Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Laurentian »

Following Operations Magot-Mastiff of last November (2015), that led to the arrests of Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito, I thought it would be a good idea to start new thread which will be dealing with events regarding what it is going on within the Montreal Mafia.

So, today in Montreal, a judge ruled that Rizzuto and Sollecito, who are seeking to be released on bail, pending upcoming proceedings, that he was not convinced that, if released, they would be present at any further criminal procedures against them. So the Court has ordered them to be remain detained until the end of procedures. Of note of interest, it is said that Sollecito was not present at the court but through a videoconference. Apparently, he looked suffering of what it has been reported from a cancer.

Here is an update from Daniel Renaud, crime reporter at La Presse.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Laurentian »

OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Thanks for the update on the bail proceedings of Leonardo & Stefano. Looks like barring something miraculous, Stefano doesn't have long left.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:Thanks for the update on the bail proceedings of Leonardo & Stefano. Looks like barring something miraculous, Stefano doesn't have long left.
Here is an update with a rare photograph of Giovanna Cammalleri, mother of Leonardo.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/judge-d ... a-kingpins
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Who would you think is next in line at be knocked off with these main guys in jail?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Laurentian wrote:
OlBlueEyesClub wrote:Thanks for the update on the bail proceedings of Leonardo & Stefano. Looks like barring something miraculous, Stefano doesn't have long left.
Here is an update with a rare photograph of Giovanna Cammalleri, mother of Leonardo.

Were you able to interview Giuseppe Costa?
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Antiliar wrote:
Laurentian wrote:

Were you able to interview Giuseppe Costa?
No. I never met him.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I appreciate your updates on Montreal.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

I would venture a guess that rocco sollecito has been the boss since rizzutos death
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Hailbritain wrote:I would venture a guess that rocco sollecito has been the boss since rizzutos death

Well, if not, at least we can say of him that he is the most senior one to have been part of the Rizzuto Administration during the heyday of the Rizzuto organization. On the other hand, as he has been convicted following the takedown of Colisée operation, the man is certainly watched by the Parole Board. Personally I dont see him as a potential boss in Montréal, but due to his experience, he would certainly be a good advisor. Sollecito must be near 70, if not a bit more in age. I have to check that.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Hailbritain wrote:I would venture a guess that rocco sollecito has been the boss since rizzutos death

Even though Project MAGOT & Project MASTIF confirmed through their evidence that Leonardo Rizzuto & Rocco's son, Stefano were the two who were running the show?
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I think Rocco and Vito were within 2 years of each other. I could be wrong.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

dixiemafia wrote:I think Rocco and Vito were within 2 years of each other. I could be wrong.
I think you are right. Vito was born in 1946 and Rocco probably 1948 or so.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

And here's a passage from the Business Or Blood book, from the last chapter, which came up in a discussion on that forum about some the vagueness they use to describe the new players after Vito's death...

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:

"Police surveillance were startled in early 2014 to see Vito's last consigliere Rocco Sollecito making the rounds with a fresh face in the milieu. This man has a clean criminal record but enjoyed a tight, affectionate tie to Vito. Sollecito seemed bent on introducing him to everyone who was anyone in his world. As he made the rounds with Sollecito, the man carried himself with the utmost seriousness,as one might expect from the new boss of a major crime family."

Definitely sounds like they may have been describing a family member, like a son. And the police being startled part, may be in reference to them finding it very surprising that one like Leonardo were personally involving himself in his fathers criminal affairs.

I think this is Nicaso & Edwards confirming right here that by what was collected by the law at the time, Leonardo was initially named to take over after his father died. And maybe later on, Stefano was brought along to handle the street dealings.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:And here's a passage from the Business Or Blood book, from the last chapter, which came up in a discussion on that forum about some the vagueness they use to describe the new players after Vito's death...

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:

"Police surveillance were startled in early 2014 to see Vito's last consigliere Rocco Sollecito making the rounds with a fresh face in the milieu. This man has a clean criminal record but enjoyed a tight, affectionate tie to Vito. Sollecito seemed bent on introducing him to everyone who was anyone in his world. As he made the rounds with Sollecito, the man carried himself with the utmost seriousness,as one might expect from the new boss of a major crime family."

Definitely sounds like they may have been describing a family member, like a son. And the police being startled part, may be in reference to them finding it very surprising that one like Leonardo were personally involving himself in his fathers criminal affairs.

I think this is Nicaso & Edwards confirming right here that by what was collected by the law at the time, Leonardo was initially named to take over after his father died. And maybe later on, Stefano was brought along to handle the street dealings.
The sudden death of Vito has not only surprised the entire underworld in Canada, but also his relatives. The question will always remain unanswered: did Vito have had time to consider appointing a successor? I think not, as disease quickly took him away.