to kill scarfo jr and was inducted in philly family only because Stanfa tried to make peace with the young turk faction.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

furiofromnaples wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:42 amI seriously want to know how many people killed Merlino for speak like this ? He don't managed to kill scarfo jr and was inducted in philly family only because Stanfa tried to make peace with the young turk faction.
Furio makes an interesting point. Has Merlino actually been directly linked to a murder? As in him either being present or involved in the actual killing? Most people have him being the shooter in the Scarfo Jr. attempt, but he lived. And maybe he was involved in the Joey Ciancaglini attempt and the attempt on Stanfa on the freeway in 1993, but those also failed. I thought he was in prison for the Deluca murder in 1990 and the Bocchino and Diaddorio murders in 1992. And I don't remember any testimony involving him directly in the Brennan, Veasey, Mazzuca, Avicolli, Turra or Marconi murders. I'm just curious if anyone actually thinks Merlino has literally killed someone?

Adam
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Don't think so. He wasn't present during the Ciancaglini Jr. attempt. Don't know if he was in the van during the Stanfa attempt but I doubt it. He was the driver in the Anthony Milicia shooting but he also survived.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:18 am Don't think so. He wasn't present during the Ciancaglini Jr. attempt. Don't know if he was in the van during the Stanfa attempt but I doubt it. He was the driver in the Anthony Milicia shooting but he also survived.

Pogo
Wait, Merlino was driving for the Milicia shooting? Wow. Yeah that seems like underboss work. I knew Gambino was the suspected shooter but I guess I missed the Merlino part.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

reeks of the feds looking for some good press to try and save some face.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Cheech wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:56 am reeks of the feds looking for some good press to try and save some face.
Yeah or taint a possible jury pool.

This shows how weak this case really is with this pathetic desperation.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Everyone's pretty quick to slam the feds and the strength of their case.
But keep in mind gents that they had an undercover Fed, a CI with a wire working directly with Joey for YEARS and quotes like the one above with tough guy Merlino talking about how to clip somebody.
Now this isnt nothing.
Im an IMPARTIAL jury guy and I hear all of this Im going to hate on the guy more than just a little.
Now sure there were tapes erased blah blah blah, but personally, as a jury member, erasing tapes vs some midget talking about how to clip somebody, screwing the medical system with fraud etc etc.
I know which of the two are the greater crimes and he's going away.

I just think people on this board dont see the other side of this equation. Lotsa guys too keen to say the Feds fucked up and there the case is fucked, but that DOESNT mean the Feds have nothing.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

you're lost, sonny. with all due respect.

everyone was allowed to plead out to lesser terms. they are willing to give merlino a few years. why do you think that is? them letting this out into the papers is a ploy.

erasing "tapes" isnt blah blah blah as you out it thats major screw up. and the reason those officers are under investigation.

i think your dislike of merlino is clouding your judgement.

midget? what does he height have to do with anything. if anyone seems biased it is you. and you know i like you i just think you have been off recently in your judgement.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny