Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Etna »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:24 am
Etna wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:00 am Sergio Flamia - the pentito involved with the murder of Juan Ramon Fernandez and Pimentel has written a book. It looks to be only in Italian...not sure if anyone knows if an english version is out there.

http://www.lavocedibagheria.it/2014/06/ ... -la-mafia/
Even in Italian it says it's already unavailable on amazon...If only I knew about it earlier, it was released in 2014 as I see. Will try to find it elsewhere, but it's written on the cover image "Parla il boss Sergio Flamia" ("The boss Sergio Flamia speaks"): they never stop labeling as a "boss" every single mafioso that gets at least some notoriety above average; Flamia was a capo, not a boss. But, after every mass arrest, they always write in newspapers things like "40 bosses arrested", even when it's 1 or 2 bosses only and the rest are soldiers.

Thanks for the information, will try to get the book.
On a spin-off topic stemming from this, you mention he was a Capo. Was he the only pentito stemming from these murders? If so, I recall him stating that he was never formally "initiated" into the Bagheria cosca. I've recalled other posters saying he was actually an associate - but can you recall the capo status anywhere?
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Etna wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:28 pm
Etna wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:00 am Sergio Flamia - the pentito involved with the murder of Juan Ramon Fernandez and Pimentel has written a book. It looks to be only in Italian...not sure if anyone knows if an english version is out there.

Even in Italian it says it's already unavailable on amazon...If only I knew about it earlier, it was released in 2014 as I see. Will try to find it elsewhere, but it's written on the cover image "Parla il boss Sergio Flamia" ("The boss Sergio Flamia speaks"): they never stop labeling as a "boss" every single mafioso that gets at least some notoriety above average; Flamia was a capo, not a boss. But, after every mass arrest, they always write in newspapers things like "40 bosses arrested", even when it's 1 or 2 bosses only and the rest are soldiers.

On a spin-off topic stemming from this, you mention he was a Capo. Was he the only pentito stemming from these murders? If so, I recall him stating that he was never formally "initiated" into the Bagheria cosca. I've recalled other posters saying he was actually an associate - but can you recall the capo status anywhere?
I don't know whether he was the only informant in this case, but strange, he was initially described as a capo in the first articles after his arrest, before he became an informant. The articles said there were 2 capos from the Bagheria family arrested: Sergio Flamia and Carmelo Bartolone. Here for example, the term "capo decina" is used for both:

http://www.bagherianews.com/cronaca/996 ... pt-id.html

http://livesicilia.it/2013/09/11/mafia- ... ia_370653/

But if he is really an associate, what about Bartolone?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Etna wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Giuseppe Salvatore Carbone was also a pentito. He helped law enforcement find the burned bodies and he pointed the fingers at Salvatore and Pietro Scaduto (brothers), who as a result were later arrested.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

So, how many people are involved with the Bagheria family? These groups seem like they aren't huge over in Sicily, but the same guys keep getting arrested over and over again...

Also, is cagnolazzi a term still used to describe the young kids?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Etna wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:43 am So, how many people are involved with the Bagheria family? These groups seem like they aren't huge over in Sicily, but the same guys keep getting arrested over and over again...

You could always post your above questions in a new thread or see whether they are on topic enough to fit into a number of already existing threads that have mentions of Bagheria.

Many posters will recall that back on May 8, 2013, Adrian Humphreys wrote about Juan Ramon Fernandez being sought in relation to Operazione Argo, as 21 people had been arrested in Sicily that day; the next day, Humphreys wrote about Fernandez again, having learned along with the rest of the world that Fernandez had been murdered some time ago. It's the second article that mentioned there were as many as 10 local men in Bagheria who had "ties to Canada, primarily with the Rizzuto crime family." (See http://nationalpost.com/news/canadians- ... has-spread.)
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Etna wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:43 am So, how many people are involved with the Bagheria family? These groups seem like they aren't huge over in Sicily, but the same guys keep getting arrested over and over again...

according to antimafia direction bagheria mandamento (bagheria, villabate, casteldaccia, altavilla milicia and ficarazzi families) has 100 made members i don't know bagheria family
cagnolazzi was used in 1800s i don't think today
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Jacques Desjardins, brother of Raynald, has been missing since Oct 30.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-n ... ar-old-man
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Slumpy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:37 am Jacques Desjardins, brother of Raynald, has been missing since Oct 30.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-n ... ar-old-man
And speaking of Raynald Desjardins, five years ago, on Sunday, November 4, Joe Di Maulo, brother-in-law of Raynald, was murdered, one month after Vito Rizzuto returned to Montreal from US prison.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Was Dejardins and Di Maulo responsible for the murder of the Rizzutos ,Cuntrera and Rende??
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Sorry meant Renda
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Frank wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:41 am Was Dejardins and Di Maulo responsible for the murder of the Rizzutos ,Cuntrera and Rende??
That is one of the possibilities.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Thanks buddy. It's kinda unclear if some of the hits that's happened in the almost last 10 years are by one group or are separate.
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Laurentian wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 pm
Frank wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:41 am Was Dejardins and Di Maulo responsible for the murder of the Rizzutos ,Cuntrera and Rende??
That is one of the possibilities.
Any idea why Desjardins wanted to clip Montagna? Who gave the order there?
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

the rizzuto's are still powerful in my opinion, they still order murders
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

scagghiuni wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:51 pm the rizzuto's are still powerful in my opinion, they still order murders
This thread is about the post Rizzuto era.

In my opinion the war is over. The Rizzutos as it have been known as a force in the past are no more calling the shots. Period.

How the Montréal mafia is going to be like in the next coming years? That is the idea of this thread. Thanks everybody.