The love affair with Joey Merlino

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

The love affair with Joey Merlino

Post by JCB1977 »

Maybe I'm missing something and if I am, please correct me. But why is it that there are so many threads on so many sites dedicated to Joey Merlino. Outside of Philly, he isn't nor ever was considered a powerful OC figure by anybody outside South Philadelphia. He's a 5'2" egomaniac and hasn't really done anything as far as furthering the revenue of the Philly family. I give him credit for taking his sentence without cooperating, but am I missing something?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Mukremin
Straightened out

Re: The love affair with Joey Merlino

Post by Mukremin »

Pretty simple, he is cocky and flashy like John Gotti and Crazy Gallo. People love that stuff.

Smarter people would go for Chin Giganti, Ducks Corallo, Accardo etc.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

While I agree he is cocky & flashy, he never had the clout Gotti had.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

Oke you got a point there, but some people like those type of gangsters and want to be around them like they are celebrities. New York wise he is nothing, well Philly wise he is oke.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Because he is a big part of the Philly mobs history and Philly is one of if not the most entertaining and interesting groups to read about.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Because he is a big part of the Philly mobs history and Philly is one of if not the most entertaining and interesting groups to read about.
That's because dysfunction is always fun to observe. It's like trying to drive by a car wreck without looking. It can't be done.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

Take out Angelo Bruno and the whole thing collapses. Like the engine of a car. We could give Ligambi a break too. The rest is a bunch of circus clowns.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Bruno wasn't all that good either.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

Thats open for debate ;)
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Dysfunctional is a kind adjective used to describe the Philly LCN Family EB. It would have been interesting to see what Stanfa would have done had the Turks not acted like a group of gang bangers from the Bloods & Crips. Anyhow, my opinion is that guys like Merlino should learn to duck and stay out of the limelight, he's just pissing off the Feds even more. I do believe Nicodemo will flip after his verdict and I think the midget's freedom will be short lived.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

He's a young mans gangster he loved nightclubs cocaine and the wild life. He's public. He's apporchable. He has been involved in mob wars and beat murder raps. Why do you have so much hate towards anyone involved in the philly family this is one of the many times you have bashed them jcb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

Like who cares why do you continuously bash them?

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

phatmatress wrote:Like who cares why do you continuously bash them?

They're an interesting family to read about and watch on the news. My opinion is only an opinion, it's not personal. I've seen and heard other people bash them as well, it's a debatable topic. I find them to be as entertaining as the Jersey Shore. I have no issue with Philly people, some of my family resides in greater Philly. The media, not me...has made a circus out of this family. Information on Philly that I get is from the media, news, law enforcement reports etc. I think it was your own hometown Philly reporter Anastasia that has used them as a punch line and gave them embarrassing nicknames and painted a dysfunctional portrait from the 1980's to present day. I started this thread to try and understand what the Merlino allure is, not to argue. Since they are often reported on because of constant publicity, it's a great topic to discuss and get opinions of local Philly guys who could give honest neighborhood opinions on a guy that South Philly worships. I'm not looking to debate, but to discuss. Sorry you misinterpreted the purpose of this thread.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

No good explanation but I'm not from philly... Pittsburgh area my friend. I was just wondering if it was personal or what with you.... Now that I think of it it was thom l jones who had the big problem with philly getting more replies then his threads and cried about it. My bad like I said I was just wondering and good responde

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

phatmatress wrote:No good explanation but I'm not from philly... Pittsburgh area my friend. I was just wondering if it was personal or what with you.... Now that I think of it it was thom l jones who had the big problem with philly getting more replies then his threads and cried about it. My bad like I said I was just wondering and good responde

I don't know Thom Jones, never really paid attention to any of his posts. I'm from Youngstown originally, so I try to comment about my areas as well as the Northeast where I currently reside. But Philly fascinates me.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP