The love affair with Joey Merlino

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Teflon john
Straightened out

Re: The love affair with Joey Merlino

Post by Teflon john »

That is exactly the point i was trying to make Eddie,thank you for speaking up and saying that stuff. Yeah that entire crew were young guys and they had more balls than a pool table. They won the battle,won the war and took there prison time like stand up guys did back in the 50's and 60's. I dont care what anyone says,these guys earned whatever they have and didnt take any shit from Stanfa.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

While I agree wholeheartedly about Merlino having no fear, keeping his mouth shut and doing his time like a man, I still don't see him anywhere near as strong or influential as John Gotti. The comparison is apples and oranges in regards to NY and Philly. I also agree 100% that the media and journalists in Philly do a great job covering the South Philly mob and they are an entertaining bunch of goodfellas. I respect Merlino and his crew who went to war in the 1990's, survived a few assassination attempts and took the family by force.

The main question I have is: It is well known that NY put John Stanfa in charge of Philly, but why did NY not go after Merlino and his crew when all that shit went down in the 1990's? If NY supported Stanfa and represented them, I would have assumed that retribution for the attempted murder of Stanfa would have been dealt with.

**Also, is George Borgesi shelved? Better yet, is Merlino/Mazzone stonewalling him for a reason? I predict that Borgesi will snap sooner or later. Any thoughts? Chucky and any other Philly mob buffs, would love to hear your opinion or viewpoints on the subject.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Only the Gambinos backed Stanfa, and Natale made connections with the Genovese while he was locked up.

Borgesi isn't on the shelf, he's laying low being on supervised release, but he still has guys loyal to him. There's definitely friction though, the guy is a major hot head, but he had reason to be pissed about the Delaware county thing.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Chucky wrote:Only the Gambinos backed Stanfa, and Natale made connections with the Genovese while he was locked up.

Borgesi isn't on the shelf, he's laying low being on supervised release, but he still has guys loyal to him. There's definitely friction though, the guy is a major hot head, but he had reason to be pissed about the Delaware county thing.

Much appreciated Chucky. Thanks for clarifying!
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Italianheritage
Straightened out

Post by Italianheritage »

Wiseguy wrote:Joey Merlino and John Gotti. Both flashy, tough guys. Entertaining to watch. But neither of them remotely qualified to run their respective crime families.
Nope they're not. They both are way too into media attention as well.

Eventually Joey will wind up in prison for the rest of his life.
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies »

guys, i set up a thread in the graveyard, so just quote his posts from the oc sections and respond over there. don't let him turn the oc section here into the same joke it has become on other boards.
bobbybats
Straightened out

Post by bobbybats »

Five Felonies wrote:guys, i set up a thread in the graveyard, so just quote his posts from the oc sections and respond over there. don't let him turn the oc section here into the same joke it has become on other boards.
Why, look I am not a fan of the guy either but what he has typed in this thread does not warrant inviting a free for all attack on the guy. Unless I have missed something in this thread, it appears that if your not liked by the mods then your not entitled to have an opinion, is that what this new board is going to be like. If so, there are several other shit starters who are allowed to post and say pretty much anything they want. Like I said, I don't care for the individual but I do believe in being fair. Again, if I missed something please let me know.
In 14 years the bitch will be a real money earner, yes sir........
Italianheritage
Straightened out

Post by Italianheritage »

bobbybats wrote:
Five Felonies wrote:guys, i set up a thread in the graveyard, so just quote his posts from the oc sections and respond over there. don't let him turn the oc section here into the same joke it has become on other boards.
Why, look I am not a fan of the guy either but what he has typed in this thread does not warrant inviting a free for all attack on the guy. Unless I have missed something in this thread, it appears that if your not liked by the mods then your not entitled to have an opinion, is that what this new board is going to be like. If so, there are several other shit starters who are allowed to post and say pretty much anything they want. Like I said, I don't care for the individual but I do believe in being fair. Again, if I missed something please let me know.
Exactly.

Other members, or trolls are allowed/excused/encouraged to troll, and their trolling posts, or posts that break the forum rules are not moved to the graveyard/beef forum.
Last edited by Italianheritage on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies »

bobbybats wrote:Why, look I am not a fan of the guy either but what he has typed in this thread does not warrant inviting a free for all attack on the guy. Unless I have missed something in this thread, it appears that if your not liked by the mods then your not entitled to have an opinion, is that what this new board is going to be like. If so, there are several other shit starters who are allowed to post and say pretty much anything they want. Like I said, I don't care for the individual but I do believe in being fair. Again, if I missed something please let me know.
well, there are certain people who post things just to get a rise out of others, not for the sake of an honest discussion. there are certain posters who for whatever reason turn every thread they post in into a downward spiral. you know what's a pain in the ass? constantly having to move/delete/edit posts as a result of a single person. right or wrong, if somebody thinks they are going to play mr slick and constantly poke people, people are eventually going to respond and ruin the thread. i opened up the other thread so hopefully all of the responses can be made in that section and keep the oc forums clear of the bullshit and allow the discussion to continue without the distractions. look what happens on some of the other boards, any decent topic eventually getting derailed and locked due to petty back and forth bullshit.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

It's simple: Don't respond to him or chime in on any thread he starts. I believe in being fair as well BobbyBats but I also see Five Felonies point of view . If he pokes, he pokes. If the poke does in fact directly cause another poster to attack, then it should go to the graveyard and the exchange in the thread should be deleted. You both have a compelling concern, just need to compromise and implement a rule for that type of offense. My two cents.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

This is exactly what I've been professing since all this mess started with "It". However I too recently fell prey to "It". Believe me, it won't happen again!
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
bobbybats
Straightened out

Post by bobbybats »

Like I said I don't care for the individual, I just didn't think the stuff in this thread warranted a trip to the graveyard, I do understand FF position and really have no dog in this hunt, hell I don't even have a problem with Jbell being back LOL.
In 14 years the bitch will be a real money earner, yes sir........
Dellacroce
Straightened out

Post by Dellacroce »

bobbybats wrote:Like I said I don't care for the individual, I just didn't think the stuff in this thread warranted a trip to the graveyard, I do understand FF position and really have no dog in this hunt, hell I don't even have a problem with Jbell being back LOL.
It probably had more to do with what was in the "Ndrangheta initiation video" thread then what happened in this one.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Anyway, back to Merlino and the love affair that the city of Philly has for this guy. Question: Will Borgesi get his status back or do you think it's over for him? Does Merlino and Mazzone actually like Borgesi? I'd have to say that he is my most hated mobster! He just looks like a tool. Are Borgesi and Uncle Joe on speaking terms? Last question, did both RICO trials wipe out any of Ligambi's financial means?

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

I've said this before, but nobody likes Borgesi it's just that Merlino & Mazzone hate him less than everybody else. I don't know what his status is going forward, he's a loose cannon but he serves a purpose. The guy is one of the biggest pieces of shit walking the planet, but he's no tool. The guy is stone killer, earned more than most, did 13 years and was prepared to do more after he got lumped into that Ligambi indictment.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson