Researching the Mafia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Researching the Mafia

Post by Snakes »

Request them through the USDOJ from the district that charged them.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Added the sites Muckrock and "The Writers of Wrongs" to the list.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Over at newspapers.com, you can now search the Brooklyn Daily Eagle archives for articles published between 1841 and 1955. Here's the link:

https://www.newspapers.com/title_1890/t ... ily_eagle/
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Today i couldnt access the Chicago tribune archives unless i pay for it. Well they can obviously suck my balls since through the years I managed to copy 90% of everything mob related out of reasons such as this one MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

That's too bad. It was nice while it lasted.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Here is a list of Sicilian Members compiled by Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S ... ia_members
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

For what its worth, I wanted to add Trove to the list. Its handy for searching old newspapers, especially in regards to Down Under, but also can be set to worldwide.

trove.nla.gov.au

I think it also worth mentioning that I have found that searching in Italian language sources has been a game changer; there is online access to a number of journals and periodicals, as well as court records province by province.

Also, what we do here is share knowledge and expertise, right? I want to make the point that, within reason, a member of the forum should be able to raise points, questions, etc with members that are in a position to help. I mean, if a NY guy wanted to bounce things off, say, a Philly guy regarding certain figures, events, whatever, if the Philly guys got the time, he's gonna respond right? Same sorta shit if it was an American guy, Sicilian guy, Canadian, ad nauseum.

I mean, you guys know me. These days I still follow LCN, but I'm currently in the process of researching a bunch of newer Australian 'ndrangheta shit. I know it's not primary interest here, but I post it because it's the best forum, I want to be affiliated with The Black Hand, and I'm happy to share with the 2 or 3 dudes that sort of dig it.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Unfortunately, the link does not work...
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Laurentian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:24 am Unfortunately, the link does not work...
It does it's just linked as theblackhand.club before the url for some reason. This should work:

http://trove.nla.gov.au/
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Camo wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:11 am
Laurentian wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:24 am Unfortunately, the link does not work...
It does it's just linked as theblackhand.club before the url for some reason. This should work:

http://trove.nla.gov.au/
Now, it does! Thanks Camo! :D
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Over at newspapers.com, you can now search
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

antimafia wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:00 pm Over at newspapers.com, you can now search
Good stuff.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

A download for the first book on Capone is priceless to me. Thanks Rick this is an awesome list.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Benito
Straightened out

Post by Benito »

NewYork times has got a fuck ton of Mafia related and just Organized crime related stuff. I’ve gathered loads of pages over the years. However, very difficult to share as they only allow non-subscribers (unpaid readers) I think approximately five readable pages at a time. So it makes sharing these newspaper articles difficult.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Bennyxo wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:49 am NewYork times has got a fuck ton of Mafia related and just Organized crime related stuff. I’ve gathered loads of pages over the years. However, very difficult to share as they only allow non-subscribers (unpaid readers) I think approximately five readable pages at a time. So it makes sharing these newspaper articles difficult.
We got ways around that, go ahead and share them.
I get it....first rule of fight club.