Joe Colombo shooting

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mukremin
Straightened out

Joe Colombo shooting

Post by Mukremin »

I was wondering, we know for certain the shooter was Jerome Johnson. Johnson was supposedly shot by one of the bodyguards of Colombo. Whats the story about him? We know if he was made? And is it certain that Gallo was behind it, or was the Commission behind it and used Gallo?

Or perhaps Gallo didnt had anything to do with it? Maybe this has been discussed before, was reading through some books and got some questions.

We also know that Gallo was killed not long after by the Colombos, so they believed it was Gallo behind it....

Could it be that the person who shot Johnson did so to silence the killer? Like Oswald and Ruby? :roll:
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Joe Colombo shooting

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It is possible that the hit was orchestrate by Joe Yacovelli (Colombo's Consiglieri) and Carmine Persico. At least that is what Greg Scarpa's FBI file says. I think it makes the most sense.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: Joe Colombo shooting

Post by Lupara »

Pogo The Clown wrote:It is possible that the hit was orchestrate by Joe Yacovelli (Colombo's Consiglieri) and Carmine Persico. At least that is what Greg Scarpa's FBI file says. I think it makes the most sense.

Pogo
Agreed. But most likely with the backing of the other families. They could have hired that black guy to put suspicion on Gallo.